Friday Night Sermon ---> Romans Chapter 5

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by ISDAMan, Feb 19, 2000.

1. ISDAMan Thank You Jesus! Registered Senior Member

Howdee-doo there! It looks like I spoke just a bit soon. As you can see, my plan was to use netdrive.com to post my audio files. Well, there was a problem that they were not able to resolve until today. For this reason, instead of rotating the FNS audio files from week to week, I’m going to buy a new server and set up a site that I can post direct links to. Then, I’ll be able to use real audio files as I choose and I can even keep a whole back catalogue. There’s no set date as of now. I’m still having trouble getting DSL in my area. On top of that, server prices are quite high. I’m debating on what the best kind of system for my needs might be. Cost, of course, is a great issue. Still, God’s the one that’s got me buying this thing so; He’ll make it affordable and send the cash too. Of that I’m sure. Anyway, last weeks FNS audio files are now ALL up and accessible. I’ll be back on a written program until I get the server up and running. Now, let's get on to this weeks FNS.

<< Read Verses 1-2 >>

Do you see that? We have peace with God!!! How, you might ask? Through Jesus Christ, that’s how. Verse 2 clearly shows us that Jesus ushered us into the era of God’s Grace. The wrath that the law brings is no longer what we are under. When you trusted Jesus as you Lord and Savior, He crossed you over the bridge from the land of despair to the land of perfection. WHY WHY WHY is it that we keep on looking back? Why are we all so caught up in the thoughts of the former sins we have committed. Is not Christ’s Salvation Greater? Why do we long for the passing pleasures of the days when we were lost in sin? Is not Christ’s Salvation Greater? Why is it that we think that we are not good enough? Why do we look at others and then ourselves and then say, “I wish I had,… _______ like so and so.”, or, “I wish I could,…_______ like so and so.”? If you are standing out in the center flow of a mighty river, are you going to look on the shore and think to yourself, “I sure wish I had that garden hose over there on the shore to cool me off.”? How much of a brain surgeon does it take to see the fruitlessness of this kind of thinking? Here it is that we have been cast out in the river of God’s mighty Grace. All the goodness and joy that anyone’s heart could ever stand is embracing us and lo and behold, we still look back at that old dried up shore. Beloved, listen to me! Because of faith in the Christ that God has sent as our Salvation, we now have access to the very power, the very grace, the very Love of GOD the Almighty!!! How much more do you want? Be content in the goodness He shares with us. Likewise, be content in the hard times. Do you think that God has only the power to forgive sins? Do you think that your bad circumstances are mightier than God is? Beloved, be patient and wise to study God’s ways and keep faithful in all that He has entrusted to your charge. He has not forgotten. He is not lax. He will deliver you. Christ did not come simply to save you from sin but TO the living God of all creation.

<< Read Verses 3-5 >>

Think about someone that you always had faith in that most other people put down. No matter what, you had faith in that person and that person, in his own time and way, managed to come through. Where as everyone else might have laughed that person to scorn, you were not ashamed of him. You had hope in him. It was because of your faith in him that you were ably to find peace in the situation and remain hopeful. Now, let’s look back at God. How is it that God doesn’t even rate this little bit in our day to day lives? We say that we trust and love Him, yet, we are in a panic and have no patience. Be still and KNOW that HE IS GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Confusion, doubt, and pride are from Satan! When you are confused and don’t know what to do, get into God’s Holy Word first, then seek Godly counsel. When you are in doubt and are unsure, get into God’s Holy Word first, then seek Godly counsel. When you are prideful and God’s good will is not the first thing on your mind, get into God’s Holy Word first, then seek Godly counsel. Are you noticing a pattern here. Get familiar with what God has already said to us first. Then, you will be ready to hear and digest the other things He would have of you. Is your life stuck in a rut? Do you have a great and mighty decision to make? Are things just peachy keen for you in your life? Do you feel like you have no time? Are you broke? Is your spirit weak? Are you depressed? Do you have an addiction that you can’t shake? Are you confused about your future? Do you want to be successful in life? If you answered , “YES”, to any of these questions I’ll tell you what you do. Slow down. Be still. Get to know that God is still the Lord on high that orchestrated your salvation through Jesus Christ alone!!!! How do you do this? It’s simple. Get back to the basics. We’ve been talking all about the basics here. Jesus IS the Living Word of God. You have the Living Word of God right before you to study, Love, and get to know better each and every day. If you love God, you should be rushing to get into His Word each and every chance that you get. Some of you might remember how it is that I had stated that sin = order to mass disorder and Jesus = mass disorder to order. God wants to make order of our lives, the kind of order that He intended in the first place. Don’t let all of the hustle and bustle fool you. Slow down. Study His thoughts (The Bible). Talk to Him in Prayer. After all of that, then seek good Godly counsel. This is how you can be grateful in times of despair. It is because you can be assured that God has not left you stranded. He has already provided a means to prosper you. Read Jer 29:11. You will be surprised to find that God will have a means of comfort waiting for you. Do you think God only sends kinsmen redeemers in matters of love? Just as God had a helper ready for Moses in Aaron, God has a good helper that is waiting patiently upon the Lord to tell him that it’s time to go and help uplift you. The helper will have joy in his heart when you arrive too. Just get into God’s Word so that He can lead you!!! There is no other way Beloved. There is none. In fact, to try any other way that to follow after God is to practice witchcraft. Just a commercial while I’m at it,… so is trying to gain insight of the future from horoscopes and astrology. There is nothing that’s just for fun when it is regarding sin. That filthy sin is the very sin that Got my Lord and Savior nailed to the Cross. Don’t you dare say that it doesn’t mean anything. Someone ought to slap the dog spit out of your mouth. That is a lie straight from hell. There is no place in God’s Body for any sin. It should be our great pleasure to please God in all things. Don’t you dare think that you can still hold on tight to just a few sins and still have a perfect walk with God. You’d better remember this well. All the time that you spend in sin, you spend not being plugged into the power of God’s Holy Spirit. When you’re busy with sin, you are too busy for God to entrust you with any good thing. The time you could have spent being of good to someone else is lost. Someone that God would have had you witness to might end up lost forever because you were too busy serving your own lusts. This is war!!! This is eternal life and death. Do your duty. God does not make back-up plans. If you are asleep on the job, someone else WILL die for it!!!! Now, let’s get back on point.

<< Read Verses 6-11 >>

Remember this too. There was never anything good enough that you could do to earn or secure your Salvation. It was a free gift from God. All you had to do was believe. Incidentally, there is no so noting you can do that is so bad that God will revoke your “Get Into Heaven FREE” pass (Yes, I know that this is a hot bed of debate for another time folks). God came as Christ for those that were lost. He did not come to help those that were perfect and without need of a savior. Sin is there in the day of conception and we all fit into the category of lost. Praise God that He has found us and brought us in from the wilderness!!! Let’s start living like it. Do not forget. When you prayed a prayer something similar to the one below, God empowered you with His Holy Spirit. You are literally walking around with the Spirit of God intermingled with your old weak spirit. Start living like it!!!

Dear God,

I know that I am a sinner and I have no capacity to change on my own. I have lived my life apart from God and now know that Jesus Christ is the only way to be right with God. I am asking that you come into my heart and free me from sin. I trust that you can and will save me from hell and will take me home to live with you in Heaven. I turn away from my sins and I pledge my life to God through you Jesus.

In Jesus’ name I pray – AMEN

Do you remember that day? Don’t forget that you still have no capacity to uplift yourself. Rely upon God for all things. I know that’s a tall order. Our God’s is tall on righteousness. If we want to talk to Him face to face like Moses, we need a mountain of our own as a platform. We need a mountain of faithful righteousness to God’s glory to stand upon. It’s o.k.. Be small for God’s sake. It does not matter what others think about you. Let them call you weak, soft, and a foolish Christian. You just let God look out for your want’s and needs. He’ll take care of your image.

<< Read Verses 12-21 >>

Praise God that sin = order to mass disorder and Jesus = mass disorder to order. God not only returns more than you give. He gives more than you ever knew to give. When we were lost in sin and without direction, God saw fit to make a way of salvation for us. There is no sin that God’s grace is not greater than. My God is a mighty God!!!!!. My God rules the Heavens and the Earth!!!!!! My God is without flaw!!!!!! My God has only one limitation. He can’t be anything but perfect. Be ye perfect as He is perfect brethren.

With all the Love you know that I bare you from God, our Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit,
    ISDAMan