For Genesis Deluge Doubters

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by IceAgeCivilizations, Apr 16, 2007.

1. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Crybaby Karnak.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

That ark must been pretty strong to survive multiple tsunamis, right IAC?

Article Excerpts:

“Wave (e.g. tsunami) refraction on the continental shelf would tend to transport sediments shoreward.”

"Another substantial source of water suggested by this model is displaced ocean water (6, 7]. Rapid emplacement of isostatically lighter mantle material at the spreading centers would raise the ocean bottom, displacing ocean water onto the continents. Baumgardner [7] estimates a rise of sea level of more than one kilometer from this mechanism alone."

“The rapid bending of elastic lithosphere and rapid inter-plate shear of plates at subduction zones as well as abrupt phase transitions as subducting plates are rapidly moved downward would be expected to produce frequent, high- intensity earthquakes at the subduction zones. There is also earthquake activity associated with explosive volcanism, isostatic adjustment, continental collision, etc.”

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

The dimensions of the Ark were shown to be the most seaworthy possible by nautical engineers, how'd those ancients know that?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

IAC, do you type with a wand attached to your head or something, and recently having acquired a new brand can now only type random words? Honestly, I'd like to know.

8. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

Wow, I don't know what to say.

9. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

It is quite amazing.

10. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

Yeah, what a fairy tale. Again, I don't care how seaworthy it was. Nothing can survive a tsunami, genius.

11. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

The swells came from all directions, churning action, more than huge walls of water.

12. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

Okay, great. So Noah's ark could survive huge 500 foot high waves traveling at 500 mph.

That aside, let's go back to the "syngameon" thing.

First question: Why don't any of the original "hyper mutts" exist today?

13. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Start a new thread.

14. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

I'm going to but first can you answer me the following questions:

1. The day after creation week, was the land in one large clump like Pangea?

2. When God created animals, did he create the "Super-Genetic" hyper mutts only, or did he create the millions of separate species which exist?

3. When he created the animals, did he only create one of each specific type and let them fill the earth gradually (like humans) or did he fill the earth with animals immediately?

These are vital to my thread question. Thanks for the response in advance, IAC.

15. Jeremyhfht Registered Senior Member

I didn't bother to read most of the pages. Just a few that had key points.

Let me add a super-key point that nobody has said, and that creationists still can't rebuttal:

The ark wasn't big enough to hold all of the animals ON THE PLANET. Two of everything would prove vastly too large. And the ark was vastly too small.

There's also a simply case of buoyancy. A simple google will find you many stories on how the ark bit is impossible.

16. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Hey NDS, tell him about syngameons, or maybe he'll look it up himself.

17. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

It goes way deeper than that Jeremy. The rationalizations of these young earth creationists never cease to amaze.

They would argue that, oddly enough, Noah only had to take 500 "kinds" of animals on the ark (1,000 animals total) to produce the millions of types of animals which we see today. For example, for every species of cat, Noah would have only have to have taken 2 animals which represented the "cat" "kind." Apparently, the animals that Noah took on the ark all had tons of DNA information in them, enough to produce the variety we see today solely from hybridizations and isolated adapting.

This means that, essentially, 500 species or "kinds" of animals would have to magically turn into 10 millions species or "kinds" of animals within 300 years. Impossible? Of course. In some animal "kinds" we see hundreds of separate, distinct, variations of species. Hundreds of variations of "kinds" can't be produced in 3 or 4 generations, obviously.

18. Blindman Valued Senior Member

NDS you are not a religious person and thus can never understand how the universe works. Gods can create and destroy in a blink of the eye, these entities can change a single species into a billion and leave us unaware of the change. For people like IceAge magic does and has happened and no amount of scientific study will ever replace their faith in their paper backed, mass produced idols.

You can not use logic to argue religious ideology.

19. Jeremyhfht Registered Senior Member

I know NDS, I did not think that writing a book on the subject would make anyone read it, though.

So I simply skimmed over the top, and left it to the readers to research it. Like they should be doing. :itold: