Farscape Premier Tonight

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Farscape has been widely hailed as the best scifi TV show, well, on TV right now. The show is known for moving really, really fast and it is not really catered for newbies to the series. It really is excellent, take it from me, and I want YOU-the person reading this, to turn to the scifi channel at 10PM tonight EST and watch the season premier. Here is the background:

John Crichton is an astronaut from earth, and while working on an experimental mathematical thingy he formulated he was shot through a wormhole, where he crashed into the brother of the demented Admiral Crais, who happened to be at the time head of the Peacekeepers-sort of like the Empire in star wars, but not as powerful.

He found his way to Moya-referred to as a leviathin, she is basically a living ship. There is a pilot that controls most of Moya's functions who is called none other than Pilot. There is D'Argo, a Luxan Warrior who is Crichtons friend and also prone to anger. He also has his own little fighter ship thingy.

Chianna, the white haired chick with light blue skin, is a slutty type who steals things and lies all the time. Rygel is the little puppet who flies around on a chair and was once emperor of the Hynerian..empire, but he was dethroned by his cousin and he seeks revenge. The red haired chick can scream and melt things, she was part of a sleeper convoy that was lost.

Hope this helps. I'll be back to add more but gtg now.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

This show is the best hour on TV. It's funny, filled with action, has Muppets, plot twists up the wazoo, a great relationship storyline (both romantic and friendships), and the biggest set of balls I've ever seen. They do things that are flipping crazy, successfully, and with bravado coming out their rear. I love this show. I thought the end to last season was an amazing piece of work, and think this season will be even better.

Can't wait. I know Kemper has huge things in store for us.

Peace.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

I love the show too, but in Australia it recieves no support from the TV networks. They play it now and then to fill time, and refuse to give it a regular timeslot. And Virginia Hey is cute.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

And she looks quite a bit different in
    Farscape than she did in Mad Max 2.

Peace.

8. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

I may be a werdo, but she looked HOT as the blue alien chick. She was a Bond girl too, Australia's only real supermodel prior to MacPherson.

9. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

WHAT BOND CHICK WAS SHE???

The last season finale was incredible--I really, really loved it, but I think that they didn't make the Peacekeeper command carrier's interior large enough, and at one point Scorpius stands in front of a staircase, when suddenly it bursts and water falls down. It was the biggest f*cking rip off of Titanic that I had ever seen and it really pissed me off. But when Moya suddenly disapeared into that wormhole I went frickin crazy, was like WHOA this show is AWSOME!!!

I don't know why everyone disses these australian actors though, I happen to think they are all pretty f*cking good. They actually made a computer game though but supposedly it sucks, I haven't seen any reviews yet.

10. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Virginia Hey played Rubavitch in The Living Daylights.

11. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Never seen that one. Was it good?

Edit to add: And yes she is hot, but I happen to think that Claudia Black looks very exotic, very...mmm...intoxicating. I for one want to see Tiassa's opinion on the subject.

12. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Not particularly good.

Back to Farscape...

Our Australian TV channels tend to buy shows about a year late, so it's cheaper. So we haven't seen much of this stuff you've mentioned. The last I saw was John going nuts and almost killing Aeryn, she fell from her fighter into an ice sea or something. I thought the relationship between Crichton and Scorpius was quite well done, with that brain-chip and all.

Claudia Black is quite groovy, and was also in the movie Pitch Black, which was filmed here.

13. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Sorry to ruin the surprise for you, then

Yes, Pitch Black was an awsome scifi movie, I believe she was 'dissolved' on the surface, wasn't she? I was disapointed to see that she wasn't as involved with the movie as Vin Diesel was, for example. That was the flick that launched his career I think.

14. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

In [I}Pitch Black[/I}, she was torn to pieces by a flock of tiny little bird-like critters, they ripped her in half and carried the top screaming up into the air... Nice gruesome death.

15. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

The only way to go.

16. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Someone who saw the premier last night clue me in. How did Crichton get back on Moya? I don't get it. How did Moya get so old? Anyone?

17. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Dude, sci fi is playing Event Horizon right now. One of my favorite movie.

18. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Virginia Hey was cast as Robavich, the girlfriend of General Puskin in The Living Daylights.

Peace.

19. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Yay! Farscape is on tonight! Rejoice! Rejoice!

20. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Ub that wasnt Moya. That was another Leviathan from the Leviathan graveyard. BTW that Leviathan and its Pilot are now dead, but some chick did survive, I forgot her name but Im sure that she will replace Jool (did I spell that right?) Or maybe stark will come back to replace her, Stark is cool.

21. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Yeah I finally realized that after watching a few more of the new episodes, that they weren't on moya. So if Crichton flew with his little ship thingy and found another leviathin, how did Rygel get there too? Or Chianna?

How did D'Argo and Jool get on that phreaky planet?

Even though I don't understand its origins at the moment, the new series is kicking serious ass.

22. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Pollux I do agree with you that the whole new season is kicking ass even if dont know where this "Granny woman" came from. Where did she come from?

For everything else:

Chianna was in a transport pod with Rygel at the time, at least I think thats what happend, I missed that episode to but thats what my mom told me...but she doesnt watch farscape that much...she gets it confused with ST sometimes.

Another valid question.....that I dont know the answer to.....why am I even talking if I dont know even know the answer! Some body PLEASE TELL US HOW THEY GOT ON THAT PLANET!

23. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Okay I just now remembered after one second of posting what I just said. They took D'Argo's ship.....duh! ::slaps self on forehead:: Sorry for being so retard.