Favorite band or musician?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by thecurly1, Jul 18, 2001.

1. BLASTOFF Registered Senior Member

QUEEN

Hi banshee thanks for your help i have looked all over and could not find it,i hope your son has better luck,and i agree with you that those were the days of my life was brilliant, also i love heaven for everyone, i have down loaded a lot of led zeplin.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. BLASTOFF Registered Senior Member

queen orge battle

Thanks oxygen got it, driving my son mad playing it all the time once again thanks.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Aces! Glad to have been of help.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

You were a great help Oxigen.

Again, thank you so much for the website. The more music I can download the better.

8. Hevene Registered Senior Member

Personally now, I'm really into Alison Kruass, she has a very special voice that just makes you listen to it over and over again.

9. iced_earth Anathematized Registered Senior Member

i'm a big metallica fan, but im i also enjoy my slayer, demons & wizards, megadeth and other kick arse metal acts

on my lighter side
    dave matthews is good
    and then the classical stuff to like mozart and beetoven find their plcaes in my collection , and also into my guitar playuing techneq <--spelt wrong i know

10. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

My favorite bands right now have to be Project Wyze (www.projectwyze.com) and Linkin Park (www.linkinparkinside.com).

Other bands I like include Limp Bizkit, Nickleback, Incubus, Blink 182 and Puddle of Mudd. Maybe a little techno too.

Current favorite songs (in no particular order):

Papercut (Linkin Park)
    Nothing's What it Seems (Project Wyze)
    Crushed-Bosko Remix (Limp Bizkit)
    Room to Breathe (Project Wyze)
    A Place for my Head (Linkin Park)
    Blurry (Puddle of Mudd)
    Counterfeit-Lethal Dose Remix (Limp Bizkit)

Yeah, I know, there's lots. And there's more too

BLASTOFF:
    but my kids are into this rock that you can not under stand what they are saying, things like limp biskit , slip knott , crap like that.

Well, I can't speak for slip knot, mainly because I think they suck

but I can understand Limp Bizkit about 98% of the time. Then again, I'm 17, maybe it's an adult thing

Bands I don't like:

-Michael Jackson *shudders* I watched the MJ special that was on a while ago, and I only got through one song before switching the channel. However, in that one song (which was about 4 minutes long) he touched his "special spot" 39 times and grabbed "it" 23 times (yes, I actually counted

) . I dunno, just not my kind of guy I guess

-Slipknot
    -Any of the Heavy Metal/Grunge/Thrash type stuff
    -Country music :bugeye:
    -Metallica (sorry to any big Metallica fans out there, I just can't stand them for some reason

)
    -The list goes on and on...

Last edited: Feb 4, 2002
  11. Tyr Registered Member

I'm from Iowa so I like Slipknot, as for my all time fav it would be Pantera. I also really like Jimmi Hendrix.

12. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Yeah...Limp Bizkit, Metallica...

Do like them too. A lot.

And what does age have to do with it? My son is 14 and likes those bands. I am 41 and still like the new Music, like Limp Bizkit, for instance. Even have a little c.d. by the Gorillaz. And what about Muse? Nice Music.

Metallica has wonderful Music, not all of it, a whole lot though. The Unforgiven, to mention one, is wonderful. And that is only one great, great song by Metallica.

Good to read there is another Jimi hendrix lover among us...

13. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

I hate Limp Bizkit as a band, well at least Fred Durst anyway, but their music is good. FD just screwes people over all the time, acts like a total a-hole most of the time and steals music to make his CD's. How do I know this you ask? Check out this thread on another forum I post on: http://forum.deviantart.com/190710

It tells all about how Limp Bizkit held a "tryout" for a new guitarist position they were offering, and how hundreds of people line up, played one of their own songs that they composed and then got screwed over. FD actually had them sign a release form prior to the audition that gave Limp Bizkit all legal rights to any music the auditioners played. After that, he cancelled the whole thing and walked off with hundreds of new guitar pieces for his use.

14. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

I didn't know FD was such an idiot.

Don't have a television at the moment and the last time I saw Limp Bizkit was 4 months ago. Thank you for the information, I immediately don't like them so much any more. If I hear such things done by a Band, my opinion changes.

Well, I love Pink Floyd most of all Music and got The Wall 'live' just yesterday. So I am a happy person right now.

I have some songs by Limp Bizkit on a c.d., like Boiler and My way, and that's about it. Now when I hear you telling me this, I'll listen to it in a different way. I really hate it when musicians act this way.

15. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

I couldn't believe it when I first saw it myself. I still like their music, but after reading that the little respect that was left for FD has gone.

Do you have their new CD? New old songs? They pulled off several good remixes. Especially Crushed (Bosko Remix).

16. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Haven't heard the album yet. I'll go hunt for it and try to burn the album from a friend or so.

I like the Music by Limp Bizkit, am not sure though if I want to buy it. There is a lot of other Music I want to have also. There I have to make a choice and I mostly try to get the albums first from a friend and burn them.

Downloading from the Internet gives a lot of problems.

Did you ever do it? How does it go when you try to download Music from the Internet?

Do you have any suggestions for a good download website? Should be very nice...

17. Tyr Registered Member

@ Banshee Try Audiogalaxy. I use it all the time and I have over 1000 songs on my hardrive. I don't view it as stealing or pirateing, its "borrowing" lmao.

18. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Tyr...

Thank you so much. I will certainly try it out. I'll get back to you with the results. Should be so nice to download some good Music to a disk. The websites we tried out don't work that well. Half of the songs there cannot be downloaded for one reason or another and there is not real good Music to be found there too. Thank you...

19. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Bah! x2!

Audiogalaxy is crappy. On top of it's suckiness, it deposits a nice piece of spyware onto your system that monitors your internet activity and sends it back to some server somewhere.

Morpheus is way better.

20. Teg Unknown Citizen Registered Senior Member

At the most I have heard of maybe one of those groups. That's not my taste. My current favorites:

Take Five (The Dave Brubeck Quartet)
    Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen)
    A Day in the Life (The Beatles)
    Riders on the Storm (The Doors)
    Starship Troopers (Yes)
    Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin)
    Classical Gas (Mason Williams and the Manheim Steamrolloers)

I have also been entranced lately by the most hated genre of Opera. "Le Donna E Mobile" in particular from Rigoletto.

I attempted to listen to some of the newer groups (Blink 182, Limp Bizkit), as well as the older styles that my friends prefer (Bad Religion, Metallica). I found all to often that the vocals are drowned by repetitive and very loud guitar riffs. At first I thought it an inferiority of the recording medium. Later I was informed that the style was intentional. Ah well, to each his own.

21. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Teg...

The Bands you name, like The Doors, Led Zeppelin and Yes, I've mentioned long ago in this thread. Guess you have to go back to the beginning then. I love that Music.

Do like a lot of newer Music too though. And Audiogalaxy has been explored and the satellite's been installed. Thanks for the tip Tyr. Downloaded some good songs from there.

Xelios, I've never heard of Morpheus, I will check that one out also. Thank you so much for the websites...

22. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Morpheus is by far the best right now. It lets you download any type of media, software, audio, video everything. It lets you download any quality too, right up to 512. Just go to downloads.cnet.com and scroll down a ways to the Most Popular list. Morpheus is right up there at #1 with a 91% approval rate (113,442 votes) and more than 48,258,823 downloads. Plus, no spyware like AG has.

It uses spiderweb downloading too, which means it downloads the file from many people at once which effectively combines the speed of all those connections.

Anyway, I feel like a TV ad, I'm gonna leave now..

23. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Although I hate being pinned to a favorite, much of my music appreciation comes from how it comes across in the club or concert scene. Right now, Kelly Joe Phelps is top of the pile. Out of the Pacific Northwest, he brings remarkable virtuosity to the slide guitar and acoustic guitar, and his original songs go well beyond the musical territory of the standard blues form.

If you’re interested and want to listen to some mp3s, a couple songs that would give you a flavor for this guy would be “Taylor John” and “Shine-Eyed Mister Zen”. If those peak your interest, I would ease into his CDs in the following order:

Shine-Eyed Mr. Zen
    Sky Like A Broken Clock (Xelios: drummer Billy Conway of Morphine plays on this one)
    Lead Me On
    Roll Away The Stone

He is still playing small venues, so it is a real treat to listen to him perform. Tour information and other details are at KellyJoePhelps.com.

Peace.