Evolution, not a fact??????

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by john smith, Nov 23, 2005.

?

Do you belive in evoloution?

1. Definatly,Evolution is the only answer.

83.5%
  2. No, God is the creator of all things.

7.7%
  3. Undecided.

8.8%
  1. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I don't know.
    How do you?

Jan.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Well?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Jan

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. john smith Tongue in cheek Registered Senior Member

wow, i really am confused!!!!!!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Since they share a common ancestor the similarity is to be expected.
    You have pretty well run dry now, haven't you Jan. Answering questions, with questions. An old trick, and rather obvious.
    You still haven't replied to my earlier post, by the way. Too substantial for you?

8. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

[Ophiolite]

I can understand why you cite this as evidence, but it is not scientific evidence.

Not until you give scientific evidence of macro evolution.

Only where apropriate.

Your posts reveal nothing other than a deep leaning toward the general theory of evolution.

So here is my question to you;
    What is the scientific evidence that makes mackro evolution a scientific fact?

Jan.

9. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Why?

Jan.

10. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

What is unscientific about it?

11. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

How do you know there is a common ancestor?

Jan.

12. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Answer my question first. That is the normal, polite way of conducting a discussion. I presume you wish to remain polite, yes?

13. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I said nothing about it being unscientific, which is why I cut straight to the chase with the question;

So please answer it.

Jan.

14. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Well?
    (you didn't think I was going away did you?)

Jan.

15. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Observe, with interest A Darn Jane's debating style.
    Refuse to answer any question directly.
    Refuse to study the evidence, whilst implying the evidence has been studied.
    Characterise the evidence as opinion.
    Deny everything.
    Answer questions with another question.

The technique is effective on two levels.
    a) It frustrates those presenting a counter argument, as they are unable to penetrate her obfuscation and misdirection. [Not that they need to.]
    b) It allows A Darn Jane to comfortably maintain her own delusions. [Although even the casual observer can see, not the holes in her logic, but the entire absence of logic.]

In general though, A Darn Jane's views do provide an interesting illustration of the evolutionary limitations of intelligence.

16. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

Evolution make sense !

This is how started:

Quantum fluctuation
    Inflation
    Expansion
    Strong nuclear interaction
    Particle-antiparticle annihilation
    Deuterium and helium production
    Density perturbations.
    Recombination
    Blackbody radiation
    Local contraction
    Cluster formation
    Reionization
    Violent relaxation
    Virialization
    Biased galaxy formation
    Turbulent fragmentation
    Contraction
    Ionization
    Compression
    Opaque hydrogen
    Massive star formation
    Deuterium ignition
    Hydrogen fusion
    Hydrogen depletion
    Core contraction
    Envelope expansion
    Helium fusion
    Carbon
    oxygen and silicon fusion
    Iron production
    Implosion
    Supernova explosion
    Metals injection
    Star formation
    Supernova explosions
    Star formation
    Condensation
    Planetesimal accretion
    Planetary differentiation
    Crust solidification
    Volatile gas expulsion
    Water condensation
    Water dissociation
    Ozone production
    Ultraviolet absorption
    Photosynthetic unicellular organisms
    Oxidation
    Mutation
    Natural selection and evolution
    Respiration
    Cell differentiation
    Sexual reproduction
    Fossilization
    Land exploration
    Dinosaur extinction
    Mammal expansion
    Glaciation
    Homo sapiens manifestation
    Animal domestication
    Food surplus production
    Civilization
    Innovation
    Exploration
    Leadership
    Rules & Religion
    Warring nations
    Empire creation and destruction
    Exploration
    Colonization
    Taxation without representation
    Revolution
    Constitution
    Election
    Expansion
    Industrialization
    Rebellion
    Emancipation Proclamation
    Invention
    Mass production
    Urbanization¸
    Immigration
    World conflagration
    League of Nations
    Suffrage extension
    Depression
    World conflagration
    Fission explosions
    United Nations
    Space exploration
    Assassinations
    Lunar excursions
    Resignation
    Computerization
    World Trade Organization
    Terrorism
    Internet expansion
    Reunification
    Dissolution
    World-Wide Web creation
    Composition
    Extrapolation

17. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

You don't have an answer to my question, do you?
    I know it, and you know it, yet you sincerely believe it to be a scienctific fact. That it contains mountains of scientific evidence. This is nothing more than an elaborate belief system.

Jan.

18. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Come on Jan, let's be honest..

When it comes down to it, you actually have no interest in finding out any answers. instead you think it is more pertinent to avoid any questions posed to you, by asking an irrelevant one in return - and many people are getting a bit put off by it, indeed realising that you do not care for an answer, and thus spending their time elsewhere.

On your latest post you even ask a question and then supply your own answer to it for the other person. As that is the case, why bother asking in the first place? You have decided what is and what isn't, so be happy with it. I would however ask that you not bother wasting our time by asking questions that you don't want an answer to, (other than your own), and refusing to answer anyone elses question, (unless you answer it for them - which you've done to several people here, including me).

Amazing to see this thread now on page 13 and you still haven't answered the one question I asked. If that does not point at your blatant refusal to get any answers, then I don't know what does. By page 10 or 11 I had realised you really didn't want to know, and so left you with the facts of the matter:

"Evolutionary Biologists define "microevolution" as evolution below the species level, and "macroevolution" as evolution at or above the species level. This means that according to the scientific definition of macroevolution, speciation events are macroevolution. Since speciation has been observed both in nature and in the laboratory, macroevolution does indeed happen."

Clearly you have no desire to go any further, but the above statement answers your question. There is nothing more that needs to be said.

19. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

www.google.com

Jan, the answers are there. Nobody is going to dig up research and write paragraphs of text for you to deny it before even reading. From what I have seen in this thread, you are basing what you know on macro evolution from what people are writing in this thread. You have not yet pasted quotes from respectable papers which you question, or shown any proof of reading up on the subject you show such spite for.

20. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

In essence Jan:
    Your debating style is transparent.
    Your refusal to engage in fruitful discussion is rude.
    Your inability to comprehend the scientific method is attributable to stubborness.
    Your self satisfied complaceny is quite unattractive.
    I could go on, but as I have noted before, you paint yourself as a thoroughly unattractive person. Snide, smug, self-righteous, devious, dishonest, even nasty: and these are your positive points. Goodbye.

21. Renrue Someone Registered Senior Member

Jan Ardena,
    Domesticated animals did not exist prior to human "domestication" of the animals. We know this because fossil and bones of animals using carbon dating and geological layering, show that there are no animals matching the traits of modern domesticated animals and all domesticated animals are dated to our time.

Even today we domesticate animals through observeable instances, such as breeding and artificial selection on farms. Through this, we know cats are domesticated from wild cats, perhaps maybe not tigers, but other felines.

I must ask you to research this. But for now, I will give you this link I got from KennyJC's link of Google: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/default.html#theorytobetested

There are more websites with this information, try Google and type: "scientific evidence evolution"

I believe he is confused because you constantly ask questions and pulling the debate past prior posts, which were full of interesting debating. Now, we just have you playing the clueless questioner.

Check above posts.

I hope you are satisfied now, Jan Ardena. If not, please, do some research. Use the power of the Google . It's why it's there!

[Renrue]

22. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Of course its transparent.
    I've nothing to hide.

An example please.

I understand the scientific method, what I don’t understand is why macroevol is a scientific FACT. Why don’t you explain it?

As is your inability to judge character, while at the same time avoiding my enquiries.

The truth of the matter is that you cannot explain why macroevol is a scientific FACT (like microevol), when asked in a straight-foreward manner.

KennyJC,

I have loads of information (more than you probably think) on this subject, including the “Talk origin…. 29 evidences of….”
    I have studied many debates, and been in many forums, regarding this subject.
    I am not asking you or anyone for any websites, or books to read. I am asking why you think it is a scientific fact. If you wish to cite some of the (so-called) evidences, I will be happy to discuss, otherwise I have no choice but to come to the conclusion that you have no mind of your own.

I am basically asking a simple question “why is macroevol a scientific fact.”
    Now can you answer that, or are you going to keep appealing to your authority?

Because I disagree with what I think is an elaborate belief system, you think I have spite for it?
    This is the same (type of) attitude you get from fundamentalists when they are backed into a corner.

Why can’t you answer my enquiry, directly?

Renrue,

Rather obvious I would have thought.

Questions?
    Clueless questioner?
    LOL!! That is very funny.
    I think he is confused because like some many gullible people, he took it for granted that the theory of evolution, although a fundamentally absurd idea, is a forgone conclusion. When in fact it is a theory in crisis, and full of holes, but yet is forced on the gullible mind, and sanctioned by the powers that be.

Do you think you can explain why it is a scientific fact, without appealing to your authorities?

Hope you all had a merry CHRIST…mas.
    Happy new year.

Jan.

23. Renrue Someone Registered Senior Member

Jan Ardena,
    Can you ask questions base on your own rationale even if you have not studied a field entirely?

Also, to conclude something is a scientific fact, I must use the scientific method and go through all the observations that has already been established. If I dedicate myself, then I will be able to; however, I do not have the time and rather use someone else's work. The reason they did it was to share.

In conclusion, yes, I can explain why it is a scientific fact if I spend my own resources and time. But, it is not necessary, other people have already labored through it and most of the work is approved by other people.

Back at you.

Now the real question is: "How can you refute the evidence that has been gathered by oh-so-many other people (You can start by visiting that link

)?"

[Renrue]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2006