Games you've given up on?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by darksidZz, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seagypsy Banned Banned

As Neverfly mentioned. I got Skyrim excited that it would be a continuance of Oblivion only with dragons. Maybe I am just too old for video games but the controls are a freaking mindf*ck for me. I can't get anything to work. I haven't left the first town yet after being released from incarceration when the dragons attack. I keep getting killed by guards cuz I can't figure out how to move my arms to fight back.

My oldest son, who lives with his dad, likes the game so I gave him my steam account. That's another thing that pissed me off. I will never buy another game that requires steam. I like to be able to sell a piece of crap game to recoup my loss but you can't when its through steam. And it isn't like they will disable your game key and refund the money you spent if the game sucks. And it makes renting impossible too, so I can't rent the game to try it before buying it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Balerion Banned Banned

As tempted as I have been in the past to build myself a beast PC and game like a madman on it, the inability to trade games in or buy them used really kills the incentive. It means that you always pay retail, rather than actual market value, and never get to make any of it back. To contrast, I purchased Dishonored for $60 about a week ago, returned it for $30 (which is a total rip-off, since they sell used new releases for minimal discount at Gamestop) and put it towards another game that I actually wound up enjoying. While I regret ultimately losing half of my investment, it's still a better outcome than if I had bought it for PC. True, the game would have been $10 less, but I wouldn't have gotten any of my money back thanks to the absurd DRM.

Seagypsy, I believe GameFly has a kind of PC game rental service. From what I understand, the titles aren't always brand-new, but it might be better than nothing.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

Pong.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. seagypsy Banned Banned

I've been thinking about GameFly. But as it is I waste too much time here on sciforums and playing The Settlers Online as it is. I almost always cram to get my course work done at the last moment. Until I am finished with school, will have my degree this coming summer, I need to chill out on collecting more distractions.

8. Superduff Registered Member

help me change my profile picture

I tried to change my profile picture, i selected a random image and it started loading but it never completed. Yes, i'm talking about my Avatar/Profile picture which doesn't responds. Even if the loading gets completed, the profile picture does not shows..
    Help me please

9. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Well guys I gave up on Hydrophobia Prophecy at the boss, I was trying to kill this robot thing by shooting it's ports after it fired, but I had to use telekinesis / water power to move the explosive barrels upward and hit it, I did this successfully but then after you hit it once many enemies come out of the doors and attack you while the robot tries killing you, I was finding it just to hard to handle and I missed hitting it with the barrels often, so I gave up and just watched the ending online. It was pretty lame, no real ending just the evil woman dies. Oh well

10. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

All of them.
    Especially shooters. As soon as you start getting good, forty million ADD kids start screaming "hacks" and move on to the next release so they can start the cycle again without ever once admitting that they might just be shit at whatever it was they were playing.

Nietzsche, you suck.

11. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

is settlers online any good?

12. Promo Registered Senior Member

Had a credit from Amazon and I ordered the Skyrim walk through. Got the book in yesterday and looked at the size of it....I no longer have a desire to play this game. My attention span isn't that long.

13. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

What did I say? ADD.

14. Promo Registered Senior Member

I just feel like no matter what game it is all the same. Change the skins, weapons etc but it still ends up. Go here, do this quest, give this thing to this person-start new quest blah blah blah. I get into these games initially forgetting how much I don’t like video games lol. Must be my Bi-polarness

15. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

You got it. go do something more useful for you.

Learn to play a musical instrument. Learn a language. Read.

Games are drugs. If you can play and go, you're ok. If you're one of those who smokes a pipe and get hooked.... it's up to you. Get the fuck out, if you can.

I haven't played a single game for three months, and in that time I've picked up and guitar and am trying to learn to play it. What's value to you?
    Go read "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" or something.

16. Promo Registered Senior Member

Since we’re getting off topic I don’t play to many games, when I do it’s in 20-30 minute bursts every couple of days. I am currently training my dog, learning about GSR ratio trading, starting an eBay store and painting. So yea I feel like I am kind of productive. Not to mention raising 2 kids by myself ½ of every week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.