Evidence that God is real

Discussion in 'Religion' started by James R, Aug 31, 2018.

1. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

No. I'm being polite in considering the possibility that you might not be lying through your teeth. I did NOT say I never believed in God. I DID believe in God.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. billvon Valued Senior Member

Then why were you asking "Why the need for any comparison, if God is no different?"
    I am posting what the Bible says. You are posting your imaginings on what the Bible SHOULD say.

So one of us is denying and rejecting the Bible - and it's not me.
    I'm not. I am posting what the Bible SAYS. Do you claim it's factually wrong? That's great; let's discuss that.

But if your claim is "the Bible doesn't say what it says" then you need to find a less intelligent community that will buy into your double-talking bullshit.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I’m asking an atheist.
    If God is no different than

You’re being delusional if you really believe that.

Jan.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

No you didn’t didn’t.
    You said so yourself.
    An atheist cannot believe in God, any more than a batchelor can be married.

Jan.

8. billvon Valued Senior Member

Than what? Santa Claus? The only person claiming that is you.
    Genesis 1: So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
    1 Corinthians 15: The first man Adam became a living soul
    1 Timothy 2: For Adam was formed first, then Eve

9. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Sorry about the cut-off.
    I was going to say Easter Bunny, but same difference to the atheist.

I thought you said you believed in God.

“Adam” in the 2nd Chapter means, “man” (singular) “of ruddy complexion”, “ to show blood in the face”.
    If you don’t believe me, look it up for yourself (Strongs concordance).

Jan.

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

That's why no one takes you seriously, and thinks you are something of a joke.
    Not your God. (Capital G.)

11. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I don’t see your connection.

Which god do you believe in?

Jan

12. billvon Valued Senior Member

You make up things, like "atheists say God is no different than the Easter Bunny" - then you argue against your own claim, as if someone else said it.

13. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

She was raised up fully prepaired to marry a church-goin man who woud fully take care of her an she quit school to do so... she just needed to cook an raise the kids an he woud do the rest… an when he died less than 20 years later… turned out she didnt even know how to write a check or how to pay the bills… sinse then her finances have been 1 fug-up after anuther… along wit times of depression while tryin to figer out if this was realy Gods plan for her… an im surprized it didnt all work out sinse she went to a highly rated psychiatrist (wit simular superstitious beleifs) who explained that God loves her an that she needs to keep her faith strong.!!!

14. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Is this just a one-off?
    Or does it occur normally?

Jan.

15. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

At least a 2-off.!!!

My (now) wife was started on a simular path... if it hadnt been for a kinfolk of hers that talked her into finishin school an gettin a job... an then i came along an was the cherry on top

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

So why do you discriminate against religious people?

Jan.

17. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Give an example.!!!

18. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

You said, “Well... MY MOTHER AN FATHER IN LAW WAS RELIGOUS PEOPLE AN THEY WAS VERY NICE... i just woudnt trust 'em to be in charge of anybody i cared for.!!!”

That sound discriminatory to me.
    And I don’t mean that in a spineless liberal way.

Jan.

19. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Was that at The Church of Married Bachelors?

Jan.

20. Capracus Valued Senior Member

This stuff didn’t get pulled from my ass.

The Kardashev scale is a method of measuring a civilization's level of technological advancement based on the amount of energy a civilization is able to use.

Types 0, IV, and V Kardashev rating: The most straightforward extension of the scale to even more hypothetical Type IV beings who can control or use the entire universe or Type V who control collections of universes. This would also include Type 0 civilizations, who do not rank on the Kardashev scale. The power output of the visible universe is within a few orders of magnitude of 1045 W. Such a civilization approaches or surpasses the limits of speculation based on current scientific understanding, and may not be possible.

Zoltán Galántai has argued that such a civilization could not be detected, as its activities would be indistinguishable from the workings of nature (there being nothing to compare them to).
    In his book Parallel Worlds, Michio Kaku has discussed a Type IV civilization that could harness "extragalactic" energy sources such as dark energy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale#Extensions_to_the_original_scale

And where do such civilizations arise from?

The technological singularity (also, simply, the singularity) is the hypothesis that the invention of artificial superintelligence (ASI) will abruptly trigger runaway technological growth, resulting in unfathomable changes to human civilization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

If you consider propositions like a technological singularity, where you can experience exponential advancement in capability, then the eventuality of an entity with the capacity to manipulate environments on a universal scale becomes a possibility.
    I personally view chaos as the inability to completely account for integral behavior.
    But it was still essentially a recipe, that given enough refinement, like any other recipe, would eventually yield a consistent result.
    There isn’t any actual evidence to support the existence of other universes besides our own. All multiverse propositions are a matter of speculation. Personally, I‘m inclined to to expect the existence of multiverses based on the progressive structural order of our observable universe, where we see a range of identifiable collections of matter in the form of planetary systems, solar systems, galaxies, and finally a universe.
    My Mars example was to demonstrate that what appears to be natural, could in fact be artificial, which implies that like creations can potentially result from natural or artificial means. The only way to distinguish between the two would be to have knowledge and understanding of the causal agents.
    It’s not my God, it’s only a proposal of God that I would assume to conform to the same deterministic laws that govern reality as a whole.
    Outside of a given universe does not imply outside of reality. If the potential exists for reality to determine the creation of a universe either by artificial means(intelligence) or naturally(non-intelligence), then it happens accordingly within the whole of reality.
    To the extent that willful is used to describe behavior in a deterministic setting, a powerful entity(God) could be determined to willfully behave in any conceivable manner.
    But objective records can only lead you to conclusions that are limited by subjective understanding, eventually every interpretation of the record leads to some form of speculation.

21. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I don't care if it leaked from your pee pee, and looking at the type of woo woo literature you read it may as well

Repeat

Seriously?????

22. Capracus Valued Senior Member

Yee of little vision. These are the musings of respected physicists and futurists. What would you expect to be the result of potentially tens of billions of years of intelligent evolution? Taller pyramids?

23. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I would expect in tens of billions of years in the future the laws of physics to still be in force and operating as they do now

The twaddle you put forth does not do that