For God so hated the world

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Master of Illusion, Jun 5, 2003.

1. DefSkeptic Registered Senior Member

stu43t

I understand the concept of faith. I personally do not hold faith in high regard. Faith is a huge staple in religious thought, I feel it basically amounts to a stubborness to accept the unfolding truth that is constantly being shown with the increase of our knowledge base.

With faith, people can say that no matter what evidence or reason shows, they can still believe because they are trying to find truth throught a different means than through science and reason.

Faith is the inability to accept reality, its the stubborness that resides in the human mind, its a tool used to decieve oneself into holding a concept to be true, even when its got its back to the wall and is fighting for dear life.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. stu43t Valued Senior Member

Until God is proven not to be real, I cannot accept your statement to be true.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DefSkeptic Registered Senior Member

stu43t

Ok, thats fine.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DefSkeptic Registered Senior Member

okinrus-

So the want is sufficient enough for entry? I've been hearing a little something about one's actions, but hey, I didnt make the rules, some other ancient humans did.

I strongly believe that a personal God does not exist. It is not a utter rejection of evidence and common sense, it is a rejection of a proposterous idea.

8. Master of Illusion Registered Senior Member

More supreme illogical thought. You can't prove a negative beyond all doubts.

I can't prove that God or whatever you believe in isn't real anymore than you can't prove that invisible purple dancing beavers aren't dancing in my garden.

9. okinrus Registered Senior Member

The want here is a bit more than what you are
    probably thinking. Because there is no sin
    in heaven being a perfect place, you have to
    want to be perfect and not sin. This way
    you will be either purified in this world or the next.
    Obviously this depends a little bit on the definition
    of sin but no one should intentionally sin or try
    to prove what isn't sin, but was before the proof.

I believe they are. Purple is the symbol of Babylon and
    the garden represents your heart. The beavers well
    they cut down the tree of life.

10. stu43t Valued Senior Member

That argument is as old as the hills, try to be more original.

Anyway, go away child. I am having a discussion with an intelligent fellow called Defskeptic.

11. stu43t Valued Senior Member

We travel to work without being certain that we won't be killed in an accident. Even without absolute certainty, we believe that we will be successful. This is the kind of faith that I am advocating.

12. Master of Illusion Registered Senior Member

You seem to be very confused. You think you are superior...calling me a child? You are sounding more and more like a fundamentalist Christian with each post.

13. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

It doesn't matter if it is old and unoriginal or not.
    It is valid.

It is the absolute truth.

It is logical.

14. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

This isn't a competition to see who can be more clever, orignal and witty.
    At least it shouldn't be.

It should be an exchange of ideas and notions with an ultimate goal of truth, and a more realistic goal of mutual understanding and respect.

But I guess that is beyond you, eh stu?

15. stu43t Valued Senior Member

one_raven

I agree with you entirely, it is an exchange of ideas and notions with an ultimate goal of truth, and a more realistic goal of mutual understanding and respect.

Except that Master of Illusions past record of mutual respect rates as absolute zero. He doesn't exchange ideas he just insists on spewing out his muderous biased and despicable ideas on the same theme as nazism. Basically he is not a nice chap and I have no tolerance for any of his comments.

16. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

That is perfectly understandable.

Sorry to jump to conclusions and put my nose where it doesn't belong.

17. Master of Illusion Registered Senior Member

Ok, time to clear my name. stu is referring to a thread I posted in World Events & Politics called "World Peace Plan"
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=22933

I originally had a disclaimer on it, saying it wasn't to be taken seriously, but I left this out to see who would think I actually was being serious. Stu actively posted in that thread, and many thanks to him for doing so. It was closed before I actually revealed it was a joke.

I can prove this too, if anyone doesn't believe me.

Hope this clarifies things stu.

18. stu43t Valued Senior Member

You swine

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Peace :m: