Fleshing Out Wave-Particle Duality in the ISU

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by quantum_wave, Jul 29, 2015.

1. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

General Relativity is not part of the Infinite Spongy Universe Model of cosmology, mainly for the reason mentioned below. But with due respect to Einstein, if the step by step, bottom up evolution of my model hadn't lead to the ISU model, my layman level interest in cosmology might have lead to me elaborating on the mechanics of the BBT scenario. I would have based it on observations like the redshift data, and the Cosmic Microwave background, and the theories of curved spacetime, geodesics, and cataclysm generated gravitational waves. Simple mechanics could be stated to acknowledge that the presence of matter curves spacetime, and the curvature of spacetime means there are geodesics that determine the path of objects from point A to point B, and the interruption of objects following geodesics causes ripples in spacetime.

BBT depicts a universe that goes through a series of changes in state, is finite, expanding, expansion is accelerating, and unless there are interruptions in the paths of objects following their geodesics, there is no gravity, as such. In the case of interrupted geodesics, BBT calls for gravitational waves, which are depicted as dents or ripples in spacetime because when they encounter particles or objects, those ripples cause, in layman terms, a detectible jerk or jostle, a shape shift, in the objects they encounter. That ripple will warp the object it encounters, causing it to shorten and then lengthen along an axis in line with the incoming GR gravitational energy wave, and to be sure, should also shorten and then lengthen a laser beam as well, which would set off Ligo's alarms to record a "hit" for the gravitational wave detector.

By if you subscribe to BBT, you must imagine a beginning that was something akin to a zero volume infinitely dense point-space, or point of space, erupting out of a singularity, some say out of nothingness, into a hot dense ball of energy, which leads to inflation, matter formation, stars and galaxies, and galactic structure, leading to what we currently see filling our Hubble view.

That scenario is compatible the General Theory of Relativity, which from that start, mathematically quantifies spacetime, matter, and the geodesics that objects follow from point A to point B through curved spacetime. But everything changes if instead, the universe is infinite and eternal, a multiple Big Bang arena landscape, as is the Infinite Spongy Universe Model (ISU), that doesn't depend of something from a Singularity.

GR doesn't work in that scenario because it requires a particular scenario around the beginning that doesn't make scientific sense, i.e. the explanation for the existence of the universe that one must conclude from the BBT scenario is the "something from nothing" explanation for the existence of the universe. What is that about, is it magic or Supernatural, or randomness out of nothingness? The ISU conclusion is that the universe has always existed, no magic, no creation, no random fluctuations where there is nothing to fluctuate to start with ... so I went down the "always existed" path instead.

(1195)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

Here is a video that does a good job of explaining gravitational waves, and the Ligo experiments:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

The Defeat of Entropy in the Infinite Spongy Universe Model (ISU)

Entropy, in my layman level cosmological usage of the term, centers around the concept of useful energy, which in particular, is energy configured in environments that are hospitable to life, like on planets whose orbits are within a narrow, life producing/hosting range from their stars. Such environments have the elements and potential to generate, evolve, and sustain life. Entropy is measured as a change in the useful, life sustaining energy configurations. Very low entropy environments are too hot and dense be hospitable, but as entropy increases in those environments, they can become hospitable, permitting a period of life generation and evolution.

Unfortunately, as entropy continues to increase, the life hosting ability diminishes, and unless there is a natural process that reverses the progress of entropy, it will become complete, or absolute; no life can be generated or hosted as entropy nears completion. Fortunately, in the ISU model, big bang arena action across the landscape of the greater universe defeats entropy.

As useful energy is consumed in Big Bang theory, the change is always in the direction of an increase, meaning that though life hosting environments appear, there is a continual decline in the ability of those environments to sustain life. Big Bang Theory predicts no natural universal scale process that reverses the progress of entropy, and so the GR based theory, by default, holds a stark prediction called the heat death of the universe that features the end of life sustainability in the universe.

In the ISU, the universe is an infinite Big Bang arena landscape, not composed of just one Big Bang from an unexplained Singularity, but instead, features big bang arena action. Multiple big bang arenas defeat entropy by continually producing new low entropy environments. As arenas expand, they overlap and share their old cold galactic material in the accumulation of big crunches that form at the center of gravity of the arena overlap spaces. Such crunches grow to "critical capacity" and collapse/bang into new, low entropy arenas. The formation of a new arena features a burst of energy into expansion, and new expanding arenas are virtually certain to begin producing those environments that are hospitable to the generation, evolution, and sustenance of life. The presence of life, like the ISU itself, has always existed in the perpetually produced life hosting environments.

(1249)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

What Evidence? If you evaluate what we see from the ISU perspective ...

What evidence is there of a multiple Big Bang universe? Think about it; two parent expanding arenas in the same neighborhood naturally expand into each other's space, thus intersecting and overlapping. They are likely to be of different ages, i.e. maybe billions of years difference since they individually banged. That means that they are likely to have slightly different cosmic microwave background temperatures, right? If so, and if they produce a new Big Crunch, the new bursting Big Crunch energy ball will immediately expand/inflate right out into the space occupied by the parent arenas, thus encompassing the existing backgrounds of each parent arena, thermally heated by the new arenas billions of degrees energy ball. The parent arena on one side will have one temperature, and the parent arena on the other side will be slightly higher or lower. The result would be, as the new arena cools and expands into the parent's space, a hemispherical anisotropy in the background temperature, or a dipole temperature difference of a measurable amount will occur.
    Hemispherical dipoles

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And what other evidence of a multiple Big Bang universe can you think of? What about the dark matter that lurks around out here that seems to weigh down the arms of spiral galaxies? Think old cold galactic matter from the parent arenas, and even from previous generations of arenas, that gets encompassed into the new expanding arena as it inflates into space that has been occupied eternally by a history of Big Bang arena action. Wouldn't such "dark" matter be lurking around out there, waiting and ready to become mixed and merged with the new low entropy energy of the new expanding arenas, and though it is essentially inert, or at least not radiating electromagnetically, such as cold cinders and rocks, it is still there gravitationally, and will still influence the way galaxies form and act amongst the galactic structure that forms in the new arena.
    What old cold matter is out there waiting to become part of each new arena?

Is there anything else you can think of that might be a hint of evidence for a multiple Big Bang arena landscape? What about the fact that light at microwave frequencies, i.e. as if deep space was thermalized to a black body background radiating microwave energy, "coming from all directions", at all points; not just here in our observable universe, but everywhere no matter where you are in the landscape of the greater universe. An infinite history of the homogeneity and isotropy of the CMBR, not just in one Big Bang arena, but in, throughout, and beyond every arena. Would't it be exactly like that if the universe was infinite, and there was an eternal history of Big Bang events that have thermally aged down to a couple of degrees K in all space across the active Big Bang arena landscape?

(1294)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  8. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

The ISU seems to be onto something. Put it this way: Big Bang Theory, with its unscientific "Singularity" and "something from nothing" beginning scenario isn't as elegant as the Infinite Spongy Universe (ISU) Model with its unscientific "always existed", Infinite and Eternal Self-perpetuating Multiple Big Bang Arena Landscape Model. In addition to that, the many comparisons I have made here between BBT and the ISU, show that from my layman viewpoint, the ISU comes across as more complete and internally consistent.

Infinite Spongy Universe Images from a Google search.

(1318)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  9. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

It is quite elegant to have a cosmological model that predicts the recurring and perpetual generation and evolution of intelligent, self-aware individuals, in hospitable environments, that are continually provided by Big Bang arena action across the infinite arena landscape of the greater universe. That is what is predicted by the ISU Model.

It is not elegant at all to find the "heat death" and end of all life on the agenda of dire predictions posited by Big Bang Theory.

Of course, the ISU has its own band and cheerleaders ... Oops, wait ... that's the wrong ISU.

(1356)

10. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

I say it is elegant (though no one else gives me that, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) to have a reasonable and responsible model of cosmology that predicts that life has always existed, and will always exist, across the multiple Big Bang arena landscape of the greater universe, and at the same time, from a layman perspective, improves on the standard Big Bang Theory cosmology in many ways.

There is another aspect of the ISU that has some elegance too, if I may say so myself. Lately I've been referring frequently to Big Bang arena action across the landscape of the greater universe. In the ISU model there is a sameness between arena action across the macro landscape, and quantum action that governs the presence of particles and gravity in the micro realm. The mechanics of those two processes are essentially the same, but on vastly different scales.

(1370)

11. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

My last post claimed elegance in the sameness of processes at the macro and micro levels of order, but a vastness in the scale differences between the two.

What am I comparing here? It starts with comparing the big crunches that occur during arena action vs. the high energy density wave intersections that occur during quantum action.

How are they the same? I discuss the sameness from the perspective of a concept of wave energy density, so that is where the sameness discussion begins.

What is wave energy density? In the Infinite Spongy Universe (ISU) model, all there is physically to the universe is the medium of space and waves that carry energy through the medium of space. The medium and waves in it have always existed. Everything else can be reduced down to wave action. For example, wave energy is conserved, and particles are composed of standing wave convergences. If a standing wave particle's presence is interrupted, the product always contains the same amount of wave energy broken down into different configurations of particles and waves. The amount of wave energy in a give volume of space defines the energy density in that space; it is always fluctuating as waves pass through it.

Hence, "Fleshing out wave-particle duality", the title of this thread, can be thought of a discussion of everything physically present in the universe.

(1383)

12. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

All wave energy traversing the medium of space originates in an action process. The two major natural action processes in the ISU model are quantum action at the micro level, and arena action at the macro level.

Within the framework of arena action, which features a perpetual landscape of on-going expanding big bangs, there are arena convergences. As arenas expand they encroach into each other's space, and in the overlap spaces, out of the old cold galactic material of each of the parent arenas, there forms a big crunch. The crunches collapse/bang, and each new Big Bang initiates a new expanding Big Bang arena.

Within the arenas, and throughout the arena action process, there exists the ongoing quantum action at the micro level. The quantum action process establishes the presence of particles in the newly expanding and cooling arenas, and as particles form, quantum action brings with it quantum gravity.

The mechanics are such that quantum action produces particles that form during Big Bang arena expansion. As the wave energy density of the arena declines there are certain phases of density-controlled standing wave configurations, each with its associated exotic particles. The phases start from the extreme "dense state" wave energy pattern which emerges from the collapse/bang, and which is referred to as the "arena particle". Rapid expansion produces the next round of particles which emerge out of the decay of the arena particle as continued cooling and wave energy density decline occurs.

The expanded states are where the declining wave energy density accommodates smaller segments as the dense state arena particle decays. The ongoing decay accommodates the forming of smaller standing wave patterns, and those smaller standing wave patterns then themselves decay to produce still smaller segments of standing waves, until stable configurations of standing waves form that are no longer dense enough to decay in the maturing arena environment. Those are the fundamental particles that make up what we now observe in the universe, and out of which the atoms and molecules of galactic and planetary structure form. Those surviving stable particles participate in the life hosting phases of the expanding arenas.

Renewal Amid Decay

I'm claiming elegance in the infinite history of the process of ISU arena action, and in the process of arena maturity, that perpetuates the generation and evolution of life, and always has, in the ISU.

(1467)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  13. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

The Philosophy of the ISU Cosmology

The complete cosmology, by the layman definition I use, addresses concepts like the beginning, ending, and the physical mechanics of the major action processes. When thinking along the lines of a "complete" cosmology, it comes naturally to me to contemplate the philosophical landscape as well as the cosmological landscape.

The philosophical implications of the ISU model, from a layman perspective, center on its main axioms and predictions; a universe that is infinite, eternal, has a sameness of physics, that defeats entropy, and that provides for the perpetual hosting of life. Perpetual life hosting features the continual availability of hospitable environments across the continually renewing arena landscape. That means that naturally there is the generation of life, and the evolution of life forms of higher and higher capabilities, that thrive through contributions made by self-aware, intelligent, contemplative, free-willed individuals.

To be continued ...

(1509)

14. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

... The Philosophy of the Infinite Spongy Universe Model, continued:

My philosophy is called Eternal Intent. In a universe that has always existed, the "intent" for the universe to be the way it is, and to be no other way, may too have always existed. When one first thinks about an intent associated with an eternal universe, there is a chance of forming a misconception that this invokes the Supernatural. My philosophy is that anything that seems Supernatural has natural causes that we don't yet understand, and Eternal Intent would be the work of the invariant natural laws in the ISU.

(1533)

15. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

You Might Try Seeking Acknowledgement (from beyond the boundary)

The operative phrase is "natural causes that we don't yet understand". I like to refer to those "as yet unknowns" as being beyond the boundary of known science. The boundary would be defined as the dividing line between the natural laws we know and understand, and the ones we don't yet understand, or even know about yet.

That means that beyond the boundary of known science, there are likely to be natural phenomena going on that we have no clue about. If we somehow are affected by those phenomena in a way that we can perceive, then the fact is that we don't yet have scientific explanations for those perceptions. For example, consciousness might fall in that category, as would any seemingly Supernatural event that someone might claim to have experienced.

A common, though seemingly Supernatural event to a religious person who prays to God might be the answered prayer. For someone who subscribes to the ISU philosophy of Eternal Intent, an equivalent to prayer would be to request an acknowledgement from beyond the boundary of known science, in the form guidance or help. In the ISU philosophy, an answer to such a request might be referred to as an acknowledgement from beyond the boundary; it is the non-Supernatural equivalent to an answered prayer, based on the philosophy that anything that seems Supernatural has natural causes in accord with the invariant natural laws of physics.

(1584)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  16. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

Seeking Acknowledgement from Beyond the Boundary

Some people are contemplative, and to them, the practice of meditation comes naturally. This is simple layman meditation that can easily be activated and reactivated from a contemplative state, and amounts to clearing your mind of mundane thoughts, and opening up to whatever thoughts may then come. I think of those thoughts as coming forth from the sub-conscious, based on the thinking that the mind serves many functions, and one of them is to store and sort out issues that have somehow come to its attention.

To the extent that there are unknown natural laws that govern things like the conscious and sub-conscious, and based on the concept of Eternal Intent, i.e. that those laws are eternal, and have a function that benefits the continuing and furthering of the success of the individual and the life form, it seems reasonable to give play to what lurks beyond the boundary.

One way to give play to the "as yet unknown", is by seeking acknowledgement from beyond the boundary, in the form of guidance on how to optimize your life, given all of the opposing forces that are at play around us all of the time. A starting point for a meaningful venture into that activity might be contemplation and meditation, with the stipulation that you are seeking only acknowledgements that are well intended, positive, and constructive.

(1602)

17. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

Elements of the philosophy of Eternal Intent, continued ...

If we can say that known science has mathematical equations that quantify the laws and forces affecting things we observe around us, then we should be able to say that if there are laws and forces at work beyond the boundary of known science, then those laws and forces would be mathematically quantifiable as well. There must be constants and variables, limits and thresholds, and meaningful repeatable relationships for everything beyond the boundary, just like there are for known science.

If so, and if one chooses to seek beyond the boundary, success for the seeker might be improved by having the right values for the variables in the equations, even if we don't know the equations. It is probably more than just trial and error, because though we don't know the important elements of the equations, our reason and common sense should tell us that there are guidelines that might be useful during the process.

That is where your individual ingenuity might come into play. Seeking to have a hamburger and fries physically appear without apparent cause might not be acknowledged, no matter how hungry you are, while seeking resolution of a problem plaguing you, or a friend or relative, might be helped along by some "as yet unknown" natural law, if properly sought.

For my own part, I still invoke the concepts of well intended, positive, and constructive, and I might add that some degree of hope and faith that there is indeed Eternal Intent, and that seeking acknowledgements from beyond the boundary is within the scope of that intent.

(1695)

18. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

Excerpt from an essay I wrote in 2011 titled, "The Universe, Infinity, Life, and God"

Overview of Eternal Intent

The existence of Eternal Intent does not require any violation of the invariance axiom or of the natural laws. All of the natural laws of the ISU are invariant, and in an eternal and infinite universe, that means that the natural laws that are in effect now are the same laws that were in effect before, at all times in the infinite past; at no time were the laws different.

Logic and right reason of the highly evolved life forms is sound. When those individuals contemplate the universe, infinity, life, and God, it is from the soundest possible reason and logic that the concept of Eternal Intent is derived. It emerges as the most reasonable and responsible common ground between all contemplative individuals and is the highest standard for setting the correct rules of free and conscientious interaction.

A non religious, scientifically compatible definition postulates that Eternal Intent is a characteristic of the universe, and the natural laws and Eternal Intent are completely compatible. It is the ultimate universal common denominator, not just among peoples here on Earth, but among contemplative and conscientious life forms at the height of the evolvative process across the infinite and eternal sea of wave energy.

Therefore Eternal Intent would be the quintessential feature of a natural invariant universe and the view that God and the Universe are one and the same is fully compatible with the ISU.

This ISU likes this video:

If you have liked any of this thread, please "like" this post.

(1793)

Spellbound likes this.