Genetics Trasformation

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Kumar, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Kumar Registered Senior Member

I therefore asked tell me the procedure. May develop organs.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

you can't develop organs without the organism at the moment and I doubt we could within the next 50 years, or even after that.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kumar Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

see my chapter in 'Bio implant interface - improving biomaterials and tissue reactions' on stem cells in teeth.

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Rejuvenation. Dr. Richard Seed, one of the leading proponents of human cloning technology, suggests that it may someday be possible to reverse the aging process because of what we learn from cloning.

that is not cloning and just an opinion

Human cloning technology could be used to reverse heart attacks. Scientists believe that they may be able to treat heart attack victims by cloning their healthy heart cells and injecting them into the areas of the heart that have been damaged. Heart disease is the number one killer in the United States and several other industrialized countries.

growing cells in culture is not cloning

There has been a breakthrough with human stem cells. Embryonic stem cells can be grown to produce organs or tissues to repair or replace damaged ones. Skin for burn victims, brain cells for the brain damaged, spinal cord cells for quadriplegics and paraplegics, hearts, lungs, livers, and kidneys could be produced. By combining this technology with human cloning technology it may be possible to produce needed tissue for suffering people that will be free of rejection by their immune systems. Conditions such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, diabetes, heart failure, degenerative joint disease, and other problems may be made curable if human cloning and its technology are not banned.

speculation and based on stem cell technology, not cloning

Infertility. With cloning, infertile couples could have children. Despite getting a fair amount of publicity in the news current treatments for infertility, in terms of percentages, are not very successful. One estimate is that current infertility treatments are less than 10 percent successful. Couples go through physically and emotionally painful procedures for a small chance of having children. Many couples run out of time and money without successfully having children. Human cloning could make it possible for many more infertile couples to have children than ever before possible.
    why not adopt? Especially since cloned animals often have severe health problems.

Plastic, reconstructive, and cosmetic surgery. Because of human cloning and its technology the days of silicone breast implants and other cosmetic procedures that may cause immune disease should soon be over. With the new technology, instead of using materials foreign to the body for such procedures, doctors will be able to manufacture bone, fat, connective tissue, or cartilage that matches the patients tissues exactly. Anyone will able to have their appearance altered to their satisfaction without the leaking of silicone gel into their bodies or the other problems that occur with present day plastic surgery. Victims of terrible accidents that deform the face should now be able to have their features repaired with new, safer, technology. Limbs for amputees may be able to be regenerated.

once again, tissue culture is not cloning. Regeneration is actually a very complex process, which only a few species have mastered. We haven't got the faintest clue how they do it.

Breast implants. Most people are aware of the breast implant fiasco in which hundreds of thousands of women received silicone breast implants for cosmetic reasons. Many came to believe that the implants were making them ill with diseases of their immune systems. With human cloning and its technology breast augmentation and other forms of cosmetic surgery could be done with implants that would not be any different from the person's normal tissues.
    that is not cloning

Defective genes. The average person carries 8 defective genes inside them. These defective genes allow people to become sick when they would otherwise remain healthy. With human cloning and its technology it may be possible to ensure that we no longer suffer because of our defective genes.

if you clone a person you clone also the 8 defective genes + numorous alterations to the DNA, which can cause many defects at older ages

Down's syndrome. Those women at high risk for Down's syndrome can avoid that risk by cloning.
    and have a high risk of other defects

Tay-Sachs disease. This is an autosomal recessive genetic disorder could be prevented by using cloning to ensure that a child does not express the gene for the disorder
    liver failure. We may be able to clone livers for liver transplants
    kidney failure. We may be able to clone kidneys for kidney transplants
    that is not cloning, that is making a transgenic. How do you make a kidney?

na ja...and it goes on.

9. Kumar Registered Senior Member

OK as you say. Misprinting ! not cloning. But still do you agree on all these mentionings?

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

11. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Then what!! Nature is/may not be happy with us now & in future. May not take care of us as it is entitled to balance not to correct the created imbalances. So, we may have to handle it ourselves by our own means with equivalent technologies.:m:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

i think that you have a strange view on nature.

13. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Truth can look like strange because dificult to accept or follow.

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

History has taught us that people who claim to know to truth are usually mentally ill.

15. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Means, truth is not existing or most are mentally ill?

16. blackholesun Registered Senior Member

Nothing to difficult to accept or follow. You just plain don't make sense. You say you have an open mind but guess what? You're so locked into your thinking that silica and homeopathy are interconnected (without any proof, mechanism, valid theory or experimentation) and you claim that nature is somehow "mad" at us. You come to a forum dedicated to science but you desicrate with your belief system what science is. You try to impose your belief system onto us without any proof and you claim to know how the world works but I've failed to see any correctness in ANY of your posts in any of your threads so far. And because you celebrate the fact that you think you know what is best for us, I believe you're a crackpot because of it. If I was sick, I certainly wouldn't ask you for advice.

17. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Whatever you say can say because you consider it as your HOME not ours. Proving or finding logics on any existing aspect is also a part of science. You see my topics like PE, what I am doing, I am trying to find only science or logic of existiong aspects but not yet proved in science language. About silica, just read 'Dr.Schussler biochemic twelve tissue remedies system' you can find 60-70% of all disorders are covered by homeopathic doses of silica. How! this is not an existing proof. One day or the other, when God will be on mercy to us, then all these things will be followed, but certainly not now.

If we accept all CS new technologies, why we hesitate for cloning. This is also a new technology like other current technologies?/

18. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

the first succesful cloning was done in 1952.

19. Kumar Registered Senior Member

May be.Then the history of other scientific facts may be farther long back.

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

not may be...

in 1952 Briggs and Kings did the first somatic nuclear transfer on a frog. They used the nuclei of blastula cells though. In 1956 they used nuclei from more advanced stages.

and once again, you assume too much. Just because they cloned the fist animal already in 1952 it doesn't mean that other scientific facts are even be farther back. It has to be reviewed on a case basis.

and cloning is not a fact, it was the development of several techniques who when put together made somatic nuclear transfer possible.

21. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Thanks. But it may not be now fully scientific but can become afterwords if experiments are continuing.

Sometimes, I suspect about natural cloning.

22. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

what experiments?

23. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Improving the technique for cloning of damaged orgons.

You have any idea about natural cloning. Is it possible that in some rare circumstances, the offspring is from one partner only. We do sometimes found that few persons are 90% alike one partner.