Friday Night Sermon 01/14/00

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by ISDAMan, Jan 15, 2000.

1. ISDAMan Thank You Jesus! Registered Senior Member

God has moved it upon my heart to encourage the Christian Brothers and Sisters of exosci and help in standing with you in the faith. This is a special message intended for Christians here. Please, if you are not a Christian and are reading this, in regards to your questions, keep them focused on the contents of this message. If I do not have time to answer, I'm sure that the very same Spirit that is in me is in my Brothers and Sisters. They will answer you well from God and not themselves. I will, however, make every attempt to answer all questions. This message would have been sent out via e-mail, however, every Christian here does not have an e-mail address showing. Moreover, it is good for all to see. There is no one, not even myself, that is excluded from the message below.

Please!!!!!!! Seek to know more about God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spend some time away from the t.v., the net, the radio, and even the whole world. Jesus took His time of private interaction with the Father. He calls us to be like Him. Take the time to be private with the Father through Christ our mediator. Worship God in fullness in His Word. It is ALL true. It is no more or less literal than any other speech today. We speak laterally and figuratively and so has God in His Word to us. Let's rely on one another to help each other though the rough spots. That is what family is for. First, however, we must submit to His teachings and realize that we each need greater focus in learning more of His ways. There is too much of a partition between the Body here. It is a sign that each and every one of us is in great need of being on our faces before the Lord God Almighty in repentance for our selfishness. We would be united and more effective in Godly endeavors if we would only submit to His good will as we should. Alas, we are too concerned with the joys, distractions, and pains of this world. We are fools to trust God with out eternal lives and disregard Him as the source of victory in our day to day lives! Where is the trust? Where is the faith? Has God divested Himself of our day to day concerns and left us alone now that He has branded us as lambs apart from the wolves of the world? I say with great regret that we are poisoned with the lusts of this world!!! Yes, some are more than others. Still, it does no good to point fingers. When one of us fails and the others do nothing to retreive the fallen and, worse yet, deride the fallen one, we all taste the poison and are marked of the world as no more use than a pile of rotting dung. Some of the behavior of Christians here is appalling. I am not speaking of simple imperfection. I speak of the wonton lusts to cause strife among the Body, the lack of regard for God's Word in mixing it with pagan theology and profane language, and the obvious lack of prayer and studying of God's ways prior so as to only present a luke-warm Christianity. That kind of Christianity is only good to be spat out upon the ground! My goodness,... is it not obvious that we have the very Spirit of God within us?!?!?!?!?!?! That is the very Holy Spirit of God!!!! We are too lax and disrespectful of His awesomeness. Perhaps, it is that I will be ridiculed for this post. So be it! It is a sacrifice that I am willing to make to serve God! We are too easy to cling to things that will all pass away. God gives us each a vision of Glory and we do not want to see it. To take hold of God's glorious plan is to sacrifice all else. He will see to our needs and even our wants. In stead, it's obvious that it is too much of a trait of us to, at times, cultivate a good image among the ungodly rather than hold fast to the Word of God. It seems that we, as the Body of Christ, have made God's Word convenient to suit our own needs. Grow Up!!!! How dare any of us look to show ourselves as being of righteousness before the world, when we do so very little to bare our unrighteousness to God so that He may cleans us and send us forth to work in His fields. We are each to blame for the failures of even one. We are One Body and not many! It is foolish that we do separate ourselves here and that we even tolerate, among the Body, the ideals of ungodliness. We lack submission to the Lord!!!!! Take time away to study His ways. How can we say we Love Him and, at times, let days pass without real conversation and weeks go by without fervent prayer seeking to know what He would have of us to His Glory,... not to fix our woes,... to His Glory?!? How can we say we Love Him when we reject parts and in some cases the large part of His Body? It is not the fault of the self styled pagans here that they have no light. It is our own. We can each do more to understand God's ways and, through His power, present, to all the world, the Spirit of the Word of God. Christian, Increase your light! Spend time with other members of the Body and you study God's ways. Jesus will be there. Spend time alone with God. Ask only to be lead by His Spirit and wait,... He will reward your patience. Do you want success in life? Serve God and wait on His direction! Do you want freedom? Serve God and wait on His direction! Do you want to have victory over your tribulations and tormentors? Serve God and wait on His direction! Do you want to win souls to Christ? Serve God and wait on His direction! How many of us can say that, in the past three years, someone has accepted Christ as God used our faithfulness as an instrument of life changing? It is a sad shame that most Christians will die never having taken part in this,... God's miraculous work,... the gift of Salvation from the debt of Sin. Oh, and don't try the lame excuse of saying that you're spending all of your time trying to win one particular person to Christ. It was because Christ forgave the sins of strangers that some of those closest to Him accepted Him as their Savior. Let us not loose perspective that we should cling to God because times are good,... we should cling to God because times are bad,... we should cling to God because things just don't seem to be going anywhere at all. Christians, let us not delude the consistency of our Body with the false hope of hopelessness and with wicked contention that belongs to the world. Serve God and wait on His direction! AMEN!

Your Brother In Christ,
    ISDAMan

P.S.- Next Friday night, Lord willing, I will start in the book of Romans. I will post a new sermon every Friday until God makes a change. As usual, debate is expected. God Bless You All!!! I Love You!!!

[This message has been edited by ISDAMan (edited January 14, 2000).]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Preaching on Virtual Street Corners, eh, ISDAMan?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ISDAMan Thank You Jesus! Registered Senior Member

Oxogen,

That's somthing I had not thought of. I have to admit. You have a sharp wit.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Though these will be directed mostly toward Christians, I have hope that you will read the posts to follow. At the least, you will be able to see more of real Christian values to process in your thoughts. I only hope that every Christian here will provide Godly wisdom within these posts. I'm sure, with just a tiny bit of faith, even our most shy will deliver the truth of the Spirit. Bless you for your insite. This is, in a way, a virtual street corner.

A faithful servant is hard to catch up with,... be faithful,
    ISDAMan

[This message has been edited by ISDAMan (edited January 14, 2000).]

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. truestory Registered Senior Member

ISDAMan,

Per your urgent request, I e-mailed you earlier...

8. frank t Registered Member

I too believe it is imperative for Christians to unify. Jesus prayed in John 17 that all be one. It is still in the process of taking place.(I wish it would hurry up.) I do have a comment, however, on your statement on the "lusts of the world." God made the world and all in it good. It is only when we seek it over God that the things in the world, and the world itself, become evil. Yes we need as a people to go before God in repentance for our selfishness and sin, but that is our fault, not the fault of Gods creation. We are as I am fond of saying "Glorious Failures: Failures because we cannot do anything without the Help of God, but Glorious because He gives us the power to do what we cannot do ourself. I believe also that the reason that so many disagree is that we are not secure in the love of God. Let him love you!!!!!!!! When you allow the love in, all will become brothers and sisters because the love you let in will have to overflow to those around you. So, as someone asked me a long time ago: Dare God to love you and watch what happens!!!!!! Is anyone willing to take the dare?(I did, and it changed my life!!!!!!) "Behold, I stand at the door and knock...."

9. Micah Registered Senior Member

I am 100% in agreement with you. As a newcomer to this site, the Lord is dealing with me on several issues. The enemy is at work here full force. If we are not prepared and our motives not pure, we put ourselves and others in great danger. Our battle is not against each other, but against the powers and principalities of the enemy. By just speaking and not gaining the advice of the Holy Spirit, we give the enemy a chance to come and do some very real damage. Only by prayer, fasting and truly seeking Christ on what is intentions His mission are we facing the risk of speaking in vain. I have experienced some mighty forces of oppression, extreme forces of fear, because I have taken authority of the enemy here. I must seek the councel of Christ, we must unite in prayer against the enemy and let God do the work here. I am nothing, my wisdom is foolishness, Lord forgive me if I have said anything that may have hindered your Holy Spirit to accomplish his work. May we all follow after the will of the Father, and of our Mighty Lord, Jesus Christ. Please email me anytime..
    In Christ and for His Glory....

10. truestory Registered Senior Member

ISDAMan,

Much food for thought for all of us! Thank you.

I would like to comment, though, contrary to how things might appear on the surface, I have seen that the love of Jesus Christ has brought a number of fruitful changes here of late. But, please, don't let that stop you!

11. ISDAMan Thank You Jesus! Registered Senior Member

Thank You All!!!!!,

You don't know the comfort that you all are. I can't wait to see the Glory that Christ brings about here. AMEN!

Your Brother In Christ and partner in prayer,
    ISDAMan

12. ISDAMan Thank You Jesus! Registered Senior Member

truestory,

The time is now 7:42 PM EST. I still do not have the e-mail. My server is quite fast. If you are using something like Juno, Free PC, or Net Zero, it might account for a long time lag. Did you type isda@gte.net? The question I have to ask is quite important.

CYAL8R Sister,
    ISDAMan

13. 666 Registered Senior Member

ISDAMAN,

Why don't you ask it here out in the open???

Do we need to worry about sort clandestine christain activity??? Seems a little hush hush for a discusion board don't ya think? They used to feed christains to lions for the sort of thing.

------------------
    My life could have been black and white, but I had to color it.

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited January 15, 2000).]

14. ISDAMan Thank You Jesus! Registered Senior Member

I'm sure you might be the first to say that some things a Christian does look strange. They ought to. God's ways are not man's ways. I'm on a mission from God. Though, I'm not a Blues Brother. He gives the direction. I follow. Perhaps, one day, you will have the opportunity to do what I now do. I can only pray that God would see you faithful to him and task you so. It's so GREAT to serve Him!!!!!!!

Make a joyfull noise to the Lord,
    ISDAMan

15. Christian Registered Senior Member

I'm sure there is nothing to worry about, 666. It looks like most posters communicate by e-mail. Some of us don't put our e-mail on bulletin boards. If someone wants us to contact them they have to let us know.

16. truestory Registered Senior Member

ISDAMan,

I made a second attempt about a half hour ago and triple-checked the address. Most people receive my e-mails within seconds...

17. ISDAMan Thank You Jesus! Registered Senior Member

truestory,

I got it. Thanks Sister,
    ISDAMan