Front Wheel Drive or Rear Wheel Drive is better?

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by Saint, Sep 21, 2015.

1. zgmc Registered Senior Member

I have a vehicle that requires synthetic oil, and I change it myself. 5 quarts of full synthetic is roughly $25. Conventional about $15. That will cost me about an extra $100 every 100K miles. Its worth it to me. Sure, conventional oil has been used for a while, and its probably fine for most older vehicles, I wouldn't use anything but synthetic in a newer car. Again, it is start up conditions where the synthetics are far superior.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

If you are punctual about getting oil changes, and your vehicle doesn’t already require synthetic oil (more on this later), you may want to stick with conventional.

“If you are good about changing your oil when you are supposed to, there is no reason to use synthetic oil,” says David Bulko of AutoAid & Rescue in Van Nuys, Calif. “If getting your vehicle in for service doesn’t always happen on time and you find yourself always going over on the recommended change interval, maybe synthetic oil is for you.”

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ar.htm&usg=AFQjCNFyJqaL9cYZa18VoI10WHn2zhGI3A

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.