Fossil of first land life?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Nebula, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Nebula Occasionally Frequent Registered Senior Member

This is cool. Some scientists found a fossil of what appears to be the oldest footprints ever discovered (500 million years). And in Canada no less!

http://cbc.ca/stories/2002/06/06/fossil_tracks020606

Does anyone think we will ever live under the sea? What if humans pass the carrying capacity of the Earth before colonizing other planets? Do you think we could develop underwater societies? Maybe we could grow crops on the ocean floor! It would be fun, and it wouldn't ever rain

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kmguru Staff Member

Why do we have to live like humans in the sea? Why can not we genetically modify our bodies to become whale like creatures with high intelligence adapted to the sea environment?

Afterall, human beings are turning into walking whales on the land as evidenced from a peek in any grocery store or buffet restaurant.....

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Poor Whales, to have to live together in the Seas with all those meaty humans all surrounding them. I bet it will scare the hell out of them. Or the Whales laugh themselves to tears and throw those hilarious looking human beings back on the Land. After all, what would you do if you were a Whale? :bugeye:

I read about the Fossil yes.

That is a wonderful discovery. Maybe there will be found out by the researchers/scientists whether humans once lived in the Seas. There's a theory that there are humans who went to live under the surface of the Seas after a disaster, way back in the history of Earth, because there was no other way to survive. I will look up the details about it, cannot think of it at the top of my head. It is mentioned a little while back, somewhere...I will look it up. Don't know if it is of any significance, it will never hurt to see what it was. I seem to have a memory that's leaking lately, so the information streams out of it as soon as it comes in...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.