Firefox 3.5.6 sucks

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by wynn, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Mabuse Percipient Thaumaturgist Registered Senior Member

Okay, you're more on the outright dense side?

Read slooooowly, and caaarefully.

Man the internet can be entertaining.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Indeed.

I've always found the idiotic response of abuse, particularly in written form, to be quite hilarious.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. imwithid Registered Member

It is not my intent to take sides, but Mr. Mabuse is correct to some extent in saying that over time Windows (in my experience, 95, 98, XP and Vista) over time and subject to software updates and software installations/removals tends to become "bogged" down.

I generally undergo an annual format and reinstall to keep my system at peak performance. It's like undergoing the usual maintenance on a car. One generally changes their oil regularly. Formatting and reinstalling is good practice and forces one to keep their files in good order and backed up.

I currently use XP Professional x64 edition (XP Pro 32 bit edition on my laptop) and it is the first operating system that I had not had to reinstall on a regular basis. In the last three years that I had been running this system, I have only had to reinstall it once to correct the SATA driver issue that was bogging down my boot up.

I run a dual boot system with Ubuntu as the other OS. Although very stable becomes mired in its own problems after multiple kernel updates and subject to its own bugs but improving significantly at every major release.

Regarding the OPs topic, have you tried Opera? I've found that although Firefox is quite good, I've come to prefer Opera more. The mouse gestures make browsing extremely quick and I can increase or decrease fonts without greatly increasing system resource usage. I'll grant it thought that some plug-ins don't work well but it's a nice light browser.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Try Firefox 3.6.

8. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I had chrashes with FF. 2 weeks ago before the new version 3.6 I think came out there was an update and after that FF kept crashing no matter what. It got solved only with the installment of the newer version. I am not even sure the update was from Mozilla...

9. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

I've upgraded to 3.6 beta very stable and some good new functions as well, I'm impressed.

10. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

yeah FINALLY they added that little plus sign next to the tabs to easy and quick tabbing. Opera had that for 3-4 years....

11. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Maybe this was the cause of the crashes:

"Microsoft were caught earlier this year silently installing a “.NET Framework Assistant” plugin into Firefox, which could not initially be uninstalled. After some pressure from the press, Microsoft relented and provided an update to enable the uninstall button. That update then broke a number of other Firefox extensions."

12. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Well, my FF problems had mysteriously disappeared a couple of weeks back ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.