France Throws the Bums Out and Votes for a New Political Reality

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Michael, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I don't disagree. Evidence suggests low skilled immigration drives down the price of labor by competing against the working poor. Studies show this is happening in Sweden. Great for a business owner, not great for the working poor.

I don't know what she would do. I would start by ending most immigration (exception for high-skilled workers) and then putting forward policies that encourage integration into mainstream French culture. Phasing out welfare in favor of work, for example.

The France of yesteryears is gone. Sadly, not to be replaced with something better. Interestingly, the Japanese have a sort of hospital in Paris for Japanese women who go to France and fall into depression with dismay because it's sort of become a crap hole (relatively speaking). It's called: Paris syndrome.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

And men.

It's a known, described disorder of travelers - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stendhal_syndrome. In the past it was especially associated with French people visiting Florence, Italy.

It has been described in visitors to Jerusalem (and Mecca) for even longer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_syndrome

It was diagnosed in Japanese people visiting Paris in particular in 1986, according to your Wiki link. Apparently, Paris has been a crap hole like Florence, and Rome, and Mecca, and Jerusalem, for a while now.

It doesn't seem to be problem at the Taj Mahal - so instead of visiting crap holes like Paris or Florence, maybe tourists vulnerable to being dismayed should visit the cleaner, nicer, more civilized places such as Agra.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.