Free Thoughts, of My Own

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by river, Aug 2, 2020.

1. river

Highlighted

So True .

And the rest of the paragraph ; So...So....So True .

We have forgotten , in our Thinking Upon this Universe , that there is/are ; Real Physical Objects and implied Physical Properties of which this Universe is Made . Which has nothing to do with mathematics .

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The_One Banned Banned

I agree, River. However, should mathematics be applied to, "1" does this not alter the one??

Also mathematics is a universal language. Whatever language you are using to express a number, you and I are refering to the same VALUE!

Besides, I may apply values to letters of the alphabet, colours or indeed anything else I wish to study.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

Highlighted

Is one a number , or is one a physical object ?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The_One Banned Banned

It has an inherent value. 2 is twice as valuable, just as 3 is three times as valuable. Ein, uno, one= value of one.

One may be applied to a physical object, or it may simply possess the value of one.

Good question though, River. For if there is ONLY ONE, how can anything else interact with it? If there is only one, nothing else is available to operate upon. There must be a minimum of TWO! This is a divine problem: divinity needs another willing to allow Him EVERYTHING without negating His charm.

As I have stated, mathematics is a universal language though.....

8. river

The minimum is all Physical Things and Life , exist . The Physical Things , Elements , existing for infinity .

Life is for infinity but Life as a form can become extinct , for many reasons .

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  9. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Not necessarily. A temperature of 2 degrees is not "twice as much temperature" as 1degree.

10. The_One Banned Banned

I see your argument sideshow Bob. It depends whether you are using Celsius or Fahrenheit. Good point.

11. river

• Do not plagiarise. Acknowledge your sources.

Yes, while I understand crystallography uses space groups, bonding in molecules (i.e. molecular orbitals ) can be analysed by point symmetry groups. Given that exact solutions are impractical for multi-body problems, one needs ways of determining the QM properties of molecules in a qualitative way. Group theory enables this. I’m very rusty on this now and away from my books (on holiday in Brittany) so I dare not try to describe examples from memory alone, but group theory is very powerful in theoretical chemistry. Essentially, the electron is in a potential well of complex geometry, due to the various atomic nuclei of the atoms making up the molecule, and the form and the relative energies of various molecular orbitals it can occupy are determined by the symmetry.

12. river

Quarkhead response ;

Well, actually, the group theory of interest in QM is that of the continuous symmetry groups. Also known as the Lie groups (say "Lee"). This is quite a difficult subject, but fascinating and beautiful.
    As a taster - the Lie group SO(3) describes the symmetry of spin-1 particles, whereas the Lie group SU(2) describes the symmetry of spin-1/2 particles.
    Any wiser? No, I thought not .

For a response I need you to explain what all this means .

13. The_One Banned Banned

(((0+1)÷(0+1))-1)=((1÷1)-1)=(1-1)=?

14. river

15. river

Magnetic Fields create electrical current . Not the other way around .

It is the magnetic field that expands space .

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

More river's unsupported nonsense.
    Please children and others..remember, he is banned from the sciences for good reason.

17. river

Did you go to my link in post#11 . pad ?

18. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Sure! And it re-enforces my edict regarding your nonsensical approach to science.
    question...did you read the article/Or did you simply pick out what you imagined to support your ignorant thoughts?
    Let me explain...you said,
    Yet the article says, "Magnetic fields arise anytime electric charge flows"
    That is certainly correct and shows your claim as nonsense as I said.....
    In the same post/breath you then said.....
    The article says, "If these magnetic fields arose in the infant universe, the question becomes: How? “People have been thinking about this problem for a long time,” said Tanmay Vachaspati of Arizona State University."
    No certainty there, just surmising....
    Then elsewhere it says.....
    "Ruth Durrer, a theoretical cosmologist at the University of Geneva, explained that magnetism is the only force apart from gravity that can shape the large-scale structure of the cosmos, because only magnetism and gravity can “reach out to you” across vast distances. Electricity, by contrast, is local and short-lived, since the positive and negative charge in any region will neutralize overall. But you can’t cancel out magnetic fields; they tend to add up and survive."
    Nothing about magnetic fields expanding spacetime as you imagined.

It's a scientific article river...it is yet to be researched further and properly, and when finally done so, still will not change the fact that gravity is still the holy grail and first shaper of the universe/space/time.

You see, you as always are so tied up in your anti science crusade, and your nutty Magnetic/Electric/Plasma universe debunked stuff, you cannot even read an article properly.
    That's why you linger in the fringes.

19. river

Having a tough time accepting the data pad ?

No surprise .

The magnetic fields are in the Cosmos are enormous 10million light years and more . Then combine this area with all other magnetic fields in space , by the billions , then you understand space .

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Not at all despite your ignorance and misinterpretations.

Yep, so? Stop cherry picking river and read the article properly including my highlighted parts you have turned a blind eye to.

21. river

You have turned a blind eye to whole whole thing .

Magnetic Fields are found everywhere in the Cosmos .

22. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

https://www.quantamagazine.org/the-hidden-magnetic-universe-begins-to-come-into-view-20200702/
    extracts:
    "Magnetic fields arise anytime electric charge flows"

"If these magnetic fields arose in the infant universe, the question becomes: How? “People have been thinking about this problem for a long time,” said Tanmay Vachaspati of Arizona State University."

"Ruth Durrer, a theoretical cosmologist at the University of Geneva, explained that magnetism is the only force apart from gravity that can shape the large-scale structure of the cosmos, because only magnetism and gravity can “reach out to you” across vast distances. Electricity, by contrast, is local and short-lived, since the positive and negative charge in any region will neutralize overall. But you can’t cancel out magnetic fields; they tend to add up and survive."
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Please show me where your article says that magnetic fields expand spacetime

and that
    Magnetic Fields create electrical current . Not the other way around

Don't weasel your way out of the ignorance you have shown river. Post 12 is your nonsensical claims.

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Telling lies river? I'm just correcting your nonsense.
    No wrong, the article does not say that. The article investigates with no conclusion yet, that magnetic fields are wide spread throughout the universe.
    It does not support your agenda of any electric/magnetic/Plasma universe over gravity.

The facts are as presented river, so I won't participate in your ignorance and trolling anymore. Banned from the science? what's the next step river for blatant lying?