Fun Distraction: Alien Encounter Scenario!

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Dufoe, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Mazulu Banned Banned

Energy requirements are enormous. Last I heard, it takes the energy content of Jupiter to achieve hyper-drive. It might be more feasible to figure out how to change physics constants.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Obviously the energy requirements are enormous, but given time, it's not impossible.

I recall an old reputable scientist of some renown say man would never fly. I think that was around 1890s and his name was Lord Kelvin.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cheezle Hab SoSlI' Quch! Registered Senior Member

The best way to change physical constants is to use the backspace key, then type in the new digits. The correct amount of energy to achieve hyper-drive is 700.887249823984293847293848923% of the energy content of Jupiter. OF course the value would change if you were basing it on the energy content of Saturn. For Saturn it would be 1307.9273409237409283492394823942309482 of the energy. But this is all "mute" due to the ability of advanced alien civilizations to just edit the values in their hyper-galactic web browser. This means that hyper-drive is achievable with the energy required to type in the new value via a few digital movements of the hand. A very small energy value. Please verify this with your telepathic space alien friends.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mazulu Banned Banned

There are reasons why the physics constants are what they are; but we don't know what that reason is. The mechanisms that enforce the laws of physics are also unknown to us at this time. I'm not sure if scientists are interested in this particular mystery. But if they were, and somehow figured it out, then we would be the advanced alien civilization, we would be the gods, we would be the ones who could cross the galaxy in a few weeks.

8. Mazulu Banned Banned

There are probably a set of invisible mechanisms somewhere that control the laws of physics. No wait, I got it. Since laws of physics don't change in time, they must somehow be outside of time.

9. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

laws do change in time, because time is related to space directly and quantum laws and macro-universe are clearly working in different physics laws.

10. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well, Dufuoe

I assume that realistically Aliens have all the resouces and or ablitiy to locate resources that they might need, seeing that the TECH has allowed them to travel the galaxtic range of space.

A more realistic attack on earth would be because a alien race would like controll over atomic chemisrty; So the aleins need controll over planetary motion, and solar motion in our solar system to controll atomic chemisrty in their solar system.
    In other words they attack earth for the controll of the basic fabiric that makes atomic chemistry stable in thier solar system. for the alien race to actually gain controll of atomic chemistry for thier solar system they would have to controll many different solar systems besides ours, as the base of atomic chemistry stablity requires the effects of more than one solar system.

For example humans would have to contol several hundred solar systems within our local star group within the galaxy to have stable control on atomic chemisrty in our solar system.

So the aliens that would attack earth would be trying to form a galaxtic empire, or be a galaxtic empire.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

11. Oblivion Registered Member

If you actually think about it the likeyhood that aliens exist is extremly high but the likelyhood that they exist anywhere near us or even in the same time frame is extremly low.

for instance say you where an alien race the first thing you are going to do is colonize your galaxy. then once you have colonized your galaxy you are going to expand slowly outwards from galaxy to galaxy. Now since there is billions of galaxys it could take a while intill you reach other intelligent life.

Now once there is your first thought really going to be Yah!!! We've found intelligent life now lets kill it. the odds are that the aliens wouldn't even interact with us becuase of the possibility of hostility's evolving and the defencelessness of us if violent action took place.

know lets say that didn't happen and that they evolved in are galaxy. Now if aliens evolved in are galaxy doesn't that also mean there could also be many other intelligent life in our galaxy each batteling it out for supremecy making us a minor concern.

The biggest problem i see with aliens is that as there empire expands and technology evolves so does the potential for self harm. I mean at the technological level were proposing what happens if civil war breaks out. Wouldn't you think that the possobility for self destruction would be huge i mean already we have the capabilities to wipe ourselves out (MAD). Dont you think that as civilisations get more advanced there weapon cababilities would increase tenfold.

You also have to realise that aliens could be incredibly different to us. They could have a hive mind and as a effect all be perfectly happy living in harmeny on the planet there own.

the biggest problem with us encountering aliens is the time period. we as humans have been around in the frame of things for a relatively short time. we could disappear from the face of things just as quickly as we came. now if this happened how long would everything we left behind last. 10,000 years maybe less is what i extimate. now if a alien civilisation existed came by this planet later on how would they know there had ever been intelligent life here.

The odds of aliens existing is relatively high. The odds of them existing in the same time frame as us and encountering us is relatively low. any number of catastrophes can occur to wipe a civilisation from the face of existance as quickly as they came a sun could explode or there galaxy could start dying. Or there entire galaxy could collide with another and they could be devoured by the black hole at its center.

On the issue of us fighting back against aliens, be serious!!! If they have achieved intergalatic travel i think that there is something a bit worse then nukes they can throw at us and nukes alone would do the job.

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Agreed....Just to add also, any species that has achieved inter-stellar/Galactic travel, should have everything they need at their disposal, and would not be coveting anything we have on Earth, and would obviously be a class 1, 2, or even higher on The Kardashev scale of civilisations.
    Plus I would also imagine that not wanting for much, along with their obvious super intelligence, they would have thrown off any aggressive tendencies iong ago

13. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well, The most advanced that a Alien attack gets is the destruction of a planetary body in the solar system, by this means the alein would destroy the prime rate of Chemistry for our solar system or Earth.
    Generally a alien race from our region of the galaxy would not destroy a planetary body in any solar system that effect atomic chemistry in their solar system, but they might create one (a Planetary body). but a alien race from outside of our local group of solar systems might destroy a planetary body in a space war.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

14. Boris2 Valued Senior Member

as far as alien intelligence goes, would they be more intelligent than us? take the Egyptian who built the pyramids, are we more intelligent than they were? or are we just more technologically advanced?

i can't see aliens wanting anything from us besides just curiosity. i also think that they may be so alien that any understanding between us will be impossible.

15. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well, Boris 2

There are six(6) solar systems that could harbor alien life more complexed and or advanced than our solar system, and their are a estimated 15 solar systems that could become advanced as we are. These are solar systems that are within are local group of stars.

The closest solar system aplha centauri is one of the most advance solar systems in our local groups of stars or solar systems, A alien from one of the six most advanced solar systems would think faster than us, as much as seven times faster in IQ (intelligence ratio) than humans, so a average alien would think about as fast as a human genius on earth.

Aliens from the six solar system would also be more biologically complexed, for a example alien might not need a mate to reproduce (meaning make babies). this might cause different social communication problems in the mental frame work of their development as social patterns generate colaberation and development.
    Being more biologically complexed causes other problems in traveling to other solar systems, where it would be easier for humans to adjust to or evolve in another solar system if they traveled to a solar system.

Our solar system is estimated to be the seventh most complexed solar system having 6 solar systems more advanced, on our planet we see most of the biological behavior that would exist in our local group of solar systems, this means that the behavior of a lizard may be the most advanced behavior in one of the the local solar systems or several solar systems, and we can exspect that lizards on earth behave just the same.

Remember that thier are 6 more advanced solar system and we do not see their behavior on earth. we only see the simular behavior of the alien life forms of lesser solar system on earth.

One Thing remains for all of the solar system that is of simular asperation or mental goal and that is flight, yes flying is something that is a simular behavior for all solar systems.

Alpha Centauri which is our closest solar system is also one of the most advanced solar system of the six, it stands to reason that alien life will come from such a solar system as we are thier closest solar system, for other reasons our solar system would be of interest to them, as well they will have a simular appearance to us,it is espected that they have 96 chromosomes or 4 chromeosome of the intelligent life form for that solar system, and they have about 100,000 genes.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

16. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

Dwayne you are making an array of baseless assumptions about probabilities of alien life in our own local vicinity and further expand on unproved grounds of their intellect and their similar design to our own kind.

Will birds who fly, take to the stars of the universe, a "flight" like a spirit of our own aspirations to fly? I think not. Their desires may lay elsewhere. There are many ways to expand in this universe...outward, inward, parallel.

17. Oblivion Registered Member

Dwayne just because a solar system is more complex doesn't mean the life will be any more so. for all you know the life there could be extremely basic and never evolve into intelligent life. Or life could be in the evolutionary stage or dinasours, or the life could evolve on a completly different way to that which has evolved on earth.

18. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Yes, I think it's likely that there is life out there even if it's rare there would still be a lot of it out there given the distances involved. However, until we find it elsewhere it's impossible to come up with any useful statistics.

Why have we not found it? I don't find that surprising at all. It would be almost mind boggling if we had found it. The nearest solar system is roughly 4 light years away. Even an advanced civilization isn't going to be travelling anywhere near the speed of light (IMO) so it wouldn't surprise me if no civilization ever found another civilization just due to distances.

The two civilizations have to be concurrent as well.

If a civilization advanced enough to make it here wants to attack us I don't think we can do anything about it. The history here on Earth of advanced civilizations being kind to newly discovered lands isn't very good so I think we had better hope that we don't find other lifeforms out there

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. Mazulu Banned Banned

No no, they're going to land here in real warp capable spaceships and offer to sell us their warp drive technology in return for as many barrels of treasure, gold coins and other valuables as we can come up with. At least that is how I imagine it.

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Ok. Let's give this a go.

The universe is a big place. It would be a bit depressing if it was just us here. Why no contact? Well, the universe is a big place.

It seems that intelligent life is rare in the universe (although Earth could be in some kind of quarantine until we improve ourselves, I guess). Therefore, any spacefaring civilisation that found us would be interested in us. Moreover, they would presumably be technologically advanced. They would have been able to wipe themselves out long before they found us. The fact that they didn't do that means that they are likely to be moderately sensible.

To summarise: I don't think they'd be hostile or indifferent. Probably, they'd be interested in us. We're interested in ants and platypuses and oak trees, aren't we?

Take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Why would any advanced alien race need to wipe out an inhabited planet for resources? That's a silly idea. There are plenty of resources out there in space, uncluttered by wimpy forms of life like us.

But if they wanted to wipe us out and take our resources they could do it with neutron bombs (nice, because they don't damage the resources - they just kill the pesky wildlife). Or (more likely, perhaps), they could simply engineer an appropriately virulent micro-organism that specifically kills human beings. That would take out most of us, then they could mop up the survivors with some ground troops if necessary.

It's unlikely we'd have any chance against really superior technology. The alien capabilities would be like magic to us. It would be like us going back in time and hitting the ancient Romans with Taser guns. I don't think we'd just lie down and wait to die, but resistance would likely be futile.

They'd have all the standard stuff: the ray guns, the flying cars, the invisibility suits, the neural implants, the robot interfaces, the genetic modifications etc. But the really interesting stuff they'd have would be the things we can't imagine.

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Great minds think alike James...either that or you are reading mine!

22. Mazulu Banned Banned

If aliens really wanted to kick our ass, they would use their gravity drives to change the trajectory of asteroids and pummel us with meteors. But they love us. We're like babies in a crib to them.