... for your protection

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Tiassa, Dec 28, 2000.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Okay ... I really do feel like I'm starting to, uh, dominate this particular forum. I promise that this is not my intention.

Anyway, my latest drug-related complaint is a little bit of a laugh. From the same place as always:

Presently, http://www.drcnet.org/wol/#hempembargo is the address.

For the record, it might be argued that this sort of back-end maneuvering isn't as bad as it could be. I noticed that hemp paper wasn't targeted; heaven knows, you might cut your finger and get a hemp-related molecule in your bloodstream.

A quick note from the article: To justify barring hemp products for human consumption, they have claimed that consuming the products will "confound" drug testing for marijuana.

* DRCNet seems to disagree, and offers this address for information: http://naihc.org/hemp_information/content/THC_emp_drug_testing.html

* http://www.norc.uchicago.edu/new/drugwork.htm is an address I have posted before which leads you to a .pdf of the study Drugs and the Workplace by John Hoffman and Cindy Larison. From page 9 of that study:

Your tax dollars at work ....

thanx,
    Tiassa

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

------------------
    Whether God exists or does not exist, He has come to rank among the most sublime and useless truths.--Denis Diderot

[This message has been edited by tiassa (edited December 28, 2000).]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Tiassa,

You're not getting any argument regarding your complaints about the drug war. Maybe we are in agreement here?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I'll be honest, Bowser ... that rarely occurs to me. On the other hand, if I don't say anything ... ah, the mind-boggling decisions of what's important.

In that sense, it's weird, eh? I've used drugs for 10 years, and have known and experienced religion my whole life. Strangely, the one that's illegal is the one that, comparatively, is the positive factor.

If I go down for my sins against society, I'd like to think it's for something more harmful than the martinis and cigars the lawyers had for lunch. When "the Man" comes for me, if they ever do, sure I'll fight it tooth and nail. Sometimes I feel guilty about browbeating my neighbors and associates with some of my sentiments, but do they feel guilty when they tell me that cutthroat greed is the only morally sound behavior?

Dunno ... I noticed nobody's arguing. Interesting, that. I guess I could just keep a single running thread like an old stranger-than-fiction newspaper column because if nothing else, we should be able to laugh at how stupid a Giuliani or McCaffrey or a Bob Weiner is. You know, the Legal Comedy Review? Warrior-Lampoon?

But, yes, I did notice.

thanx,
    Tiassa

------------------
    Whether God exists or does not exist, He has come to rank among the most sublime and useless truths.--Denis Diderot

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I think it is good that you are verbal with your opinions concerning this issue. Silence will serve nobody, but maybe there is a better place to share that voice, someplace where it will draw more attention. You need to lob those ideas at the opposition. Shooting them here seems like a waste of ammo.

------------------
    It's all very large.

8. Malaclypse Perturber Registered Senior Member

we need to know these things.

stuff liek this get s not press.