Flying

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by hypewaders, Feb 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

The geese didn't show up yet, but the sun did, and brought a steady gentle wind that dappled up the blue water in sparkling perfect patterns for miles of Adirondack lakes with a billion bright leaves turning in the spectator mountains that listened to all our echoes and watched every veil of clinging water stream from our floats. I flew a Supercub, a Luscombe, a J-4, and a C-150. We clawed out of the water a little clumsily like geese, but then on the step we were fabulous speedboats, that could leap up like dolphins only dream. We had a lot of laughs, and we built a bridge do a secret island on the Hudson river. Now after the Perfect Weekend it's time to get back to work on some airplane projects needing my attention: Another C-150, a Staggerwing (not mine) and a Citabria. Life is brilliant.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Soon as the fog clears, Test Flight on a still, clear summer morning: 1947 Champ with a fresh engine. WoooHOOOO!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Test flight great, blew out 3 quarts of oil (sump gasket).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Airbus to Miami Wednesday, then ferrying a bush plane north to new york. Almost the entire east coast at 500 feet and 100 mph; free. Actually, I get paid, too

Somebody's got to do it; It needs to be done.:xctd:

CH701 (video)

Anybody who wants to hitch a ride anywhere along the way is welcome, if that person happens to be on a broad line between FL & NY & can catch something southbound whence you will have embarked. Provided of course you have been invited for a leg or more, because you will have not creeped me out between now and when you strap on my airplane. Yes, I'm barnstorming the east coast. The airplane pictured above (which is the plane in question) is pristine, sturdy, and also like me it can land almost anywhere. Consider riding along if you (yes you) have the time (this is a serious offer of a special airplane ride).

It might scare a teeny little bit at first, but it's mostly just something anyone with a heart will find a beautiful (& safe) experience/opportunity. Really, no money- or funny- business involved in this spammy special offer. PM Hypewaders if interested.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  8. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I thought this was some kid doing Flight Sim engine out in a 701, but then I noticed that it's just a Porter.

Turn the sound down if you don't want to rock (video below). If it won't disturb anyone, it's OK to scream. I fly with screamers now and then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg8anMju7MQ

advance to 1:00 if you just want the screaming part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YLoCNCFJLE Dolly knows what it feels like.

BTW the simulation is not very different from the flight envy-lope of the living, breathing, exuberent, and wonderfulPC-6. It can go up almost as crazy.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  9. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Wow, a whole day, and no responses. When I was younger, and had there been an internet and CH-701s, well I would already be hitchiking to Miami by now, and I'd work my way back home busking.

Is it me or the aeroplane? You're not a bunch of chickens, are you? That would be OK, because chickens like us abhor danger and commotion, so much that we sometimes break up fights. Watch (short Sciforums Moderator training video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D35uQCtr4EY

10. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Report, spacemansteve!

And when you do, PM me because I want to buy a used copy of the D-H you studied.

11. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Man I'd love to do that. But Im on the other side of the world.

12. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

It's not that big a world, really. But I'll post other opportunities in future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.