Feedback on forum software upgrade

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by MacGyver1968, Jul 12, 2012.

1. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

I pulled the following from the FAQ. Are you saying it no longer works like the FAQ says it does?

http://www.sciforums.com/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=delete post&titleandtext=1&match=all

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

@Wynn

Thanks that did the job. But you have to open the PM to see it. Well before you didn't have to open the PM to delete, all you had to do was check the box of the ones you wanted gone and then at the bottom right hand side of the page there was a delete button and it would delete all the checked PM"s. So now you have to open each one and delete it them individually, not bloody convenient.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

Found the old threads list by going to ..... http://www.sciforums.com/memberlist.php and just finding the person who I want to view their old posts from. Once you find your name your old posts are still there to read.

8. Gustav Banned Banned

that's just crazy
    my entire inbox has been spammed lucy's pm's

makes for interesting (in a loony kind of way) reading tho

9. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I am annoyed that when I click on "settings" to see if there has been any recent post in my active threads, I can no longer just click on "sciforums.com" in top left to see more general groups (as nothing is there where it was before) even those that are not active. To do that now I must open some post that got listed by my clicking on "setting" and then the old "sciforums.com :{a forum} : {a thread} + this post" appears. Openning posts can take even a minute with my ISP in Brazil.

This is a terrible change with the new system that I must look at post I have already read, have no more interest in, wait for it to down load, just to get to what was always available in the old system.

SUMMARY: STILL ON BALANCE, IMHO, THE OLD SYSTEM WAS BETTER, much better.

I hope this night mare is just some "user test" that will be trash canned soon. Can anyone tell even one thing that is better from the typical user´s POV? I admit some IT jocks may like its new tools etc. but you are going to lose a lot of common Joes like me who don´t know much about IT. We need something simple we can use without raising our blood pressure in annoyance!

Anyone have an idea how much it would cost to start a new forum or subdivision of this one, which had policy that ignorant idiots get only two posts before being baned by 2/3 majority vote of the "clean up the forum" moderators group?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2012
  10. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

If you're trying to get back to the front page, either click on the logo in the top left corner, or click on the word "Forum" just below it. Either works.

11. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Go to the list of messages, tick the ones you want to delete, scroll down to the button "Selected Messages", click it, and from the drop-down menu select what you want to do with them.

12. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Thanks Wynn. I hope they're paying you for this.

13. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Thanks. - that works.

I´m still wondering what is better for typical poster who does not know much about IT. Many things of the old do still exist now that color is not lost when quoted, etc. but they are less intutitive procedures than BC (before change).

14. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

In this instance, as with the quote thing you commented on earlier, it's exactly the same as it was under the old system. Clicking on the logo has always taken you back to the front page.

15. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

To see all threads follow the following steps:

Select (Settings)

Then Select (General Settings)

Then move down until you find (Default Thread Age Cut Off:)

You may specify a time period from which to display threads. Threads older than the age you specify will not be shown.

Select drop down menu (Show all threads)

16. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

The color of the date showing the post's being posted should be changed. Right now it is white and really hard to distinguish from the light grey background. So I look at the post, seeing the hour as let's say this morning, respond to it, just to find out that the post was actually posted like 2 weeks ago, in the morning....

17. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Not a chance.

*- Edit - might be the making (or breaking) of this place if they did, generally speaking?

18. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

No good deed remains unpunished!

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Hey, the max size of the avatars was raised to 100x100 pixels!

THANK YOU!
    :yay::bravo::worship:

20. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

I think someone mentioned that many posts ago.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

To bad the avatars can't be a tad bigger than 100x100 pixels. Like maybe 125x125 p's

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That's a good size, I just wish the max kbs were raised too, 19.5 kb is too small. How about at least 50kb?

23. Balerion Banned Banned

Still need to change the color of the post date.