Film/Movie Recommendations

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Omega133, Aug 13, 2010.

1. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

A little silly a little long... nuthin particularly memorable about it... but the actin an story was good enuff that i didnt miss a second of it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I give it a 4/10.!!!

Just watched Galaxy Quest an i liked it.!!!
    No big belly laffs but lots of chuckles along the way... the semi-star cast blended well together an it had a very satisfyin endin.!!!

I give it a 5/10.!!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. birch Valued Senior Member

blade runner 2049 has a 8.5 rating on imdb. i've read the reviews and wonder if they saw another film. i don't know where the 185 million budget went. it had too slow pacing for no content resulting in boredom that you didn't care anymore and especially for the characters which were less than one-dimensional if that's even possible, lots of not so appealing or mundane visuals/cinematography except for a couple shots, bad acting and especially everyone was mis-cast except for the token appearances by former blade runner cast. a subpar artsy-fartsy snoozefest.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

https://smile.amazon.com/Fantastic-Planet-Criterion-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B01D2995BK/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1507678595&sr=1-2&keywords=fantastic planet

"Nothing else has ever looked or felt like director René Laloux s animated marvel Fantastic Planet, a politically minded and visually inventive work of science fiction. The film is set on a distant planet called Ygam, where enslaved humans (Oms) are the playthings of giant blue natives (Draags). After Terr, kept as a pet since infancy, escapes from his gigantic child captor, he is swept up by a band of radical fellow Oms who are resisting the Draags oppression and violence. With its eerie, coolly surreal cutout animation by Roland Topor; brilliant psychedelic jazz score by Alain Goraguer; and wondrous creatures and landscapes, this Cannes-awarded 1973 counterculture classic is a perennially compelling statement against conformity and violence."

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

8. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Did you like the first one?

9. birch Valued Senior Member

yes

10. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Oh.

11. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Yeah, I don't get the formatting on this forum.

12. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

13. river

Hmmm....

The movie , Hidden Figures .

Terrific movie .

Gawdzilla Sama likes this.
  14. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    cluelusshusbund likes this.
  15. river

You are the man !!!

16. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I finaly saw it an now have a review:::

It had it all... the obligatory repiticious/borin fight scenes whare the 2 super powers knocked each other the length of a foot ball field wit little ill effect... but it also included a good Wonder Woman an the childhood story about how she came to be... plus good action scenes at the beginin wit her sord shield bow an arm bands.

The movie was about an hour to long but i give the 70 minutes i liked a 7/10

17. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

So, you went to see a Superhero movie, and were disappointed by the abundance of Superhero scenes.

18. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Loved that one. The satisfied look on Dorothy Vaughn's face when she was introduced to the white women as their supervisor was sweet. Not vindictive, triumphant.

19. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

O... so its called "Superhero scenes"... yes... they SUCK

I also wasnt a fan of the kryptonite episodes in the original Superman tv series... i liked the other episodes whare he was challenged but not near death... an used his brains an brawn to defeat the bad guys.!!!

One of the reasons i liked "The Mask" (wit Jim Carry) so much is that his super power always worked to perfection.!!!

20. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

21. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

22. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

23. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

^^^