Forum purging and the female orgasm.

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by ElectricFetus, Jul 12, 2004.

1. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

talking about orgasms:

is it just me or are the advertisments now graphical?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Some are, some are not.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I took Alpha's advice and switched to firefox from mozilla and am using adblock. No ads whatsoever. There isn't even white space where the ads used to be. It's beautiful really.

But, before I did so, I did see quite a bit of graphical ads. Started with the matrix and then kinda branched out into all sorts of ads.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I just did too. It really seems to work. wow.

8. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

Glad you switched. Until this mention I had forgotten there were ads on the site.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. water the sea Registered Senior Member

How does one get firefox?
    What are the system requirements for it?

10. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

11. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Rosa,

Get firefox from Dreamwalker's link. Then you'll need to get adblock from this link: http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&id=10&vid=215.

Then you'll need to set it up. What you do is click on tools, extensions, then double click adblock. It'll bring up an interface. Then insert these lines one by one.

/\D\d{2,3}x\d{2,3}\D/
    googlesyndication
    us.yimg.com/a/
    /\/buy_assets\//
    /[\W\d_](top|bottom|left|right|)?banner(s|id=|\d|_)[\W\d]/
    /[\W\d](double|fast)click[\W\d]/
    /[\W\d]click(stream|thrutraffic|thru|xchange)[\W\d]/
    /[\W\d]value(stream|xchange|click)[\W\d]/
    /[\W\d]dime(xchange|click)[\W\d]/
    /[\W\d](onlineads?|ad(banner|click|-?flow|frame|ima?g(es?)?|_id|js|log|serv(er|e)?|stream|_string|s|trix|type|vertisements?|v|vert|xchange)?)[\W\d]/
    /(hot|spy)log/
    /[\W_](b(an|nr)s?|jump|redir(ect|s)?|stat)[\W_]/
    /\W(cy|r)?c(ou)?nt(er|ed)?\W/
    /p(artner|ing\.cgi|romotion)/
    reklama
    /sp(onsor|ymagic)/
    /top(100|cto)/

This comes from Alpha's post here: http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=37882&page=2&pp=20. I reposted it here just to make it simpler, he didn't post the link directly to the adblock page (you would have needed to do a little browsing to find it.) and he didn't give instructions on how to insert the filters. If you have any problems figuring it out, either post in here or PM me. By the way, Alpha mentioned that the /\D\d{2,3}x\d{2,3}\D/ sometimes gives false positives, but also said that he's had no problems with it. I think that the only line (filter) you'd need to block the google ads is the google syndication line. Enjoy.

If you've been using IE up til now, you'll probably really dig the tabbed browsing and popup blocking of firefox. Welcome to a new world. A world without M$.

12. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Dreamwalker, Invert,

Goodness gracious!

Without even starting, I know that I will have t.r.o.u.b.l.e.s.

Thanks for the links and the info, one day soon I will close my eyes, think of Christmas -- and load up that thing. If I don't come back for a longer period of time, you know that I have failed ...

13. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Rosa,

You have far too little confidence in yourself. This is quite simple, I assure you. Install the software with a click. Download and install adblock with a click. Copy and paste the lines above, Clicking add at each time. Restart and voila. Easy peasy japanesey.

Do it, I dare you. Don't be a koza...

Or a lete. Whichever works better. Probably lete, huh?

Edit: By the way, installing firefox wll in no way stop you from being able to use IE. If you run into problems with firefox (you won't) you can just fire up ie and come back for help. Do it, Rosa. All the kids are doin' it. You wanna be cool, dontchya?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2004
  14. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

Here's the simplest way to do it, IMO.
    Go here to get FF and click Download Now. Install it.
    Then, run it and get Adblock and any other extensions you're interested. Simply click the Install link and a box will pop up asking if you want to install it. All extensions on update.mozilla.org are trustworthy.
    Note, if you get more than one extension, install them one at a time. You need to restart FF after installing each extension.
    After getting Adblock and restarting FF, download the attachment to this post. It's a simple text file with the filters above, plus a few more.
    All you need to do is press CTRL+SHIFT+P in FF, and click Adblock Options > Import Filters. Then simply import the text file you saved from this post.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2004
  15. water the sea Registered Senior Member

It is not that I wouldn't have enough confidence in myself.

It is that I thoroughly know that what I don't know can and will hurt me. This should be the mantra of everyone having something to do with computers. Or anything, for that matter.

16. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Ah, I do think that you can handle this. I have also just installed Firefox and the extension. I have to say it works quite fast. I think I´ll stop using Opera...

BTW, it took me about one minute to install everything. Good Luck Rosa

17. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

I disagree. When I first started using computers I felt this way. I was afraid to click anything that I didn't understand 'cause I was afraid of screwing something up. But there's nothing you can do from clicking and typing that you can't reverse, except overwriting data. If you can break it, you can fix it. Well... if you can break it, someone can fix it.

Have you implemented the suggested speed tweaks?

18. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Yes, I have installed the recommended tweaks. Works good.

And I agree, when I first started on computers, I had to fix it quite often, partly because I never bothered to read manuals. Now I am quite good at fixing computers... but most things, I learned through my own errors.

19. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

Actually, what you don't know can and likely is hurting you so long as you continue using Internet Exploder.

Note: updated adblock filters.

20. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Yah. Which gets increasingly hard to become reality once you live out in the country.

21. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Rosa, Have you still not done it? Sheesh. I guarantee you that *nothing bad* will happen. It's so easy that it isn't funny. Especially with Alpha's import method. You don't even have to cut and paste. Do it.

"You can do it, Rosa! Something that rhymes with Rosa! You can do it, Rosa! Something that rhymes with Rosa!"

22. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Oh, and when you do, may I suggest the phoenity theme. It's the simplest and nicest that I've found. They used to have an aqua looking one, but it seems to have disappeared, probably copyright issues or something. Which themes do you like Alpha?

23. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Yeah, Invert is right:

"You can do it, Rosa! Something that rhymes with Rosa! You can do it, Rosa! Something that rhymes with Rosa!"

I believe that you can do it.