Experiment to test W=mg

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by Yaniv, Nov 2, 2017.

1. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Fat chance.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

And I have got any blue frogs yet
    I know how you feel

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RADII Registered Senior Member

Not at all. I've read this thread, & there is no compelling reason to undertake an experiment of unknown scope because you think it may overturn E=mc^2.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

There is no reason to do an experiment for which there is not first an established hypothesis. (Otherwise, we'd be testing if butterfly wings induce fusion, and whether rocks can write poetry.)
    Hypothesis must first have a plausible argument for why you think there should be different results than we expect.

Wait, when did it become a theory? So you have a formal, model for it, and have evidence that demonstrates its predictions?

8. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I wonder if Yaniv has left for another 6 year hibernation? Here's to hoping!

9. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Six years is a long gestation period for a silly idea? Maybe not

10. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  11. RADII Registered Senior Member

No, this is yet another desperate attempt of yours to get buy-in (@ someone else's expense) for your contrarian idea. Best filed elsewhere.

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Ah, I see someone there took care of this:

So, the experiment has already been run, and Yaniv's proposal has been disproven - at higher energy, the mass increases (albeit by a tiny amount... which makes sense, since energy isn't exactly a heavy thing).

So, that said... Yaniv, I think we can call your theory

RADII and exchemist like this.
  13. Yaniv Registered Member

Curving charged particles in a magnetic field is a completely different experiment to weighing a heated metal in vacuum. The use of E=mc2 to calculate mass of particles and conclude my experiment is irrelevant and unnecessary is scientific heresy and an abuse of the scientific method. In other words you so believe your physics is right that you are not interested in test your calculations against experiments. E=mc2 is only a theory, not a fact, and must be tested by many different types of experiments. #ResultsRequired

14. exchemist Valued Senior Member

See you in another six years.

[click]

15. RADII Registered Senior Member

Your 'theory' has now found its appropriate home. Your lack of understanding is not the fault of anyone else's unwillingness to pursue nonsense.

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Results are required, Yaniv... specifically, your results. Go test it, and see what happens.

Can't do it? Such a shame... don't expect others to do your homework for you.

RADII likes this.