Food for life

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by csreech, Oct 26, 2001.

1. csreech Registered Member

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be? I could live on salsa and chips. With a lot of bathroom tissue.

Not really science related, but I was just kinda wondering.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Patman just one of the lost Registered Senior Member

potato
    If it had to be one thing POTATO"S RULE!
    French fries, home fries, Baked, REbaked, Roasted, potato chips, pringels(is that really a potato?), Ruffles, (Hey! Can I get some Gravy with that!) and the mother of all mashed

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Neb Registered Senior Member

Chips with chicken salt, mashed potato, like what was posted before this anything potato orientated is for me.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Holy Registered Senior Member

Jelly sandwich and milk?

I once read about an American that had survived for 25 years or so simply by consuming one type of jelly sandwich and drinking milk.

I don't remember if the article contained any information as to what kind of jelly and bread it was, but I find it incredible.

Today there is a lot of discussions regarding vegetarians and if a vegetarian can get all the substances a human need to survive. When looking upon an article that states it can prove that a human can survive on jelly sandwiches and milk one starts to wonder.

Off cause you need different kinds of minerals, protein and vitamins, but exactly where is the limit. Is there a industrial lie that we need certain foods? (lies to make us buy and consume food we don't need or like).

But if I must choose one type of food it would be butter, damn that butter is so good!

8. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Pesto tortellini all the way guys. Ya can't compete with pesto.

9. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Holy ...

What? No peanut butter to go with the jelly? Couldn't have been an American.

10. Patman just one of the lost Registered Senior Member

Can I get

Since they want more then just one item I do to!

I want butter and sourcream (oh ya and the gravy)

11. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

For 12 years straight I worked a 15 hour shift and ate just one lamb shawarma with taramosalata spread, chilli sauce and 3-4 hot chillies every day except Sundays. It was glorious!
    Btw, shawarma is like gyros or doner kebab, but made with filleted lamb shoulders rather than minced meat and binders.
    For those of you visiting London check out my old shop, the Kebab Kid in New Kings Rd, Fulham!