Girls of Sciforums, Please Enlighten Me

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by TruthSeeker, Feb 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

BECAUSE! That's the way the universe works! If you want to be the odd one waiting for the right girl to make a move, you'll be waiting till you turn blue. Which you're always welcome to do, of course, since the univierse not only will overlook that but also will go on as if you never existed.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Flores Registered Senior Member

So what is your criteria for becoming attracted to a man? and don't say sex, you're deeper than that...be honest please.

And what's wrong with settling...Don't we all eventually have to settle?

I settled for my man for the simple reason that noone else on this planet will be able to put up with me like he is able to do so well.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

This sounds kinda... prejudicial...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ScRaMbLe Chaos Inc. Registered Senior Member

Perhaps they prefer guys who can spell

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I used to say that too. But then I worked out that the chicks that hit on me first, generally (in my experience) weren't the kind of girls I wanted to go out with. If there were two chicks and I liked the look of one of em, it always seemed to be the other one which would end up hittin on me. So I figured, if I move on them first, that way I get to choose! And NO I'm not passing any kind of generalization about chicks that hit on guys, there is nothing wrong with it, just speaking about my own personal experience.

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Hey! What did I spell wrong!?

Well... there was once this realy pretty Japanese girl in my choir. I never really paid attention to her and she didn't look much interesting at first. Later on, she revealed to me that she liked me. It was just before Christmas. I was so happy because Christams would be more meaningful to me. Half an hour later, she told me she was going to go back to Japan on the next day...:/

Oh well... not having much luck here...
    Well ok...
    ...Maybe my homestay syster...

9. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Ug, can't believe I'm writing in a Nelson thread.
    Ah, I was actually talking with a friend of mine last night and realized since I was 13 I've always had at least one really close female friend, and with every single one of them something non platonic has happened.

First girl and I dated - started at a party
    Second girl and I dated - she asked me out
    Third girl asked me out once and I was an idiot about it
    Fourth girl and I hooked up randomly
    Fifth girl had a boyfriend (has, actually) and there were huge issues about her liking me
    Sixth girl and I have hooked up and we're still very close friends

I don't know what your problem is Nelson, I don't seem to be able to stop my friends from turning into more.

For one Nelson, telling a girl she's pretty doesn't mean jack shit. If you do it in an awkward Nelson sort of way, of course she'll be uncomfortable. But even if you do it in passing or very smoothly, it's not going to make her like you any more. If it does, you've found one dumb girl.

Secondly, stop caring so goddamn much. I know it's the cliche answer - but you sound ridiculously desperate. You sound like the most desperate, needy man on the planet in every one of your posts about women.
    This isn't wierd at all. It makes perfect sense. Girls look for completely different things in their friends and their romances. So do guys, for that matter.
    If you're bitching about not getting any - obviously you have too high standards.

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Read my first post...

I don't tell them they are pretty. I have been too concerned to make them feel like objects or something of the sort. It is sad, but true. I'm changing tough...

I'm caring. It is my nature. You should know that by now...

I don't... For me there is no difference between a friendship or romance besides the fact that I can have a friendship with a guy but no romance with a guy. And also, of course, how comfortable I feel to get into such a relationship. That's all...

I was joking on that post. I can't believe nobody gets the joke...

11. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Not that kind of caring Nelson. I know you think you aren't - but everyone here has told you you sound whiny and desperate. If everyone says that, isn't it a clue? Like can't you at least take into consideration? To not realize there is some truth in it is to simply be willingly ignorant.
    Then you have no concept of how normal humans function. A girl who's a friend to me does not mean I want a relationship with her. I have had plenty of female friends I've not had an interest in. Most people are able to tell the difference between romantic feelings and friendship - but it only comes from experience.
    It's because you're not funny

12. Silverback Registered Senior Member

Ok, more of my two cents worth. Eh, more like random babble this time.

I also have had the experience of a girl who likes me, but I only find out when it is too late. In fact, in one case it turned out she liked me a lot, had for a long time, and EVERYONE knew it, even my sister who was in college hundreds of miles away! And no one, not her, not anyone, said a word to me about it!

Very frustrating.

Ummm, about the four kids thing. Life doesn't work out that way. You will have however many kids you have. If you get married and have one kid, then for whatever reason you and/or your wife can't have any more children, what then? Divorce and remarry? No, you need to put your priorities in order and realize that the universe won't budge an inch to accommodate you.

And if you are only 20 and have already decided on 4 kids, and (dear god, I hope not) decided what order they will appear in, Male, Female, Male, Female... picked names and personalities for them... Then re-read the previous paragraph. All or any of that would scare the hell out of any sane girl your age anyhow.

Plans are fine, but at your age it should be more like random musings than a set-in-stone roadmap. What if you meet the girl of your dreams and her dreams are a bit different than yours? Love is a two way street.

13. Bells Staff Member

HAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Oh my God! Truth, where does one even begin? HAHA HA HA HAHAHAAA HA HAHAAAHA HAAHAHA AHAHAHAAA!!

Truth, I think you're beyond enlightenment. Stop being so damned mamby pamby and get a life. You're not even 20 yet and you've already decided that you want to have 4 kids because it's your lucky number? Does the poor girl who finally settles for you have a say in it? Luckily for her your lucky number is not 15

. Could it be a reason that women just say 'no' because you tell them all these things? I know I'd sure as hell have run a mile if a guy told me such a thing.

Not all women are the same Truth. Some silly women may find your sweet caring attitude to be 'cute', but some may also find it annoying, especially after they read that questionaire.. ugh.. someone get me a bucket, I feel sick!

14. Silverback Registered Senior Member

Oh, I had forgotten that was the reason for the four kids things. Frankly Truth, if you have one kid and it has four functional limbs, get down on your knees and kiss your wifes feet and the mother earth because that is "luckier" than what some people get in this life.

15. Dude, I just have one thing to say to you. You aren't even old enough to drink. Point taken, WHY ARE YOU WORRYING ABOUT ALL THAT CRAP!? I'll give you my suggestion, from my own point of view, and it's not even that hard.

You only live once right? So live life to the fullest if not, live life free of regrets.

I mean, yeah you want a girlfriend cause your lonely, but do you SERIOUSLY want kids at 20 years old? I mean, no offense, but you've barely lived your life. I'm not saying you haven't done anything, but you've only lived 20 years, half of which you probably haven't had control over until not to long ago. (Again I don't know you or how you have lived your life so I suppose you could say I'm generalizing.) Cause you can do what you want when your 18, unless your like me in my case where your mother has let you have a fuckload of freedom since your teenage years, but I'd have to say a lot of parents probably aren't to leinient on their childrens activities. Again I'm generalizing.

Why bother? It's just the way it is, and has been for ages. There are exceptions of course, (there's exceptions to almost everything) but it's like one of those things you just have to deal with. All women are different, deal with life and it's consequences. Everything happens for a reason. (Course that's my own philosophy but it changes no different to me.)

Just live life one day at a time and chill man, quit stressing over bullshit. I'm sure you had good intentions with this thread but isn't that how it always is?

I mean, I wouldn't know what to do if I covered everything, like Bells said; where does one start? Don't take my post offensive but maybe take some of the shit I said and think about it. Cause I'm loving life just because I'm doing what I want hence life free of regrets. I dont want to think back, and in your case, think 'maybe I should have done that or this' ya feel me bro?

Meh, I'll shut up hahaha peace. :m:

I just wish I was 20. It'd mean 1 more year to drink legally.

(Granted that'd be THE ONLY reason hahaha. I'm savoring the youth! >:})

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2004
  16. ScRaMbLe Chaos Inc. Registered Senior Member

Truthsooker - listen to all these guys (and bells). They are right.

Damn, fool. Everyone wants to be considered attractive, doesn't make them an object.

17. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

"I'd go so far as to say truthseeker is a pathetic joke of a human being. If he and I were cave men in the same tribe I would have clubbed him to death by now with the femur bone of a musk oxen and eaten his soft flesh.
    So don't complain TS, you mightn't be getting stanky on the hang down but at least you live in a cushy and forgiving society that allows such a pathetic individual as yourself to survive.

They don't like you, you are not appropriate breeding material, subconsciously and genetically(and maybe consciously as well if they are sharp) they believe you are not worthy of passing on your genes, by extension the human species as a whole sees your seed as destructive rather than constructive to the cause that is the betterment of the human race. And so the laws of sexual selection do their best to prevent you from producing offspring.

Your purpose? Your destiny? You are nutrients. That is why you exist, to become food for other organisms. Maybe you also play a role in making other more adequate males more attractive in the eyes of females by comparison. You are important, just not in the way you hoped."

- is what I would have said had I not felt sorry for you.

As it stands;
    Keep trying, the right girl is out there for you man, you just haven't found her yet

18. ScRaMbLe Chaos Inc. Registered Senior Member

19. Silverback Registered Senior Member

Dr Lou, I have to say, that is right up there with Xev with
    as one of the funniest things I have read this week.

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Men...

Anways...
    Why were you saying that again? I don't even remember where you got the idea that I'm desperate...
    Not that kind of caring? Which "kind" of "caring" then...?

I'm not talking about interest, I'm talking about potential. Just the fact that a girl is my friend, the fact that she is a girl already makes it a potential. Of course, I prefer some girl over others, but that's a whole other story.

I don't care. Just because you or other people say that I'm not funny, that won't make me totally give up on it. I used to be funny and people would be mean to me... now I'm too serious and people say that I'm too serious, so... people really don't know what they want... :bugeye:
    I prefer just being myself...

21. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Yes indeed... But that is not a reason for people to say that you are a loser or desperate, right...?

That's not so likely to happen. It is more likely that there will be no problem. I like kids, and I plan to have four. If it doesn't happen, than what? I don't know. But at least one kid I would want...

No... I didn't decided all that. Altough I would love to have a girl...

I'm not worried about all that now. I just want to have fun...

22. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

In the beginning...?

Oh... you are one of those girls that go out with jerks? Maybe....
    No, I don't want 4 because it is my lucky number. That was another joke. I want four cause I love kids...

That's because you are not the kind of girl I would ever like...

23. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I will thank God for that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.