FL Dems: KILL RUMSFELD!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by thecurly1, Apr 13, 2004.

1. thecurly1 Registered Senior Member

http://www.drudgereport.com/stp.gif

The story from Drudge:

"The call-to-arms fundraising ad, placed by the St. Petersburg Democratic Club in the current issue of the GABBER, a local St. Petersburg paper, asks readers to make an urgent donation to the John Kerry campaign.

Club Vice President Edna McCall told the DRUDGE REPORT Tuesday morning: "We want to get our country back. In Iraq, we're in deep trouble. If we don't try to get this situation cleared up, we are finished."

When asked if the ad was a challenge to inflict violence on Rumsfeld, McCall explained: "'Pull the trigger' means let Rumsfeld know where we stand, not to shoot him!"

"We are getting raped, and they are planning to steal the election again."

McCall said her club is in direct contact with John Kerry campaign.

"We're all working together."

Assassinate an acting politician? Much less the Secretary of Defense when we're at war??????!?!!!!!!

I would have the Federal government open an investigation against these people who are trying to inflame violence, political assassination against an officer of the Federal government.

How's a lengthy jail sentence sound St. Pete Dem Party?

Some parts of the left have lost their fucking minds....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

Wow, took out an add in a newspaper and everything. These guys must be big-time, as the very credible drudge report seems to tell us. How could such a big-time Pro Kerri organization, who is so outspokenly promoting violence in an unambiguous way become so main stream? I guess it goes to show that those liberals are wacky.

Oh... no, wait, this St. Petersburg club are nothing, and the drudge report is a rag for the unwashed unthinking conservative puppy dogs, and they like to do things, like quote liberals and try to spin the context (not particularly well in this case) into something that serves thier own agenda. But good work thecurly1, uncritical minds who can only think in terms of propaganda and rhetoric are sorely needed in this nation to keep big business up, minorities down, and the military industrial complex pumping out bombs.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

The left will always find a reason to label a war 'unjustified'.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Wait, we're still at war? What ever happened to "Mission Accomplished"? Hey or at least an end too "Major combat operations". Oops, Guess ol' Bush jumped the gun on that one didn't he?

EDIT: Uh oh, I just said Bush and gun in the same sentence. . . maybe I'm up to something! Just what am I trying to advocate?! This is a travesty.

8. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Especially when it's fought on false pretexts because our president lied to us! Hurray America! Go GOP! Lets go get more countries with funny names. The less of a threat they pose to us the better, I say! After all if we don’t have any intelligence that shows they’re planning to do us harm, that just means that they’re being extra sneaky about hiding it and we need to act with that much more speed!

9. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

Yes, like WWII or Kosovo. It just happens that you have made this war oh so easy to label as unjustified, what with the complete collapse of any reasonable justification. But go ahaid, try to do some revisionist history, tell me we didn't go in because Saddam had piles and piles of nasty WMDs. Or be an optimist "I'm sure they are just burried in the sand... sure!"

I also like how you put unjustified in quotes, as if any violence undertaken by our nation must be inherently just, and hence the concept of injustice cannot apply to it.

10. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

We could have the Chinese invading California and you guys would be screaming for 'peace'.
    And how exactly was Kosovo justified? Why didnt the Europeans take care of it. Its their problem.

11. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Wait a minuet, first you say war is justifiable, but now it's not? You're just flip flopping all over on the issues, aren't you? How about you pick a position and stick with it! That's the problem with you conservatives, you're all over the place!

Ohhh so now we're supposed to just sit around and wait for the Europeans? Haven't you got any decency? I mean, if we didn't go into Iraq solely for the WMD, then wasn't it because we really had to get Saddam out of power, because he was a really awful guy? Well Milosevic (sp?) was a really awful guy himself, committing genocide in fact! If we can get rid of Saddam for being a lousy ruler, why not him?

Get your story straight Crazy151drinker! You don't seem to know whether you're coming or going! What's the matter, wasn't any of this on the list of speaking points the white-house faxed you this morning?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2004
  12. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

Wow, I guess you proved your point that we liberals are the ones who label a war unjust hm?

Also, I'm intrigued by your in-depth analytical assertion that liberals wouldn't want to do anything if China was invading California. I'm sure you have some excellent data to back this up instead of just the desire to post something baseless and inflammatory

13. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

Ahhh! Kosevo!

Acutally I can justify Kosevo

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

My Kosevo coment is more about you!
    You sit here and bash Iraq, what about Kosevo! I dont rememeber anyone protesting that?? Please tell me how YOU found Kosevo justified? They had NO WMD, they were not a threat to the U.S. etc...etc.. and yet no-one protested. Explain.

14. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

About the Chinese invasion.

Do you think the Liberal civilain popualtion could do anything? They dont own guns and they hate the Military. Surrender time.....

15. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Were you living under a rock at the time? Conservative pendants the media over were raising an awful stink about the whole thing! "We're not the world's police men!" they shouted. Why it's just all a distraction to keep our attention away form the fact that ol' Slick Willy got head in the oval office! It's remarkable how quickly they changed their tune when Bush decided we should invade a harmless nation.

Well, so long as we're proposing utterly ridiculous fantasy scenarios where we get to dictate other people's likely action based upon our own horribly eschewed prejudices, then I say that all of the liberals would escape in environmentally safe rocket ships to colonize Mars while all of the conservatives die of heart attacks and die quite embarrassingly in every engagement with the Chinese.(their cardio vascular systems having been damaged greatly by years and years of eating nothing but fatty red meat steaks). Photos of fat dead conservatives laying on the ground wearing forest cammo fatigues in the middle of a god damned desert, and everyone will have such a good laugh over the whole thing that everyone will realize how silly war is anyway and we'll all live together in harmony!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2004
  16. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

Heyuck heyuck, guess you shure dun tol me clem.

Kosovo is different from Iraq in a few ways

1. Compare the US body count in Kosovo to that of Iraq. (Hint Kosovo=0)
    2. Compare reasons for getting involved (Genocide in Europe, vs. ... ... ... what? WMDs that didn’t exist? Terrorist links that weren’t there?)
    3. World support because we didn't care about killing Milosivic and taking over his government, but instead about stoping his war crimes and putting him on trial for them.
    4. No military occupation of a conqured land
    5. Did I mention we had real reasons for going into Kosovo?

Also, there was huge rabid opposition to Kosovo from the republicans (rabid is just how they do things) remember "We are not the worlds police man!"

17. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

I dont remember anyone blocking the streets of San Francisco. Maybe I missed the all the anti-war marches.......
    I guess I was under a rock when all the conservatives had massive rallies and burned the flag. So once again, how was 'slick willy' justified in Kosevo and why didnt you protest?

18. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

See the above statement from the moose.

19. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

1) Ok so body count alone justifies wars. Ok, WWI and WWII were not justified.
    2) Ok so the genocide of the Kurds and the continued attempt to obtain WMD didnt matter.
    3) We only had the 'Worlds' (READ EUROPE) support because they didnt want to do it.
    4) No military Occupation of Kosevo?? Hello! We are still there!
    5) No reason that wouldnt apply to Iraq.

Hmmm and wasnt this the exact same president who didnt do anything in Rwanda and let 800,000 die?
    You say that Kosevo was justifed because there was Genocide and yet Rwanda wanst justified? What a bunch of BS.

20. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

I am still waiting for the Left to explain why it was ok to go into Kosevo but not Rwanda. I am still waiting for the left to explain why there were no protests when 800,00 Rwandias were getting slaughtered.

21. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

Actually, I think I had 4 other reasons as well, so the whole "Body count alone" thing is your hang up

Continued attempts to obtain WMD eh? I must have missed when that happened. The strongest I’ve heard of that is that the Bush administration has said some things to the affect that, well its ok that we took him out because he COULD have tried to obtain them in the future.

As for genocide of the Kurds, I don't seem to recall that ever being sited as a justification by the president. Also, I have reason to believe that you would have supported it if you were an Iraqi, after all, when Iraq was at war with Iran the Kurds were helping Iran. And we all know how insensitive you conservatives are to people who you label traitors. And heck, you call responsible political opposition traitorous, imagine how you would loose your top if there were real traitors!

yeah, lets beat our chests and howl like monkeys about our big superior American cocks, right? Those whiny losers don't want to get into their own wars just because if they do it through NATO (like NATO was designed for) they get the help of the largest military force in the world. What babies, they should be more willing to die themselves, right especially when they can have the US's help and take no casualties at all.

check that. Who is in charge of Kosovo?

Except that there was no case to go into Iraq and there was a decent one to go into Kosovo. Just that little point.

22. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

Yeah, I still remember when all the Republicans were just chomping at the bit to go into Rwanda and we wouldn’t let them. That was crazy, wasn’t it?

23. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Nope, body count alone doesn't justify wars, and that's why it was not the only reason given. However it's far better to fight a war with a noble purpose where no one dies than a vague "war on terror" where hundreds of our men and women are dieing for absolutely nothing.

Genocide of the Kurds? You mean when he tested the chemical weapons that Regan sold him on them? Not quite genocide, an awful awful thing to happen, but not genocide.

I'd remind you that it was a Nato Peace Keeping force that went in there to clear things up, not just the US.

We're still in France and Germany as well! And at least the Kosevaris are polite hosts, they aren't killing our men and women by the scores!

That what wouldn't apply to Iraq?