Farewell, America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by douwd20, Nov 11, 2016.

1. ForrestDean Registered Senior Member

Well let me put it to you this way, and I know you probably won't agree because like the majority of mainstream society, people refuse to take responsibility. If humanity were to come to an end it will be completely and totally by choice, 100%

I always enjoy the following scene:

The End of Queen Mab

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

Mainstream society .

How to grow this , mainstream society , in intellect and spirit , is our greatest challenge ; for those who know better .

And there are many of us , that know better .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ForrestDean Registered Senior Member

Yep, it's a challenge to be sure, but that's what makes this world so fascinating and exciting. All this is just one big learning experience. As the population continues to increase, and we continue living the same lifestyle with the same mindset, the coming times ahead are going to be incredibly more challenging that will surely test the limits of humanity. But again, how we experience the coming times ahead will be completely by choice. The global society can choose to continue serving the self before others at the expense of all others and at the expense of everything else towards the path of inevitable self-destruction or we can choose to reconnect with each other serving others before self towards a global unification and world peace. The choice is ours.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I rather prefer the diversity we have. Possibly the worst outcome would be a unified world. I mean, it's been the dream of many despots throughout history.

8. river

Completely by choice ? I question this concept .

Choice can be manipulated by psychology .

The psychology of mainstream people is easy .

Through mainstream media .

Control information , control the psychology of the mainstream people .

9. river

Global unification ..... means world peace , does it ?

What of freedom though ; how does global unification make Humanity free , freer than we are now ?

10. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

WTF is 'freedom' but heralded as stupidity.

While I want to flourish as a community you can go off, live by yourself and get eaten by an f*ing bear.

11. Goliathus Registered Member

If Bernie won against Hillary im pretty sure he would have won against Trump. Most people didnt even vote because both choices are shit.

12. river

How kind of you

13. river

No disagreement here .

14. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Do you disagree?

Ideologically; bears scare me myself.

15. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

And, yeah, I'm mostly thinking about universal healthcare.

16. river

Why ?

17. ForrestDean Registered Senior Member

Definitely nothing wrong with diversity. It's very interesting to see how people perceive global unification as some communistic ideal or this "one world government" ruled by the elite to prevent people from being and believing in whatever they choose. This is just social programming, and is another effective mechanism of the System. What's so fascinating is that if we wanted to the entire global society could literally have world peace overnight if it chose to. But the global society is not ready for this kind of a major shift for obvious reasons - the ego and belief systems. Global unification, world peace and freedom would actually allow for much more diversity than we have now. Borders, walls, patriotism, "God bless America", "God save the Queen", etc. is a separatist attitude and a cancerous mindset. This feeling of being separate and disconnected from everyone and everything else is the reason our world is dominated by fear, and the reason why we're in the situation we're in now.

It's still a choice. We have allowed ourselves to be manipulated by the media. We actually demand and encourage that we be manipulated by the media. Even when we know the information is false we thrive on it's sensationalist presentation to satisfy our ego. How do you think the mainstream media came into existence? All our institutions are a reflection of society. They were all formed out of a necessity to meet the demands of society.

World peace is absolutely a choice. This is not a belief or an opinion, this is the absolute truth.

Are you saying that Humanity is free? You see, this is what is so fascinating about the awesome power of the System. In my opinion it's self-defense immune system is in some ways even more effective than the immune system of the human body. But overall it is infected with cancer. It's truly fascinating to sit back and observe how the global society moves and shapes itself, and repairs itself, and at the same time is on a path of inevitable self-destruction. There is no religion, no nation, no government, no leader that can compare to the power of the System. There is only one force that is infinitely more powerful than the System, but many refuse to embrace it or even acknowledge it. But with that being said, the System is still nothing more than a reflection of the individuals that comprise it. We have the power to transform the entire System, even smoothly and peacefully if we chose to.

"None are more enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." This could not be overstated, especially considering the condition of today's global society.

Again, all of this is just one big learning experience. Everything is playing out exactly the way it is supposed to. Our society may make it, it may not. I don't think it's something that should be feared, it should be embraced. This "end of the world" concept is reserved for those who are incapable of letting go of the old ways and embracing the new. What people consider as the "end of the world" I consider it as a transformation. Again, however peaceful or however destructive and catastrophic our society transforms into will be our choice.

18. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Were you free of your mother when you cried as a newborn, or, did she help you?

Are you against breast feeding in public places?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  19. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

But he lost.

Boy, that's really good thinking. And actually, most people, i.e. registered voters, did vote. Voter turnout was lower compared to previous elections, but we rarely have high voter turnouts.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

got cheated by the DNC and was actively sabotaged by the very people who were supposed to help represent him.

FTFY

21. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

It's difficult to see how the DNC actively sabotaged or materially damaged Bernie; although many people like to believe that was the case. Clinton had substantial advantages over Bernie. She had decades of friendships and alliances. That's not unfair. That's life. That's like me complaining about my congressman. He's an immoral lying sack of shit. But, hey, most of my neighbors voted for him. He has powerful supporters and donors, including the Koch family. That's why he is my congressman. That doesn't mean he and his supporters unfairly sabotaged his opponent. The same applies to Bernie and Hillary. My congressman's opponent by the way is my lawyer.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...st-damaging-things-in-the-dncs-leaked-emails/
    http://www.democracynow.org/2016/8/8/julian_assange_leaked_dnc_emails_shows
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/damaging-emails-dnc-wikileaks-dump/story?id=40852448
    There's much, much more, but I think that pretty well highlights the basics... the DNC was actively undermining him, rather than helping him campaign.

That, and, well, I think the fact that a large number of Dem's simply turned their backs on her shows just how reviled HRC was in this season... yet they still pushed her because... why? Oh, yeah... because she was more of the same and would have ensured the elite got to keep their place.

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Nothing unusual about the Democratic party helping the true Democrat. Bernie would not have culturally resonated with white America.