Evolution, not a fact??????

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by john smith, Nov 23, 2005.

?

Do you belive in evoloution?

1. Definatly,Evolution is the only answer.

83.5%
  2. No, God is the creator of all things.

7.7%
  3. Undecided.

8.8%
  1. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

What planet are you living on? Are you aware one of the greediest nations in the world today is also one of the most religious (the US)?

Are you aware that secular nations are the least likely to start wars? It's a measurable fact that countries with high amounts of atheism (that isnt forced) are the most stable.

But this thread is about evolution, so I will not attempt to challenge you're ignorant view of the world in this thread anymore.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

In canada, schools teach evolution. There's large amount of atheist there just like Japan. What does this as to do with evolution anyway ?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

It is peculiar that a disporportionate number of (I shall be gentle) misguided persons who decry science persist in using its products to communicate their insanity around the planet and its understandings of biology to stave off illness and death.
    Evolution not a fact? Get a grip on reality children.

8. Anomalous Banned Banned

Whats stopping U from creating a new thread with more spice in it ?

9. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

There has already been a thread about it, and if you look through my posts I have explained it numerous times to each new fundie that arrives.

10. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

11. qwerty mob Deicidal Registered Senior Member

PHP:
    Do you belive in evoloution?

Put down the English language, and slowly back away...

:bugeye:

12. john smith Tongue in cheek Registered Senior Member

Well no one asked you specifically to enter the discussion, if you dont like it fair enough, but if you had read the reason for me to post such a thread you would see that it is not i that seeks to disprove evoloution, merely to find the motives of someone that would.

:m:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  13. Silas asimovbot Registered Senior Member

Quite good, Mythbuster. But is that cartoon pro- or anti-Creationism??

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Recently I caught an interesting episode of PBS' Frontine, "Country Boys", a multipart documentary following two boys from eastern Kentucky as they went through high school. The full program is available online, and I believe it is in the first part that we catch a glimpse inside the classroom. The teacher is teaching evolution, something to the effect that, "Now I personally don't hold with evolution because Jesus wasn't a monkey." I started to laugh, and then it struck me that for all the hillbilly, redneck, and farm circle-jerk jokes about places like eastern Kentucky, I had just viewed something very close to the origin of such bawdy and derogatory humor. No, I was not seeing a joke. This was "education", eastern Kentucky style.

To the other, if you would like a revealing look at the structure of "middle American" values, such as those vaunted in the 2004 general election, "Country Boys" will be an enlightening experience. Nonetheless, I sometimes think I will have a better chance of striking positive ground discussing peace in the Palestine with a conservative Iranian Muslim than winning decent consideration from "middle America".

And yet I also recently caught in the snowy parade of aerial-broadcast television a Christian ministry discussing evolution with two guests, and one of them reiterated the oft-abused notion that without "Intelligent Design", there is no basis for morality.

Consider the simplicity of such arguments. Without God, there is no basis for morality? Fine. Morality is a false assertion, then, a byproduct of theistic fantasy, much like perfluorooctanoic acid to Teflon. Or that "Jesus was not a monkey." Hey, even by young-earth creationism standards, we had about four-thousand years (two-thirds of the planet's existence) to evolve. Under no circumstances would Jesus be a monkey. He would have been at least neandertal, if not erectus.

Just remember that antievolutionary religionists are, much like antimodernist religionists, nearly impossible to communicate progressively with. In the end, the only way to answer the question, at least, by the "middle American" standard, is to never ask.

You just can't talk to some people. Even when they're crying because they feel ignored. After all, such ideology and behavior has the hallmarks of self-justifying paranoia, which is itself a prerequisite to any number of neuroses and psychoses.

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Yeah, boyeeeee!

United Press International carries a story today that churches in the U.S. are celebrating Darwin's birthday. And this is apparently a better stunt than beating the Easter Bunny to a pulp. Remember, not all of our Christian neighbors have their heads and bibles stuck up their ... er, yeah.

Happy Birthday, Charlie D. If only your theory could explain something like Flavor Flav in a beer commercial, then nobody would doubt it.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006