Evidence that God is real

Discussion in 'Religion' started by James R, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

You seem happy in your delusion.

Lol!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Really?

Jan.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

What do you mean by “had a God”?
    What people do not know of God?

You give theists too much credit. But thanks for the compliment.

No one is equipped with the intelligence to create God, or gods. It is silly to even think that to be possible.

Atheists know God Is. They simply reject and deny.

You cannot be a live human being and not know God. Even babies and children know.
    Atheists deny and reject, by creating a version of God that sits well with their world view. Then feel their worldview validated when nobody can produce their God.

They will always be without God (their choice), until they give up their delusion (their choice).

There is no “better” with regards to delusions.
    It just needs to be able to stick, so you can carry on with the delusion.

They like to hear theists talk about God, so they can construct arguments, diversions, condescending insults, mockery etc, to boost their delusion.

I’m not going to give you any ammunition, so I’m not going to be discussing God with you. Only atheism.

Jan.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

This entire thread and countless threads like it is evidence of Gods existence...either as an idea, a belief, disbelief, a reality or surrealists day dream.
    God is known , unknown, mystery and obvious. The ultimate teaser to the curious, furious, oblivious.
    The giant puzzle that the field of science seeks to solve so that science can become the God they deny.
    Just think... the human race only has about 50 years left to work it out ( according to science ). A dead line of our own creation.
    I think most people already know that it is going to take a miracle to fix the mess we have created.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

I quoted you. So one of us has a delusion. I have a feeling it might be the guy who thinks Santa Claus is real.
    Yes really. God is supernatural. Religions are about the supernatural. If you have a religion and it doesn't have a supernatural component, it's a club.

Michael 345 likes this.
  8. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

Decrying God as "the supernatural" is just a common tool of convenience utilized by atheists. It finds practically no historical or philosophical usage outside of their select echo chambers.

9. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The same ones listed for you many times on this forum.
    It's a frequently and sometimes carefully observed historical event - timelines, attributes, dates and places and people, even. In the case of the Cargo Cults, it's been pinned down to a five year time interval on a couple of Pacific Islands at the end of WWII. In the case of Scientology the jury is still out on whether a deity is involved - but if there is, we know who created it and when.
    Not from you, or any other overt Abrahamic theist on this or any science forum.
    You post in this thread with no intention of discussing your God or any God.
    Instead, as always, the pivot to personal attack on any and all pretexts.

The overt Abrahamic theist does essentially nothing else, on science forums. No actual discussion is possible with one of them - it's not something they do. If responses like mine, here, are excluded from these threads, so should be any post from Jan et al.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

We all know it's an idea, but is it true?
    If it's known, it shouldn't be hard to demonstrate. Why is every other fact demonstrated and not this?
    Please don't insult science by confusing it with mythology. Unlike God, science can show it's evidence.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It ain't natural because there ain't no sign of it.

12. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Taoism, Buddhism, Animisms, heuristic religious mythologies, and so forth, are not "clubs".
    Failure to recognize the existence of spirituality in the world, as a logical level of pattern, as (for example) the context providing meaning for rational thought, will cripple scientific endeavor as well as scientifically informed civilization. Granting a monopoly on that level of experience and perception to Abrahamic theists or others rejecting scientific investigation and description will not rid the modern world of superstition.

13. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

For as long as one finds it convenient to bypass vast tracts of history and philosophy on the subject, sure.

14. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I guess it is only when you (science) have no need to show your evidence that you will become God.
    Supernatural? Far from it...God is all things natural (Pantheistic) and as such there is plenty of evidence yes?

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Christian apologetics aren't evidence.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Why not just use the term nature?

17. Capracus Valued Senior Member

Of course it’s logical for people and cultures to develop a reverence for their perceived rational beliefs, recognized or not, it’s an innate aspect of our neurology. But to suggest that to question the irrationality of a particular revered belief somehow threatens to extinguish reverence of others makes no sense. My contempt for specific beliefs doesn’t dull my enthusiasm for the others I respect.

18. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

I agree.
    They aren't evidence of a creed that persistently monopolize the term "supernatural God" for the sake of establishing a world view.
    It seems that foible belongs to a certain class of atheist.

19. Capracus Valued Senior Member

Your god isn't the supernatural type? If so, go ahead and introduce it to the rest of us.

20. iceaura Valued Senior Member

In response to my post? What are you talking about?
    The comment was re rejection of all religion for its supposed and by definition reliance on belief in the supernatural.

21. Write4U Valued Senior Member

There is evidence of early hominids assuming that natural events were/are caused by "unseen but powerful sentient beings".
    But that does not establish the existence of such non-physical beings......

https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-85-origins-worship

And later the early gods were refined to even greater fantastical powers.

https://www.greekboston.com/culture/mythology/kronos-zeus/

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Quantum Quack likes this.
  22. Write4U Valued Senior Member

And pray tell, what do people know of God? He has been with us for a long time? Really?....

And why is God of a male gender? Anyone tested this physical attribute?
    Ah yes, "immaculate conception" by a human female from a male god. Double speak...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  23. Capracus Valued Senior Member

Then explain this.
    What does the recognition of spirituality have to do with the perpetuation of rational thought? Ideally in science the quality of a belief is based on its conformity to reason, not the reverence it may inspire.