Film/Movie Recommendations

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Omega133, Aug 13, 2010.

1. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

I obviously didn't need to look, but the character below has some very interesting abilities.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Toward the end when Racoon was all sad an holdin a piece of him... i figered one of his tears woud fall on that splinter of Root Groot an some "magic" woud hapen... but i was wrong

But he sure was a Azz-kicker while he was alive.!!!

It was fun watchin this trailer agan.!!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I just watched the pilot of the new tv show "iZombie".!!!

If you like funy cute girl zombies this show just might be for you.!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

I too watched that pilot TV show and also liked it. It was quite surprising because I normally hate any zombie movie. Not even sure why I watched it, but I seem to remember being hard up for something to watch at that time.

8. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

If i had a stack of movies to watch... the ones that said zombie on 'em woud be at the botom... but this tv zombie show is Zombie-lite... kinda like "Zombie Boyfriend - Warm Bodies" which i also liked.!!!

It had the sweet feel of Buffy in The Vampire Slayer... an also like Buffy... she kicked Azz like a girl when the goin got tuff... a decent dramatic story line kinda like "Psych" (cable tv show)... an her 2 buddies--especialy the detective shes helpin... are likeable.!!!
    Im lookin forward to the next show... i hope it keeps up wit the pilot an it stays good for at least a season or two.!!!

9. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

If it's good then it will undoubtedly get cancelled prematurely! Not that I'm still bitter that Firefly only had 1 season.

10. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

I really liked Firefly too, as a matter of fact I've watched that one season at least 3 times now. There's probably something online somewhere about why the series was cancelled.

11. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

If were talking about movies I never seem to get tired of watching. The 4 Tremors movies are my #1 watch it again movies. I've seen all of them at least 6 times and some of the up to 10 times. I'm not even sure why I like watching them so often as they aren't the best movies I've seen.

12. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I just watched Firefly - Episode 1 - Serenity on youtube.!!!
    Includin the music... it kinda reminded me of "Deadwood"... anuther show that ended before its time

Grate show... Firefly surly wasnt promoted very good... lookin forward to more episodes on youtube.!!!

13. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Firefly was probably my favourite series of recent times, along with Game of Thrones and Sherlock (the BBC version, although the US series "Elementary" isn't too shabby).
    Firefly was the closest thing to Blake's 7 for the modern era. And Blake's 7 was simply... brilliant... in a wobbly set, cheap props, zero budget sort of way.

14. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I saw at least the first one an i remember likin it... kind of a glued to the tv effect... never knowin who or when the next person was gonna get sucked below ground.!!!

15. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

just saw home. it was hilarious

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I enjoyed Firefly the movie version but that TV series really sucked and it was on for only a few episodes for one season. I'm thankful they got rid of it because everyone I talked to about it thought it sucked as well. If it was made better then it might have a chance but for what they made for TV they really missed the target and most people agree with me about that.

17. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

18. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I plan to see that next weekend.
    This weekend I finally saw "InterStellar"
    Quite impressed with it and the science in particular.......even mentioning tidal gravity effects with regards to BHs.
    an 8.5 out of 10.
    My all time favourite Sci/Fi was of course "2001: A Space Odyssey"
    a 9.7 out of 10.
    Probably have seen it at least 50 times, and 4 times in the first 6 months of its release in 1968, in a continuing effort to try and understand it totally.
    Then I read the book!

and saw the movie another 3 times in the next 12 months.
    Other of my favourite Sci/Fi movies were "Contact", "Mission to Mars" "Forbidden Planet" most of the Star Trek movies and "The Day the earth Stood Still" [with Forbidden Planet and The Day the Earth stood still, I speak of the the early 50s releases.]
    Non Sci/Fi movies I liked a lot....
    Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, "Casablanca" "The Longest Day" "Gone With the Wind"

19. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

Oh, good! I'll watch that one next.
    I've never seen "The Longest Day". I have a friend who was there. He just celebrated his 90th. I'll have to try to find it.
    Thanks!

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

The longest day was released in 1963? from memory.
    It gives a good run down on D-Day from both sides and has a myriad of the top actors of the day including John Wayne, Robert Mitchum, Sean Connery, Henry Fonda and Richard Burton among many more.

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Well worth it. It's coverings of legitimate mind blowing scientific concepts such as BH tidal gravitation, BHs, worm holes, QG, and Time Dilation, makes it a much see.
    On second thoughts, I'll change my 8.5 out of 10, to an 8.9 out of 10!

22. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Just watched Netflix's new TV series and I liked it enough to watch all 13 episodes in 2 days. If you watched the Daredevil movie and liked it you will like the first season series also. I am already looking forward to season 2.

23. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Last Stand
    Arnie plays an ex-SWAT type LA cop who has "retired" to become sheriff of a backwater town, wanting the quiet life.
    Only an escaped convict and his friends are heading his way in an attempt to get over the border to Mexico.
    Can he stop them?
    Well, it's an Arnie film, so the odds are high!

Not a bad film at all - but it's all done by the numbers.
    6.5/10