Final Fantasy VIII - best game ever

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by JBrentonK, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Best game ever: UFO - Enemy Unknown - the 90's original, before it went all flashy graphics. It was the perfect blend of base-building, research, turn-based squad stuff, economics, more turn-based squad stuff, and getting your entire team wiped out on the ramp down from your craft. Ah, those were the days, my friends. Those were the days.

Recently I'd have to say Dragon Age (the first one), and Bethesda's single-player offerings of Skyrim/Fallout series.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Equinox Registered Senior Member

Monkey Island 1 & 2 are the best games I have ever played - I don't think any other game has managed to make me laugh as long or as hard.

I liked (and still like) Final Fantasy 7 - although I find it's melodrama over the top (Spoiler alert(!) I didn't find the 'flower lady' dying as spectacularly tear terking as most people) - and Sephiroth was a 'cookie cutter' villain that you could (probably far better written) in and D&D/Fantasy novel. I definitely would not rate it any where near 'best game ever'. As for FF8 - it was Ok - but forgettable.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.