Film/Movie Recommendations

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Omega133, Aug 13, 2010.

1. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

not to mention all most all the actors were has-beens who played 80's action heroes

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2010
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

I want to see let me in

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spanglo Registered Senior Member

I recommend against watching Repo Men - 3/10 Good action/fight scenes, flimsy plot, so so acting, and a soundtrack that failed its attempt to be spectacular. I couldn't get into the first half of the movie at all (weak story), and second half ended up being entertainingly bad.

Prince of Persia - 5/10 if you generally dislike cute, cheesy Disney movies than stay away. I found the movie very entertaining and much better than I had anticipated. Or maybe it just seemed good because I had just finished watching Repo Men...

Get Him to The Greek - 6.5/10 Funny, nice cast, some memorable scenes.

Walk Hard The Dewey Cox Story - 9/10 re-watched the film this weekend... even better the second time around. Packed with talented performances.

Mr Nobody - 9/10 Wow, a very creative film with lots of style. Looks and sounds great. An interesting and complex story that will challenge you. I hate to give away any details, but this film is tailored for the SF community.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. IamJoseph Banned Banned

Yes, Hal had the top secret data of the monolith beakoning from the moon and Jupiter. But this does not explain why Hal mal-functioned. I suspect this was caused by the aliens - they already planted the monolith to draw humans to Jupiter. The spaceship was bound for the moon - the malfunction pulled it to Jupiter. Hal was innocent here.

Also, what do you think was the agenda of the aliens and what does the embryo in the final frames represent?

8. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I caught Fantastic Mr. Fox a couple of days ago. I'm normally not a big fan of "family" movies, but this was just a delightful little movie. Definitely worth a watch, especially if you have kids.

9. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

10. spanglo Registered Senior Member

+1
    An entertaining film.

11. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

So you judge movies not by how entertaining they are, but by what other movies the "actions" have been in?

12. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I think he meant to say "actors" and I'll correct that. "Has-beens" refers to people, not actions.

13. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i watched "office space" again last night. what a classic!

also a particular fave of mine is "waiting". if you've ever worked in the food service industry it's so dead-on what it's really like and hilarious. and if you are a restaurant patron, you NEED to watch this movie, just so you know...don't fuck with the people who are handling your food. hee hee (no really).

14. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

well when the people involved are all to old and out of shape to play action heroes in an action movie you better believe it. I'm not going to watch a movie stared by people who were never that great of actors to begin with.

15. razordude ouch. Registered Senior Member

Marmaduke is a hilarious all out comedy worth seeing if your into comedy. Greatfor all ages.

16. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

My wife and I watched Kick-Ass today, just for the hell of it. It was a really cool movie. One of the few movies so good that even Nicholas Cage couldn't ruin it.

17. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

You obviously haven't seen the movie or any of the people involved. It's true that most of them had their heydays in the 80s and early 90s, but not all of them. Jason Statham and Jet Li - two of the four main good guys - are both currently popular actors. And they clearly weren't out of shape. Stallone and Lundgren probably have better physiques than a lot of people half their respective ages.

18. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Just watched this on your recommendation...wow. Unlike anything I've ever seen before. It's a movie about the choices we make in life...and as one critic wrote "wonderfully confusing."

19. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Just saw Red.

wow

I was quite happily surprised. A very enjoyable flick.

Bonus for me: it was filmed all around where I live, so, it was fun picking out all the locations.

20. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

recently, i've watched "the box", which was very entertaining. not what i expected at all. i liked it.

i also saw "hereafter", and i thought it was ok. my husband liked it alot, but with all the hype and matt damon, and clint eastwood, and steven spielberg involved, i expected a little more.

21. spanglo Registered Senior Member

Grown Ups - 2/10 although I honestly only watched half the movie before turning it off. Normally I find Adam Sandler movies funny and charming, but not Grown Ups.

Toy Story 3 - 9/10 nuff said.

22. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

How to Train Your Dragon - 9/10 98% on Rotten Tomatoes. Awesome.

23. brillo1 Registered Member

Check this out

For movie idea check out this site 'supaswap dot info' you can swap old watched movies out for free with other members