Film/Movie Recommendations

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Omega133, Aug 13, 2010.

1. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Do you ever watch TV series? I got hooked when I watched 24 the first time. I never saw that program while it was on TV. Then I watched 11 seasons as fast as I could. If you are familiar with that series you know how intense each episode is. I had over a month of the most intense TV watching I've ever had.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Was watching MTV this morning while doing 2 miles on the treadmill, and one of the characters played by Mark Wahlberg said,

"I watch a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing"

Well it got my attention and I thought about it briefly and then came to the conclusion that it's right, I do know what I'm doing.

[video=youtube;FDgOj_OmP3o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FDgOj_OmP3o[/video]

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Actually, aside from sports, I really don't watch TV at all.

I do watch Netflix though... And occasionally, Utube...

Aside from that, I either read, or listen to music.

Or, just play my guitars, or drums... I love music. TV isn't my thing, for the most part.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

You made the statement that you watch Netflix everyday. Each episode is only one hour and you can watch at your own speed with no commercials and they can compete very well with movies. Even though the number of movies seems endless, the ones you might care to watch do start getting harder to find as the years go by. So mixing in a few very good TV series gives you another resource to add to your movie watching.

8. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

OK... Ya got me thinking. I'll check out 24, later tonight.

I'll let ya know what I think tomorrow.

It better not suck, dammit... Lol.

9. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

If you like non-stop intense action, you won't be disappointed. Next be sure and start with the first episode of the first season.

10. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

I'm gonna check it out in an hour or two... If it sucks, gonna hunt you down. : )

11. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

The Netflix write up. Each episode is one hour in the life of Jack Bauer and each season is only 24 hours. This is the series that made Kiefer Sutherland. (You will be amazed by how much can happen in one hour) and I often wondered if any one human could really suffer that much stress and keep going.

12. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I thought that was one of the best shows ever on TV. In a class with "Breaking Bad."

13. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

I've been thinking of watching Breaking Bad via Netflix DVD's from the first episode to the last episode at my own speed with no commercials. It's amazing how different you experience it when you don't have to wait a week to see only one episode at a time. And then there's always weeks where you miss your show for whatever reason.

14. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

If it's even close, to breaking bad, I'll be a happy man...

15. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

I liked it much better than Breaking Bad. But then I really like intense nail bitters like 24.

16. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Gremmie

It sounds like you use Netflix streaming to watch movies. At some time I might switch to that, however you still have more movie selections via DVD at Netflix, so I am not ready to switch yet. I normally get 6 DVD's/week, but holidays and Post Office screw ups cut into that number a bit. Before I started getting DVD's in the mail, I never had any idea how often the PO screws up, after all who cares if a bill or some junk mail comes a day or two late. But I am notified online when to expect my DVD's, so I get very irritated when my DVD's don't show up on time. And that happens several times every year.

I pay the same monthly fee whether I get 24 DVD's per month or not. If I only get 3 DVD's in a week instead of 6, I can not make them up, I'm just out those 3 DVD's for the month. They charge me about $24.00 a month, so even if I only get 21 DVD's in a month it's still worth it. Sure beats paying for movie channels on cable or satellite TV, where you might be lucky to see 2 or 3 movies you might want to watch per month.

17. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

I love Netflix... I have it on my TV, and cellphone.
    Aside from sports, I never watch regular TV... I stick to DVD,s or Netflix. I hate commercials.

And, for only eight bucks a month, ya just can't beat it...

18. Balerion Banned Banned

Breaking Bad is one of the top five television shows ever made. But it is topped--quite easily, in my opinion--by True Detective.

If you missed it, un-miss it.

19. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Never heard of it... If it's on Netflix, I'll check it out.

20. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

The review below was written by a Netflix customer. I will put it in my Netflix queue. Thanks Balerion

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Don't waste your money on Divergence.

Don't waste your time with Transcendence.

Do see Captain America and the Winter Soldier.

I saw all three over the weekend and this is whatI thought of these movies.

22. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

breaking bad is on Netflix streaming, my daughter got into that show, we would watch episode after episode,
    right now we are in a 'House' marathon, that's the only prob with Netflix, with us addicts, we tend to watch em all out so now we don't know which show to marathon next.

23. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

When I watched 24 for the first time I had no idea that it would demand so much of my attention. Each DVD comes with 4 episodes and I got 3 DVD's 12 episodes of 24 all at once. Since I want to turn the DVD's over as fast as possible and get them back in the mail the next day I watched 12 hours of 24 that first day with every single episode more intense than the last. I was a complete basket case just before bed time. After that I started mixing regular movies in with my 24 DVD's so I could cut back on the intensity a bit. But I still smile big when I remember that day.

I heard they are starting that series back up again with more seasons planned. I can hardly wait.