Excuses

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by FyreStar, Dec 21, 1999.

1. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Whammy,

That's Timothy 2:9-15, and yes, we've previously covered these and other "pearls of wisdom" from our dear friend, Paul. Thanks, anyway.

------------------
    www.indigenousrocks.com

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Searcher Registered Senior Member

TS,

I would like to point out that the various epistles of Paul, who was an apostle of Jesus Christ, are part of the New Testament.

------------------
    www.indigenousrocks.com

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Whammy Registered Member

Sorry about the "9" I meant to put 2, not the best typist in the world.

Truestory, I'm using the number one selling book of all time, " the King James Version of the Bible."

------------------
    Just got to have faith...
    .........in whatever you believe in!!!

[This message has been edited by Whammy (edited January 02, 2000).]

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Flash Registered Senior Member

Lori,
    You are only trying to get me to spill my guts so you can point a finger and say..see..see..see.. it's all-whatever the heck you choose to call it, Lori... You are not seeking truth from me via the Spirit..you are wanting to shoot it down..
    Gee..how dumb do you think I am? I have said
    enough which describes everything anyone would need to know. I'm not really sure what you are driving at exactly. That doesn't mean I want you to volunteer saying anything either... if you have something more to point out you can e-mail me..ok?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. truestory Registered Senior Member

Searcher,

Yeah, I think we've been through this before. Such matters were in response to the people's desire for discipline and order in the newly formed churches. Such answers were mainly given to satisfy the majority who already believed such things in accordance with the culture prevailing at the time.

In the final analysis it was made clear, however, that such rules for discipline within the church were not moral laws handed down by God, and that anyone who disagrees as such should not be turned away from the church.

Such teachings did not come from Jesus Christ. They came from the patriarchal human society existing at the time. They came from man.

9. Lori Registered Senior Member

Flash,

You mean shoot it down like you do when I explain the source of my beliefs? The Bible? What do you say about the Bible, and uh Jesus, which would be the very foundation of my beliefs? What are the foundation of your beliefs? Where's your proof?

Whammy,

We've covered this, and to date no one has had a problem with my interpretation that men and women are different yes. And throughout history I think that it's been apparent that women have been able to be submissive to men to the same degree to which men have been submissive to God. May I also point out that just as a woman is instructed to submit to her husband in marriage, she is also instructed to be ultimately obedient to God despite her husband's choices. Sorry ladies, we do not have that excuse, nor do I want it; I'm not that stupid. I would suggest that we always remember the ideal that we speak of and the difference between that and the reality that we live in. Women have the ultimate power according to God the way I see it. In that, she ultimately decides who gets to procreate and who doesn't. I think we've (I know I have) done a pretty lax job of that. If a man wants a woman to trust him that much and to have that much faith in him to marry him and to give to him that very heavy load of a responsibility in regard to her life and spirituality, then she has just as much of a responsibility that she chooses a husband for the right reasons, and chooses a man who is worthy, and is submissive to the Lord in everything, and who loves his wife as Jesus loves the Church, and who is pure in his love and committment and intentions. If the ideal would actually have ever, ever been realized (which is impossible for us at this time due to the fall of eve), then only those men who were perfect in the eyes of the Lord would ever get any.

------------------
    "Go Jesus, go! Go Jesus, go!"

I finally get to be the cheerleader that I always wanted to be but could not, as I was not a fluff chick.

10. truestory Registered Senior Member

Lori,

I hope you don't mind my saying... Sometimes you can be a riot!!!

You mean, you haven't found the "perfect" man yet???!!!

Maybe Whammy's the "one" for you?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Whammy Registered Member

The only reason I quoted Timothy was to see if I could get everybody going, as long as you hadn't talked about it before.
    So, sorry about the interruption.

T.S.,
    You never responded to my answer of your question about which bible I read. King James Version. Number one selling book in the history of the planet.

Oh, bye the way, I'm happlied married.

------------------
    Just got to have faith...
    .........in whatever you believe in!!!

[This message has been edited by Whammy (edited January 02, 2000).]

12. Flash Registered Senior Member

uh..I.. well.....

ok, ok... ya got me there...

Well... how has your activity been with God?
    Does he interact with you a lot? Has he gone out of his way and taken the time to talk with you? If so...how often?

Proof is in my heart and...