Freedom of Flight

Discussion in 'World Events' started by 666, Jan 21, 2000.

1. 666 Registered Senior Member

I couldn't think of any place eles to put this, but here it is any way. It's the first thing I have written in 2 1/2 - 3 years.
    <HR>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <DIV align="right">
    William Allen
    Dec. 28, 1999
    </BLOCKQUOTE>
    </DIV>

<CENTER>The Freedom of Flight</CENTER>

The chill morning wind rustles the leaves of the tress as the robin catches the wind under wings. Gracefully descending to capture the first of the mornings breakfast, in example for her young. This was the first of many lesson before they were lovingly pushed from the warm safety of the nest. To take flight or fall to the meadow floor bellow would be the most important choice in their life.

Days before the four young robins right of passage had arrived the restlessness could be seen. The young robins would perch and peer over the edge of the nest in awe and wonder at the world beyond the security of the nest with sorrow and pride in her young, their mother with a quick nudge pushed the four from the nest. As three fell and fluttered, but quickly tacking to the air they rejoiced in their new found freedom. Tacking in the beauty of the world from high above in an innocent and naïve new perspective. Unaware of the dangers and risk that lie ahead, but will soon learn.

The third fell with a terrible speed and painful landing on the grassy floor bellow.
    Scorned by her mother apparent uncaring act she remained grounded. Searching desperately for what little food that could be found she begun to yearn for the love and guidance her mother once gave her. Struggling with all her might several failed attempts to leave the ground were made. At last! Almost exhausted and with the help of a strong summer wind she took to the air. The flight to the nest was short and the landing much more gentle this time. A great sadness over came her as she survaided the vacant nest.

Knowing that there was nothing left for her at the nest she took to the air once more. Except this time she flew against the wind. Out of sight, her mother, who watched with a careful eye was both relived and proud to see her child succeed. Seeing these events transpire year after year, but never understanding left the tree to pounder out loud. Why did she chose to fly against the wind when her mother taught her the tried and true? It is not important to learn what to do, but important to learn how to find the wind under your wings! Responded the robin.

------------------
    My life could have been black and white, but I had to color it.

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited January 20, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited January 20, 2000).]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. truestory Registered Senior Member

Very nice, 666...

No matter how old some of us get, we will always be running against the wind...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. 666 Registered Senior Member

Truestory,

Glade you liked it. I was sitting on it for a while and thought some one would like it. Running from problems seems to be a natural reaction, probly based mostly in fear. When facing the problem and/or pain can bring so much to our life.

------------------
    My life could have been black and white, but I had to color it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.