Finding Salvation

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Pipes75, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Pipes75 Registered Senior Member

Why do you need to know everyone to love and respect them?
    Are you not capable of loving freely?
    Do you not see all of us are equals?

Their are many different forms of love. You just don't understand what free love is yet.
    As for Respect, your view is a view shared by many, but if respect has to be earned, does that give us the right to disrespect strangers?
    We all deserve respect, we all need respect, and when respect is not given, disrespect can cause some to do some horrible things.

Not really.
    Freedom and Chaos have always went hand in hand. That's why some are against the extreme form of freedom, because of the chaos it could cause.
    Unity and Control also go hand in hand. That's why some are against the extreme form of unity, because of the control factor.
    We do live in Controlled Chaos.
    Free Unity is an alternative way of staying balanced but working together to make a better place for everyone. I already live by it, but it was not my idea.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

My apologies.
    I assumed you'd understand the meaning of the phrase "illustrating a point".
    Evidently I was mistaken.

Except that, as shown, you do judge. I think what you mean is that you don't condemn.

You still don't know you have a soul. You believe you do.

Why do we need to respect others' beliefs? If a belief is simply stupid, or harmful, or plain wrong why should it be respected?
    Wouldn't educating someone to give them "better" beliefs be a more rational and prudent course?
    And I notice it's changed from "respect the person regardless of belief" to "respect the (right of) belief".
    Incidentally what "right" do people have to belief whatever they wish?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pipes75 Registered Senior Member

I disagree. Even the most horrific things are done with good intentions from misguided perceptions of a belief. People don't purposely do things with bad intentions, but some people do think they know what is best, and they don't always respect and love others on their quest.
    But we are not in any position to be judgemental of others.
    If their was Love and Respect for all, our beliefs would not cause the horrors that our perceptions sometimes leads our beliefs into.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Because unless I know them I don't know if they are deserving of love and respect.

Of course not: as =illustrated by the fact that I actually know people who I can neither love nor respect.

In what way are we all equals? Have you won any Nobel prizes? Olympic Gold medals? Earned a million dollars a year? Written a best-selling novel? Have I?

Or, more specifically, I don't even understand the concept of it.

Did I say disrespect at any time?
    Nope. I'll listen to people (without disrespecting them) until they give sufficient evidence to warrant respect OR disrespect.

Why do we deserve it?
    Disrespect can cause some to do horrible things? As in "I only killed those people because I didn't get the respect I deserve" sort of thing? I'd guess there are more complex reasons for people doing horrible things.

Assumption.

Once again, these are your definitions...

8. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i think you're missing the point though. the experience is just for the individual. it's not meant to be corroborated or interpreted by anyone else. that's the whole point. it's supposed to be personal.

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

No I'm not missing the point.
    You are taking your own personal explanation of the phenomenon (whatever it was) as THE actual explanation.
    Which is not necessarily correct.
    And since the experience was entirely(?) subjective then it's highly unlikely that that is the case.

10. Pipes75 Registered Senior Member

I don't know why I keep trying with you. You obviously don't listen to anything said, you just look for places to attack. LOL.
    I have explained the difference between judging and assuming many times, I am not gonna keep doing it for you. You can choose to believe whatever you wish, but don't try to pretend you know what I am capable of. I don't judge anyone, I try to understand, so when I am missing knowledge, I make assumptions, but I am not afraid of making mistakes, so I don't presume all my assumptions are accurate the first time.

Actually, I know. But I don't always need physical evidence to find truth, so if you still believe you need evidence to find truth, then you probably don't know for yourself yet. My soul is inside me, it's a part of me, it's very real, and it gives me more compassion that I thought was possible.

This shows me that you still don't see the difference in what believing in something is as opposed to the actions people take because of their own perceptions of the belief.
    No belief is stupid, harmful, or wrong.
    Our perceptions of our beliefs can cause some actions that are undesirable, but the belief itself is not to blame.
    Educating in what, Love and Respect I hope?
    If we had Love and Respect, their would be no problem with any of our beliefs.

What right does anyone have to tell someone they don't have the right to believe in something?
    You are still confused on what a belief actually is as was evident in your first post.
    Beliefs are in something.
    Our perceptions of the belief is not the same as the belief itself.

11. Pipes75 Registered Senior Member

So you think you have the right to judge someone before you decide if they deserve Love and Respect?
    If that's the case, we might as well agree to disagree right now, cause I'll never agree with that kind of a view. You and me are at very different stages of our journey's, and I respect your right to choose your own way. Afterall, I use to judge things way too often myself.

I find this hard to believe. Maybe you know people that have made mistakes, we all make mistakes. But to not be able to love and respect someone because of their mistakes does not help the situation, it only makes things worse.

Are you kidding?
    If you really think these trivia things makes us not equal, then damn we are so far apart I'm not sure if I'll be able to get any of this through to you!
    We are all trying to do what we see as best. It doesn't matter what accomplishments or recognition we gain on the way.
    All equals - I don't think anyone is 'better' then me, nor do I think I am 'better' then anyone else.

No doubt. I'm beginning to see that now.

When respect is not given, some take it as a form of disrespect.

It does get much more complicated. But the disrespect can easily lead to horrible things, especially when the disrespect is coming at something a person has strong belief in.
    Why do we deserve Love and Respect - you ask this so much, you must be lost. Why, because we are all a part of this world. Because we all are alive. Because we all want a better place for our children to live. Because we are all learning as we go, and just trying to make the most of it.

And no, the unity and freedom stuff is not my own deffinitions. They are what can possibly come from unity and freedom when we look for the best out of both and we don't use the complete extreme of either.

12. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

And I quoted the definition of judging, which showed that YOUR definition is a purely personal one.

Yet you still come down to a decision: by making a judgement call.

No you don't.

Um, you stated "belief" not "how they behave due to their beliefs".

Blatantly false: How about I believe that drinking acid won't harm me? Or I believe that I'm qualified to offer advice on what is safe to drink and what isn't?

Wrong again.

Into holding rational and correct beliefs.

That's a belief, still to be shown as valid.

Did I say there was a right?

Nope. You still have to show that what you call a perception of a belief is not a belief.

Or against something, or...

Your own personal definitions again?

13. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Nope.
    I simply don't believe that people are due respect and love automatically.

So you're assuming I don't respect them because they make mistakes?

So answer my question: how are we all equal? In what way?

It doesn't matter?
    It didn't matter that Jack the Ripper murdered women because he was doing what he thought was right?

And?
    They have faulty perception.

And you still have to explain why all beliefs should be respected.

Another assumption on your part.
    And you still haven't offered the vaguest reason, you just dance round giving one.

Like cancer? Do you respect that?

Jack the Ripper, Adolf Hitler, lying politicians etc etc...

Okay, link and/ or source please, so I can read up further on the concept.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  14. -ND- Human Prototype Registered Senior Member

Show me facts that we were apes. Sure it does. They are trying to find out how the first human being came about. If they can find out ( or make up lies and evidence) then they will prove once and for all God does not exist and they will prove how the first human came about. They don't know how the first human came about and they never will, simply because we did not come from apes. (God forgive these foolish minds)

15. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Fetch my slippers.!!!

Man learnin how to create life woudnt disprove a "creator" so you'r conspiracy theory ant even necesary to protect you'r "God"... lol.!!!

See... all thats necesary is a closed-mind to protect you'r "God".!!!

Does God forgive foolish minds.???

16. -ND- Human Prototype Registered Senior Member

It is not an interpretation, it is the truth. You denying it the truth does not make it go away. You just think it does. (foolish)

Funny, you say that now, you answered them with ease. Good excuse, keep coming dig your grave deeper.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  17. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

lol

You couldn't find truth if you had the appropriate table.
    And just for the record, saying something is true doesn't make it so.
    Kind of like your deity.

Try argument and justification some time.

Answering a silly question is easy.

Correct. Which implies nothing but that they each believe in fantasy.

How sad that you can't even follow a simple discussion.

-ND-,

I'm not sure what your agenda is here, though it seems to be little beyond proselytization.
    I would suggest that you look into learning how to make your position clear, and to formulate an argument if this is the case. As it stands now, even the grammatically challenged cluelusshusband is making more sense than you.

18. -ND- Human Prototype Registered Senior Member

Lol, it is not protection. It is the truth. Theories are not facts as far as I am concerned or anyone in their right mind. You telling me God does not exist and me telling you God exist could cancel each other out for lack of evidence.

What do you benefit from proving that we came from monkeys?

What do you benefit from proving that we came from God?

I'm sorry but I don't see how you atheists make logical decisions, least to say more complex decisions involving someone other than yourselves.

19. -ND- Human Prototype Registered Senior Member

Your mind is kaputt.

20. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Theories are made up of facts... but i get-it... you reject the scientific method when the results disagree wit you'r beleifs.!!!

I didnt tell you God does not esist... you'r the 1 makin a clame that God esists... you'r the 1 wit-out verifiable evidence.!!!

I cant "prove" anythang... but graspin the concept of the evoluton of man is fasinatin.!!!

If ther was evidence that you'r God esisted... much less created all that is... that woud also be fasinatin.!!!

You'r jus pontin out somptin else you dont understan... but i dont see how pleedin such ignerence is helpin you'r argument.???

You never did answr... what is the purpos of hell.???

An... does you'r God forgive fools.???

21. -ND- Human Prototype Registered Senior Member

Lol, what ignorant folk you are. If you prove we came from monkeys nothing happens. Zero, nothing, everything will be exactly as it was and as it is.

If we prove God exists, that is the ultimate anything in this whole world. There is nothing Greater and nothing more exciting. Everything around you will never ever be the same. Do you understand that?

I told you what the purpose was. Hell is a place for wrong doing folk, not because of God but because of their own actions. Punishment is the main idea.

Does God forgive fools? Yes and no. He forgives unintentional foolishness. He does not forgive intentional foolishness. If you know better and you decide to do worse, you will not be forgiven or it will count against you. You know better and share the better, you will receive honor from God. Eventually you will end up on one side. Good or Evil. Clear enough?

22. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Poor humans.

23. -ND- Human Prototype Registered Senior Member

Je concur.