Ghost caught on Dover Castle CCTV

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Magical Realist, Sep 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Not really. The spider's movement is very twitchy and shakey implying being on a web. The figure we see in the videos is smooth and landscape directional. It hides behind a wall. It goes out onto the street, becoming smaller as it goes away from us. And then it returns via the same path to the wall. Nothing buggy about this at all.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I'll make a new one tomorrow then, one that he might find more interesting.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I pulled the web, so that accounts for the twitching.
    As for the hiding part and going out onto the street part, those are entirely your interpretations. They're wild guesses at best.
    And the "becoming smaller as it goes away from us. And then it returns via the same path"-thing... yup, nothing at all like a spider

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

What about your claims?
    Are you going to retract those or what?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Have you got a CCTV camera to do it with?

8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

For whatever reason threads like these generate a lot of interest in this group. So I see myself as doin some good here. People can test theories and analyze evidence, and I can show evidence of the paranormal. We both win!

9. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

No..I already posted a video of bugs on a CCTV lens and that's what the bugs look like. So my statements stand.

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

So you deny that a 'bug' could appear as a semi-transparent blob on film when it's out of focus?

11. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

"evidence of the paranormal"

There's evidence and evidence.
    A Christian might see resolution to some difficult problem after prayer
    is evidence of God's working in the world.
    That is a reasonable point of view.
    But it is a different thing from scientific evidence.

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

The principle is the same.

13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

On a CCTV camera? Yes..

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Now you are just trolling MR... I cannot accept that you would actually be that dumb to not understand why your previous statement is worthy of the picard double facepalm...

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

16. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Spare me your repetitive facepalms. You're insulting me now. Do you think that is proper for a moderator to do?

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I see lots of lights and shadows from cars driving past... nothing even remotely "ghostly"

I am actually complimenting you - I KNOW you are smarter than you are acting.

Tell me the difference between a standard camcorder and a CCTV camera. I'm sure you know it.

18. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Absolutely... an thers no need for one side or the other to be "crushed" (or baned).!!!
    Its good that both sides can present ther evidence for discussion... an science will surly survive readers makin up ther own minds after viewin the evidence.!!!

19. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Possibly.
    I think that the video where the insect was fully in focus was unusual.
    I have spent time searching through CCTV videos, as work, not for the fun of it,
    and I've never seen an insect.

I would guess that most CCTV cameras:
    Have a wide angle view,
    Have a wide depth of field.

But to have such a wide depth of field that an insect is visible on the lens.
    Uncommon, I think.

20. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

I wish people would avoid the of the word "troll",
    to mean having a contrary opinion.

The word "dumb" is insulting.
    If MR reacts in kind, he will probably get a ban.

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

So.. by me saying that he is too smart to actually believe that an insect would look so vastly different on a CCTV camera as opposed to a regular camera, I am somehow insulting him...

how does that even work!?

Nah, CCTV cameras often aren't that special - most of the times, the only "cool" feature is PTZ - Pan, Tilt Zoom, letting you move the camera remotely. Other than that, they aren't all that specialized except in certain situations (state parks, where they need a super-wide angle, yet the ability to zoom in real close, for example)

22. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

More reasons this is NOT a spider:

1) Presumably the spider's web is in front of the lens. Yet the spider only shows up these 2 times in all the time the camera is on? Very unlikely. What does the spider do? Go on vacation?

2) The shape of the apparition is long and vertical. That doesn't suggest any spider I know of. It also moves like a walking figure.

3) Given the size of the shape, any movement would be sudden and very fast relative to the scene in the background. A spider moving 2 inches at that close of a proximity would translate into moving across the screen in like a half a second. We don't see that sort of movement from the apparition. It moves at a rate of speed consistent with someone actually walking on the ground. It is also about the size of the security guard, which is consistent with being a real figure.

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Doesn't preclude the possibility of it being any of virtually thousands of other insect species simply happening to walk across the lens... no need for a web involved.

The shape is a vaguely vertical blob at best - calling it humanoid even is being extremely generous. As to it 'moving like a walking figure', I don't see any locomotion of legs nor arms.

I can walk several times faster than that blob was moving. You are assuming that an insect moving across the lens would necessarily have to be moving quickly - there are some, such as the smaller ants, that tend to move rather slowly (from our perspective) - after all, they have tiny legs.

What I would like to see is a live feed from this camera over the course of several days. I have no doubt in my mind that, if this isn't a chance encounter with an insect, some sort of pattern will emerge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.