Evidence that God is real

Discussion in 'Religion' started by James R, Aug 31, 2018.

1. billvon Valued Senior Member

Yes, scripture is "jam packed" with examples. And yet you have still not been able to list a single one. You have failed completely.

The theist doth protest too much, methinks.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's Jan's stupid argument all over again. Theists can have knowledge of God and atheists can't. But what they don't admit is that verification is still required in order to distinguish knowledge from delusion. How do you know the thing you believe through whatever religious tradition is true?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kx000 Valued Senior Member

You wouldn't be mad at God at all if he let you go to hell? Dis-belief may or may not be worse than skepticism. Why not go to Heaven based on knowing and not have to burn... and reserve Doubt for the worst of the worst. Science upholds knowledge, faith gives us truth.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I have faith I can fly off this cliff

Weeeeeeeeeeee

Splat

Shite. But at least now I know that science knowledge would tell me how I could fly and faith makes shite up

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

Is that some sort of Trump joke?

9. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

In this case, it is not me who owns the limitation.

10. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

I am not sure how that works.
    Technically an atheist requires to have no knowledge (as in realization, which is the whole thrust of this discussion about evidence arising from prescriptive measures) in order to identify as such.

Through appllication of course. So then it boils down to discerning valid from invalid practices as they pertain to goals.

11. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

If that was the case, there would be no need to go beyond mere definitions in scripture.

Sure.
    You could say that is first.
    Pretty much all knowable issues begin like that. If you don't believe it will rain, you won't pack an umbrella, and so forth.

What to speak of applying the means that grants discernment on the nature of God.

If you don't have any notable degree of faith in a field of knowledge, it stands to reason that the catalysts that empower such a field will also be neglected. Very few interviewees get admitted to competitive universities by expressing their impatient distaste for the field and the institution they are applying to.

I'm not sure on the connection you are trying to draw with foreigners. Unlike foreigners, atheists have very clear and apparent views that they choose to establish or maintain in order to remain as such.

If that was the case, why talk of prescriptive measures in pursuit of goals?

12. kx000 Valued Senior Member

There is nothing wrong with putting forth a scientific effort and proving a belief.

13. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

Were we discussing epistemological authority or something else?

By practice of course.
    This is why atheists have no recourse to anything outside of their head and struggle immensely to establish a position beyond being a mere reactionary subset of religion.

14. billvon Valued Senior Member

I guess if you practice enough you can believe anything. Some people really, honestly believe the earth is flat.

15. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

What are flat earthers practicing?

16. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

So how did having faith and believing I could fly off the cliff provide any truth?

Seems like I killed myself because of my faith. Which is a twist on religion which frequently kills believers in other regions for having a different belief

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. billvon Valued Senior Member

An unshakable, theist-like belief in a flat earth.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If morality isn't the authority, then I don't care what they have to say about anything.
    Practice of delusional beliefs only reinforces delusion. How do you know it's not a delusion without evidence? Atheism is perfectly compatible with empiricism, which is not just reactionary to religious doctrine but actually superior.

19. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

You are just talking of ideas that have no practical element. No doubt you feel the same about theism, which would explain your reluctance to click on links and whatnot.

20. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

Ok.
    So you did just change the topic.

By practice in pursuit of prescriptive descriptions .... the same as practically any claim you could care to mention.

Bollocks

21. Capracus Valued Senior Member

Willful ignorance of the present state of justifiable knowledge.

22. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

Ditto previous response to billvon

23. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Which requires presenting the practice and methods of application, and the goals, for discerning examination.
    Something you will never do.
    And failed to present a single one of those examples.
    Of course they do. Now back to the topic - evidence that God is real.