For Genesis Deluge Doubters

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by IceAgeCivilizations, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

Your universe relies upon a lot of quirky factors doesn't it IAC?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

In every direction at once? I thought that phenomenon depended upon an aggregation of supermassive blackholes such as at the centre of galaxies?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

It's the "White Hole" scenario of Humphreys, great mass in the center at the beginning, bounded Universe, space is a "fabric."

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Humphrey's postulates an initial ball of water, two light years in diameter, from which the Universe sprang. He predicted the composition of Jupiter, confimed by Voyager, with this model.

8. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

"Dr. Russell Humphreys, or David Russell Humphreys, Ph.D., is an author and physicist. Dr. Humphreys was awarded his Ph.D in physics from Lousiana State University after receiving a B.S. from Duke University. Before graduating with his Ph.D., he was a believing creationist."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Humphreys

I think this is all we need to know about Humphreys.

9. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Yes, that obviously says it all.

10. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

Agreed.

11. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

12. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Humphreys was a lead scientist at Sandia Labs for many years.

13. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

I'm happy for him.

14. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Why do creationists always argue from authority in scientific matters?

Seriously: this is not just a chicken and egg problem - it actually makes a difference in the debates.

15. valich Registered Senior Member

Ice Age: You're a nutcase. When you speak of "deluge," equate it with "delusion," because that it the mental illness that you suffer from. You need professional psychiatric help.

16. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Since you can't successfully argue your case, Valich, you call me nutcase and that I supposedly need psychiatric help, is this you modus operandi when you get your ass kicked in debate?

17. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

IAC, could you tell us how Baumgardner's theory of a 6000 year old universe; which you appear to advocate, explains findings from the field of dendrochronology which produce continuous tree ring data extending back ten thousand years to the end of the last ice age? Or do you merely discount this evidence because it does not fit into your theory?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrochronology

http://web.utk.edu/~grissino/

http://www.ltrr.arizona.edu/

Just to put your mind at rest, at its simplest this is counting (and adding up) tree rings… something which I’m sure, even the most ardent creationist is capable of grasping.

As a slight aside, the oldest tree yet discovered (a bristlecone pine, Pinus longaeva) called Prometheus, was at least 5000 years old when felled in 1964, Great Basin National Park, Nevada. That’s 83.33% of the age of your Universe. Now that really was one OLD tree!

BTW when did that Flood of yours happen again? Shouldn’t that pine have drowned!?

18. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

If you think tree rings necessarily denote years, then I've got some investment property for you in Sudan.

19. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

Lol! That's all you could come up with!? :roflmao: I think you should click on a few of those links and do some reading Icey... you seem deficient in SO many areas.

N.B. No real answer given in rebuttal of the points I have raised from IAC.

20. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Would you like to buy some investment property in Sudan?

21. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

In any case, regardless of whether I think they denote years you can't dismiss the findings from a whole field of science, in one or two scentences I might add, their findings remain the same...

N.B. I'm guessing the same might be true again...

22. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Are you interested in property in southern or central Sudan?

23. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

Could I ask a moderator to step in here please?

Either IAC would like to debate these matters, (which is why I assume he bothers to log in) in a useful and meaningful fashion; or not - in which case he should refrain from posting such puerile nonsense.

P.S. If you highlight all of the text in my previous post, you can see that I have predicted such a childish modus operandi.