George Bush Is Greedy

Discussion in 'World Events' started by JimmyJames, Feb 6, 2003.

1. RichardJA Banned Banned

because that is the theory behind giving the wealthy the tax break, but in today's situation it wont work. If Bush wasn't on his war path then there would be more stability and it would work. From what I can see of the US economy Bush has very little left to try to stimulate the economy.

If America wasn't going to war, this tax break would put a substantial amount of money back into the economy, but the instability of this war will mean those who get it will invest the money in other areas, mostly outside of the US. So although the theory is that it will stimulate the economy, this time it wont. I can only guess that Bush's people seem to think that the US is stable enough that investors, etc would put the money back into the US. But alas, investors are fleeing the US.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

i guess ur correct in this scenario... but i still feel that if there wasn't an impending war, the wealthy wouldn't really invest in the local market... just cuz how the stock market has fluctuated in the last yr.. well, there are different areas to invest in... middle class families are more inclined to spend the extra dough.. but ur right... all the investors are keepin the cash to themselves or investin outside... just look at the price of gold these days.. its crazy...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

thanx for watchin my back hype... dont worry... i already have an underground mansion in antarctica.. that's where im headin when shit goes down..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I was thinking the South Pacific might be nice, myself.

8. ibadreamer Registered Senior Member

what else do you think the rich do

you say the rich aren't investing the money they will save on taxes. what do you think they are doing with it? stuffing it in their mattress, hiding it in the yard, letting it sit in their savings account. i think they are buying things, houses, cars, boats. room additions. swimming pools and so on. those are the things that keep us poor people working. as for the rich people getting the tax break well i think that makes sense as the poor people dont pay any tax so what good would it do to give them a tax break. from a poor tax paying contractor