Evolution is wack;God is the only way that makes sense! - Part 2

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by garbonzo, Sep 2, 2012.

1. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Or not....

Suppose there's a pile of rocks on top of a hill. A variety of natural occurences - lightning, earthqauke, wind - can start one or more of those rocks rolling. The shape of each rock causes it to veer this way or that way on its downhill journey. Different rocks hit different bumps and other obstacles, further altering their pathways. Eventually, all of the rocks are at the bottom of the hill, their gravitational potential energy used up. Then you come along and see them and conclude that somebody planned to arrange them like that.

No, you can't do that. As long as there are natural processes that can explain each step, you can't conclude that the final result was some kind of goal.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mazulu Banned Banned

I've ruminated over this problem for years. I've had intense experiences of the supernatural that have gone on for weeks. It's powerful, but it's also taxing. I value those experiences and the miracles I've seen. I just can't reconcile the phenomena with logical thinking. It's also hard to live under those conditions. Imagine receiving hours of instructions from a Higher Power (while at work). I remember being instructed that I had to obey the law, to the letter; including speeding limits, even as police cars would suddenly show up and drive along side me. In another experience, I was told that a telepathic communication can be intercepted by evil forces; it was my responsibility to disregard a communication that might be considered dangerous. The example that was taught to me was: what if a telepathic communication tells you to demonstrate your faith in God by closing your eyes while driving down the highway? When this point was drilled into me sufficiently, the Powers that be tested me. While I was driving down the street, a man who was standing on the curb suddenly stepped off the curb. If I had been driving with my eyes closed, I would have hit this pedestrian. I could see that the man had obviously made a mistake in stepping off the curb. I had to slam on my breaks. His buddy pulled him back onto the curb. It looked to me as if the man had received a telepathic command to step off the curb. God had to trust that I had understood what was being taught.

My point is that you have to use good judgement and discernment to tell the difference between a delusion and a communication from a Higher Power. If a Higher power is telling you something that is helpful, healing and wise, while at the same time, an evil person is trying to convince you that life is meaningless, then maybe you should listen to the wise communication and ignore the evil communication.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mazulu Banned Banned

Spend some time in nature, then come back and tell us that it was a series of accidents. By the way, where are all of the dud universes?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mazulu Banned Banned

Fine tuned universe.

8. Promo Registered Senior Member

I am really interested to hear what intense supernatural things have happened to you.

9. Mazulu Banned Banned

That's as much as I'm willing to talk about in this battleground of ideas. Sorry.:shrug:

10. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

sideshowbob,

We don't always have the luxury of knowing what ''something actually is'', so even from that standpoint we have to come to terms with the limitation of what we know.

That's great, but experiences don't alway happen under those circumstances, so when they occurr only to us, we are still a witness to it.
    Anybody can be decieved, or deluded, or absolutely correct in their understanding of personal experience.

Not really. Because that means non agreement means no evidence.

Obviously, if I examine the data, and repeat what as already been done, I'm going to come to the same conclusion. But what makes
    YOU think it is evidence?

jan.

11. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Been there, done that. It's observation of nature that causes me to conclude that no being in its right mind would design such a mess.

They would only be duds if there was a goal. If there are other universes, they are all every bit as "perfect" as this one.

12. Mazulu Banned Banned

If nobody exists to admire its beauty, or complain incessantly, then what was the point in creating it?

Also, there is no scientific evidence that there are any other universes, there is only this universe. Therefore, this universe exists, we are alive, and life flourishes. What more evidence of a Designer do you need? I want you to address the issue that there is only one universe, and yet life formed ONLY BECAUSE carbon atoms exist.

13. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

That's why personal experience is of little value in determining "truth".

That's right.

As I've already said, it's evidence because it's evident to anybody.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Is 2% fine-tuned? Or is that a wide possible variation?

15. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I'm not the one who thinks it was created. I'm not the one that thinks there is a "pont" to it.

The minimum evidence that I would need for any entity is the same kind of evidence I need when the cable guy comes to the door - photo ID.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Are you saying that it's impossible to hallucinate something that is wise, helpful, and healing?

17. Mazulu Banned Banned

Here is wiki's definition of the word "truth".
    If the standard or ideal is that God exists or a Higher Power exists, then personal experience of that power is of great value. There is no better way to experience that value than through personal experience or the experience of others.

18. Mazulu Banned Banned

Yes.

19. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

You're thinking backwards. Life is a result of carbon atoms. So what? There's no reason to think that somebody said to himself, "I wanna create life so I'm gonna need some carbon...."

20. Mazulu Banned Banned

Would a telepathic picture of a face suffice? I once got this face.

21. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

spidergoat,

How do you know ''plenty of people'' were sincere?

And what method did you use to see God, and/or ''other supernatural things''?

How did you determine that they were sincere people of faith?

I'm not talking about ''certainty''.

You know what's possible?

You've made qute a leap here, but never mind for now.

How does human delusion and hallucination povide doubt in YOUR personal experiences.

Great if you want to know scientific things, but what does this have to do with what we're discussing?

How woud the popular media, like yourself, know what is and is not evidence of God?

jan.

22. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

It isn't.

23. Mazulu Banned Banned

It's not "thinking backwards", it's "reverse engineering". If you want a universe that contains life, you have to plan for it.