Film/Movie Recommendations

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Omega133, Aug 13, 2010.

1. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I will admit... Arrival quickly built up to very interestin an held strong... until the 4th act when it went down hill into a nuthin-burger soap opera.!!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

I liked Wonder Woman.

cluelusshusbund likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Guardians Of The Galaxy 2

The best news:::

About half as good as the original... which still makes it watchable.!!!

The sad news:::

To bad stickin in Kurt Russell an Sylvester Stalone did nuthin to make Guardians Grate Agan.!!!

Racoon an Groot stole what little ther was to steal of this half-azzed atempt at a part 2.!!!

As for the rest of the characters... the fondness you had for 'em in the original was totally squeegeed out by the end of this whizz-bang-battles --- love-thy-enemy tear-fest.!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

8. superstring01 Moderator

Wonder Woman was a good film. I found the story to be a little "meh", but that's okay. I was worried that the character (whom I love) was going to be disrespected. In the end, this film was a passionate homage to Richard Donner's "Superman" (1979) and a nod to all the great comic versions of Wonder Woman over the years. It was perfection in that regard (despite having a "by the numbers" story). The greatest part of the movie was that it told a true heroes journey and self-discovery in the maelstrom of chaos. She had to grapple with her idealism being shattered, but remained true to her core passion (love and justice) and wavered for just a moment then determined to never yield. So many stories show the superhero being deconstructed (i.e. the Nolan "Batman" and the Snyder "Man of Steel"). In this, we saw an unstoppable, unmovable force of love and compassion who had to change her world view but not her core self. That was why I liked it.

9. Baldeee Registered Senior Member

Few films I have seen recently:

12 Years a Slave - cinematography was great.
    Free State of Jones - good film, well acted by McConaughey - and interesting story about part of the civil war you don't often hear about (if at all).
    Inferno - 3rd film about Dan Brown's academic hero after DaVinci Code and Angels & Demons. Pretty rubbish, predictable and seemed Hank was almost doing it out of obligation.
    The Martian - never read the book but the film is good... scratches all the nerd spots.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Seconded.