Explain How-to Make Gak :(

Discussion in 'Chemistry' started by darksidZz, Apr 6, 2007.

1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Read this, then tell me what I need to make it. Where in the world do I get Borax?

GAK or Flubber is that stretchy, slimy substance that kids just love to play with! Made popular by the movie Flubber with Robin Williams, kids today love to put it into a plastic cup and push their fingers into it and make a "farting" noise. I know, I know...kind of gross but kids just love it!!! And now you can make some too!
    To make GAK you will need to gather up:

"Elmers" white glue (the regular school glue NOT the washable kind.)
    Borax (found in the laundry detergent section of a grocery store)
    Warm water
    Food colouring (optional)
    Make sure you make this recipe with your kids.....the whole process is magical and amazing!

In one bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups warm water and 2 cups of the elmers white glue. Add a drop or two of food colouring if you want to. Mix well!
    In another bowl, mix together 4 teaspoons borax and 1 1/3 cups warm water. Mix this until it is completely disolved.
    Pour the borax mixture into the glue mixture.
    Stir both mixtures together (you can use your hands!) and watch the magic begin!

Discard any leftover liquid that didn't get absorbed.

Special Notes:
    You can also make the recipe in a large Ziplock bag (you might want to fill the bag with water first to make sure that it doesn't have any holes!).

Making GAK can be messy, so make sure that you're prepared....it will NOT come out of carpet or clothing if it allowed to dry. Clean up spills immediately with warm water.

Make sure that you measure the quantities very carefully! If not properly measured, your GAK will not turn out.

Storage:
    Gak can be stored in ziplock bags or plastic containers with lids...like butter tubs.
    Will last for a very long time if sealed up with no air.

Important:
    Wash all containers with hot water.
    Avoid getting GAK in/on carpets or clothing....it will dry and NOT come out if allowed to dry
    If you get GAK on your clothes or in carpet...wash with warm water immediately.
    Not recommended for small children....although, if supervised small children can play with GAK if it's zipped up in a ziplock bag.

Interesting Facts:
    GAK is a kind of polymer. Polymers are the type of molecules that plastics are made of. If you wonder whether or not that is important, just take a look around the room you are sitting in right now and list all the different things that are made up of plastic (don’t forget to include the bottom of your sneakers!). Amazing isn’t it?
    Enjoy!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

make Love, not Gak

Anyways back in Russia I used to make Gak, its called: kauchuyuk, smells awful.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. leopold Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I needed multiple threads on it, Gaks so addictive for me

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. draqon Banned Banned

...addiction to drugs causes one to loose interest in natural things and loose attraction to...GIRLS

9. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Try any supermarket in the laundry/soap section. One common brand that's available all over North America is "20 Mule Team Borax." (And it's very cheap, too.)

10. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

11. Roman Banned Banned

I like sex with ladies. Very nice!

12. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

How old did you say you were ?

13. Asmara Registered Member

I have to wonder how old you are too. Not that it really matters. Kids... :bugeye:

Please DO NOT tell us what you do with GAK. I'm sure that would be TMI (too much information).

Again I say, have you tried phone sex ?

14. draqon Banned Banned

girls think sex is the only thing on guys mind, whereas this world wouldn't exist if that was the case. Thats why we got cities build by men and rocket in sPace.