George Bush Is Greedy

Discussion in 'World Events' started by JimmyJames, Feb 6, 2003.

1. JimmyJames Master Jedi Registered Senior Member

Okay you guys have probably already talked about this, but I wasn't here so let me bring it up...

Our President, George Bush is a greedy, and power hungry. I am only a freshmen in high school, and I can see this. This tax cut only effects five percent of our country, and on top of that the people who fall in that "five percent" are people who make over 300 thousand dollars a year. This tax cut clearly benifits the rich and does nothing for the poor. Oh, but wait Bush is rich so it's alright. I don't understand how America cannot realize what is happening, because honestly even the republicans should be banging at the door of the White House. To me with people like George Bush in office this country has no where to go.

-----

Next, I would like to address the issue of the potential war with Iraq. There is much to say on this subject, so until my next post.

Moderator Edit – Added thread title

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2003
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

That could come in handy at work

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RichardJA Banned Banned

Well Jimmy, the theory is that by giving the wealthy a tax break, they will then go out and spend that money, putting it back into the economy. Where giving said tax break to the poor wont exactly stimulate the economy.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

yeahh..theoretically speaking, that would make sense.. but do you think that is really wats gonna happen? most trends have shown that tax benefits make middle class famililes spend the extra cash vs upper class families... i'll have to find a source for that but i do remember reading that somewhere...

8. Coldrake Registered Senior Member

True. The wealthy won't put the money back into the economy as a rule.

9. RichardJA Banned Banned

I don't think that is what will happen with this tax break, there are a number of reasons. The instability caused by a war. Second, the US economy is stuffed. Third, a lot of wealthy people are investing off shore and also looking at moving offshore.

The US is about to reach the, I think, 6 trillion dollar ceiling it's put on it's debts, bush's people are off to ask congress to increase the limit. I don't see anyway but down for the US. The banks are struggling to cope with all the companies going bankrupt.

10. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

so how is this gonna help the domestic economy??

11. RichardJA Banned Banned

It wont help. Bush's war will cause many problems in America. Expect to see more airline declare bankruptcy. Something the airlines themselves tried to tell Bush a war on Iraq would do. Expect to see more major company's going bankrupt. The US economy is in the toilet, the button has been flushed, and there is shit all that can be done now while Bush continues his rampage across America.

12. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

PROTEST.

What ended the Vietman war?

PROTEST.

Just do it.

13. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

i have a feeling it will take a lot more than just protesting.. i hope im wrong

14. RichardJA Banned Banned

This is what interest me, protesting. The anti war protest in DC drew special attention, what kind? The military photographing and video taping those who were protesting.

15. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Syco: If you know something not involving terrorism that is more effective, please let me know and I will do it.

16. jps Valued Senior Member

I agree, but protesting can't hurt, and at least it will let people know that there is another side to this than what they're hearing from the corporate media.
    Ultimately, as support builds for this movement, we can escalate to civil disobediance/direct actions which will be harder for people to ignore.

17. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

No need to escalate: Busheviks are certain to do that for us. If activists don't want to get smeared, they had better be reading up on Ghandi now.

18. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

ahhhh.. why you gotta bring in restrictions hype.. i have a nifty lil catapult that can hurl things at least couplea hundred metres... we could go to DC and try shootin some shit towards the white house... we can be creative with the contents of what we hurl

i agree.. we need to push this to the max...

19. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

That would be certainly draw some attention, Syco!

Call me a chicken, I'm going to stick to my "DISARM DUBYA!" sign.

20. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

i donno what you are trynna say richardja

vs

my response...

your response...

this takes me back to your first response...

what you trynna say dude.. :bugeye:

21. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

dont worry hype.. im trynna procure a nuke from the black market.. we'll send a real 1945 style msg to the white house

22. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

You're such a relief, Sycoindian!

23. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

& Syco: careful about some jokes & your identity.

I'm not kidding. If things go really badly, they will come for you.