Evolution - Yes it DID bloody well happen!

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Adam, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

"whatsupyall
    11-25-02 11:24 PM This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

whatsupyall
    11-25-02 11:26 PM This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here] "

The world seems so much more sane when I can't see MM's useless rambling

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

took you long to realise

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Frencheneesz Amazing Member Registered Senior Member

Whatsupall:

You idiot, frikking incouragable idiot. Ill try to reason with you, I always get sucked into this. My ignore accidently messed up and I read you stupidity.

Have you seen ever human on earth? Then how do you know that MOST humans have ears?

Have we tested every bit of soil on earth? Then how do we know that MOST bits of soil are around 4.55 billion years old?

Both these questions involve inductive reasoning and both have sane ansewers. Try and answer the first one and you SHOULD (but I bet against that you) find the answer to the second.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

French, I've found that MM (whatsupyall) doesn't comprehend both logic and reason. It's best to keep the arguements you present to him as he does, in an "I SAID SO!! THAT MEANS IT'S TRUE!!" tone. I fear if you try to throw in logic or reason it just throws him off completely and causes him to go into denial. That's what I've found anyway.

8. Frencheneesz Amazing Member Registered Senior Member

Inspector:

"Inevitably, scientists will sometimes be just plain wrong because they make mistakes. Interpretation of evidence leaves room for error."

Scientists will never "be just plain wrong". Scientists will contintue to have the same average error that they always have had. It is quite hard for an erroneous theory to come into being because the amount of erroneous data needed to make it so would be preposterously high. Even if a bad theory was put into place, the theory simply wouldn't work and would eventually be corrected after people grow suspicious of why all their experiments based on the theory are going wrong.

ALSO, scientists never make "interpretations". Whenever a scientist has anything based on his opinion, he labels it such. A scientific hypothesis MUST have the possibility of error (in other words, it can not "beg the question"), so interpretations are not theories. Science can and will explain everything. If a god exists, he follows certain rules, and these, we can explain. Unless of course our kind and good god kills us all for trying to understand him....

9. Frencheneesz Amazing Member Registered Senior Member

Xelios:

Its not my fault! I didn't mean to read his idiocy. My computer failed to recognize he was blocked and I accidently thought I could convince him! I have since reblocked him. Itll never happen again!

10. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

*in his best God imitation*

It doth be ok my child, but thou must repent with 382 Hail Mary's, thou better geteth started!

----------------------
    --Xelios
    "Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is
    shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Albert Einstein

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clark

11. whatsupyall Banned Banned

hahahahahahaha, hahahahahaha, hahahahahaha...YOUR FUNNY. I am not the one who claimed that testing a small part of the land applies to the rest of the hundreds of thousands of acres on earth. I AM NOT THE ONE MAKING THIS CLAIM, ITS YOUR FELLOW ATHEISTS KIND, ITS RAITHERE, XELIOS, WHY DONT U TALK TO THEM... LOL, NOT ONLY I PROVED YOU ILLOGIC AND WRONG, BUT I ALSO PROVED THAT YOU ARE A FALSE ACCUSER, (SATAN IS THE FALSE ACCUSER, FATHER OF LIES)...ACCUSING ME WHEN I AM NOT THE ONE WHO MADE THIS CLAIM....

AGAIN I AM NOT THE ONE GENERALIZING, ITS YOUR OWN KIND, WHICH I AM NOT SURPRISED YOU ACCUSED ME...BECAUSE U OBVIOUSLY LOST THE ARGUMENT, FAIR AND SQUARE...

ADMIT IT FRENCHY, YOUR DONE....REPENT, OR BE STUPID FOREVER, YUR CHOICE....

12. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

It doth be ok my child, but thou must repent with 382 Hail Mary's, thou better geteth started!

Thats a catholic thing. Thats why I dont like them. They are all about punishment.

13. Frencheneesz Amazing Member Registered Senior Member

Whatsupall:

You are the stupidest person in existance. When I find someone stupider Ill call you up, then kill myself. I happened to have made those questions to prove YOU wrong you idiot. I agree with "my fellow atheists", although your prejudice is greatly depreciated.

If you ansewer both questions, you might find the answer... I will keep you blocked and Ill TRY not to read you fucking stupid PEICE OF SHIT useless irrational posts.

14. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

He thinks everyone else is stupid and he's the smart one. I believe they have some kind of medical term for this, schizofrenia comes to mind but I'm sure thats not it...

15. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

The term is "stupidity".

16. whatsupyall Banned Banned

I AM NOT THE ONE WHO MADE A FALSE CLAIM, SO WHY ARE U TRYING TO MAKE ME ANSWER THE QUESTION FOR YOU? I KNOW WHY, BECAUSE YOU CANT. THERE IS NO LOGICAL ANSWER TO THAT, I POSTED THAT FOR YOU TO PROVE THAT EARTH'S AGE NEEDS FAITH, THAT IS THE POINT, IF YOU THINK IT DOESNT NEED FAITH, THEN ANSWER THE QUESTION....LOL..

AND U CALL ME STUPID? YOU ARE THE STUPID ONE AND THOSE WHO AGREES WITH U....LOL.....

17. Zero Banned Banned

whatsupyall, oh Great Hero, Revered Saint, oh my personal hero, please bestow on this poor fool your great knowledge bestowed on you by the grace of your great great great god.

Explain to me just how the age of the earth needs faith? Is it not possible to prove it, or at least produce a plausible hypothesis which the scientific community agrees with? And keep in mind that the community will not let anything that is logically flawed or contrary to testable, physical evidence live as a scientific theory. Hence the demise of creationism.

And you atheists!! Be ashamed of yourselves, stop setting poor whatsup off into rages. He's suffered enough rage for his life. Naughty naughty naughty

There is no god, afterlife or divine love. There is only Entropy, the mother from which we were all born. She tugs our souls with the beautiful, maternal love of chaos. Why do you keep Her waiting?

-central philosophy of Zero, Sage of Chaos

18. Zero Banned Banned

And frencheneesz, swearing and yelling at people will only bolster the increasingly negative views people have of us atheists. So will ignoring them. Gimme a break, don't tell me your mental endurance is THAT low? Can't handle a few theists, eh? wimp wimp wimp

There is no god, afterlife or divine love. There is only Entropy, the mother from which we were all born. She tugs our souls with the beautiful, maternal love of chaos. Why do you keep Her waiting?

19. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

And I thought that I had turned into a raving maniac...

20. Frencheneesz Amazing Member Registered Senior Member

Whatsupall:

"I AM NOT THE ONE WHO MADE A FALSE CLAIM"

Well you made a claim and they made a claim. It is in neither of our powers to judge which claim is false. One can only convince the other.

"SO WHY ARE U TRYING TO MAKE ME ANSWER THE QUESTION FOR YOU? I KNOW WHY, BECAUSE YOU CANT."

Because I can't answer my own question? I will right now, although I would rather see your untarnished opinion on it which will be impossible once you read MY answer.

"Have you seen every human on earth? Then how do you know that MOST humans have ears? "

No I haven't seen every human on earth. I know most humans have ears by inductive reasoning, Most all humans I have seen have ears, therefore It is reasonably safe to assume that most humans have ears, unless of course more input is had, which it hasn't.

Have we tested every bit of soil on earth? Then how do we know that MOST bits of soil are around 4.55 billion years old?"

No, we haven't tested every bit of soil on earth. We know most bits of soil are around 4.55 billion years old by inducitive reasoning, most all bits of soil We have tested are around 4.55 billion years old, therefore it is reasonably safe to assume taht most bits of soil on earth are 4.55 billion years old.

I chose those two questions because You seemed to have different answers to them. They are questions which require the same answer (with just the replacement of a couple words). Parrallel questions require parallel answers.

"THERE IS NO LOGICAL ANSWER TO THAT"

What do you think the above is?

"IF YOU THINK IT DOESNT NEED FAITH, THEN ANSWER THE QUESTION....LOL.. "

Already done. I will admit that you could CALL assumptions faith, but they are at the very most at a different magnitude. Science works off of probabilities and "chance". Chance is something that science cannot predict with complete accuracy. Chance does not mean that something is completely random. For example, there is the CHANCE that you will never respond to this sentence. You might just skip over it or die before you get to respond or some other anamely might happen. This does not mean it is random, but it does mean that I cannot predict that you might skip over it, I have almost no way of knowing with certainty. Chance in science is simply uncertainty.
    SO, from our data, we can KNOW the probability that our results are just coincidence. There are certain processes to figure out how substantial our data is. Im guessing that the radiometric data testings substance is nowhere near 100%, but maybe around 70 or 80 % which is still excellent.

I hope you can understand most of that.

21. Zero Banned Banned

Whatsup, also remember that the assumptions which you call 'faith for atheists', can be corrected and modified any time some reproduceable and testable physical phenomena or anything that can be induced from it proves it otherwise.

There's no such system for religious faith. Once it is something it damn well stays that way for several k years.

Amen to frencheneez's last paragraph there.

22. whatsupyall Banned Banned

Wrong...few of the soil dates around 4.55 billion yrs old, FEW. Hundreds of test is like testing 100 lbs. of soil, not even an acre tested. THER ARE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF ACRES ON EARTH, AND WEIGH MILLIONS OF TONS..
    SO GET YOOUR WORDS STRAIGHT, THE RIGHT WORD IS "LESS THAN AN ACRE OF THE EARTH'S SOIL DATES BACK 4.55 BILLION YRS, AND THE REST OF THE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF ACRES DATE ARE SPECULATION AND GUESS"...INDEED BELIEVING SUCH SPECULATION IS CALLED FAITH....THATS NOT A FACT, BUT A SCIENTIFIC "THEORY"...PERIOD..

23. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Just ignore him French, he's not worth the effort