Girls of Sciforums, Please Enlighten Me

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by TruthSeeker, Feb 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

The only difference between you and me is that I care about others and you actually don't. You just defend yourself, but you don't really care if you hurt people while defending yourself. You seem to know that society is wrong and exclusive. That's right. But if you hate people, that won't make society any better. It will actually make it worse.
    Just be more patient and forgiving to people. Nobody is perfect. You cannot expect anyone to be perfect. You cannot expect people not to hurt you or not to be mean to you. It will probably happen. It is just the way you receive it and react that makes a difference.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Did you read at all what I said, just a couple of messages before his?
    *sigh...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Silverback Registered Senior Member

Indeed I did. Did you read which part of Shmoo's message I chose to quote? We all have to accept certain realities in this world, myself included. Is that an impossible quest? I don't think so. I think you can rise to the challenge, uh, ok, probabaly not the best choice of words there... but I think you gather my meaning.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Nelson, you've yet to reply to my message at all.

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Again... is it weakness to challenge the whole world?

I almost never take Nietzsche seriously. He is too pessimistic and exagerate things. There aren't much I like about him. There was one quote from him that I liked... but I forgot how it goes...

It means nothing because people are educated to think that way...

People are too worried about their money and their lives to live for others like Jesus did, or to at least consider other people. This individualistic society only create selfishness and greed. Too bad... I wish people would at least be brave enough to challenge it.

So what? They feel jealous? Well.. that's too bad. If that is right, than I will have to sacrifice having a family for the sake of trying to make this world a better place. If people would at least understand that love is a virtue, and not a simple chemical reaction that happens in your brain (which should be labeled as "sexual attraction"), than this world could become much better and we could have peace. Do you understand that if you love someone you don't hurt that person? Do you understand that if you would love people just because they exist, and recognize and accept their imperfections and differences you can avoid a whole lot of suffering?

Than why I keep sacrificing myself and my time for people...?

Which "love"? Are you talking about sexual attraction again?

That's not true. I can give up my dreams for the sake of people.

Do you want a list? Why should I prove it to you? What do you want me to do? To brag about myself to everyone? And than you go and say that I'm arrogant? I'm not here to show off. I don't like telling people the good things I do. It makes me feel umcomfortable. Besides, the Bible tells us not to brag about what we do.

9. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Sorry, I didn't see it. There were too many on that page...

I never complain about it with anyone around me.

Read the post I wrote for ScRaMbLe and Silverback again....

There's often a fine line between friendship and a more intimate relationship. Most girls that I asked out and said "no" told me that they didn't know me well enough to go out with me. They said that friendship is the base of any mpre intimate relationship. I always tell them that this is often not true. So I agree with you on the fact that friendship is not really the way. But that is not what they say, adn I report that to you and others.

Not everyone has the same luck as you do. I'm quite poor compared to people all around me. I have no family of my own, and my only family is about 11,000 Km away. I need a job to finish paying school because my dad will soon or later run out of money. I'm a photographer and pianist, and I can't do anything to sell my work here, because I'm forbidden to work in Canada. I lose marks on school because I try to starty an acting club and not even my friends show up. I lose 20% of marks on an Astronomy Assignment because I let a guy see my stuff and he actually copied it down. My church knows about my financial difficulties and they gave two bursaries to two Canadian students...

I could go on and on...

"Freedom" is an entire issue on its own. I'm not going to talk about the idea of "freedom" we have in our society.
    As for all the other stuff, do you realise that there are at least 5 billion people out there in this world that has almost nothing compared to what you do? And do you know that many people in Canada can't have a post-secondary education just because they don't have enough money. you are rich Tyler. Maybe you don't deserve to be rich. I would say nobody does. But I believe everyone should have at least an opportunity to live an enjoyable life. And that is not what happens. That's because we have suffering.
    Have you ever read about Sidharta? Here's my advice: look outside your castle. Find out why people suffer.

I don't have all that. In fact, I have almost nothing that I actually value. I don't have peace, because I worry too much about this world, and about how I'm going to survive. I don't have happiness because I see suffering all around me. Do you know what I believe is the most beautiful thing on the universe? Have you read the thread "Interview with Christ"? At some point, I asnwered it. It is the smile in someone's face. And of course, a baby on my arms, but that is just for me. But if others are not happy, and I can't make this world any better, than my existance suddenly become completely meaningless.

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry. It was just automatic...

Well... I don't think we need to accept all realities. There are things that we cannot change. But can we make this world a better place? Do you believe you acn do anything to make a positive difference? I don't believe in capitalism. In fact, I'm anarchist. Not in the old fashion way, but I'm kinad an anarchist. I believe that the education system should be more focused on teaching children some values, rather than teaching them things that are commonly useless such as chemistry (unless you become a chemist or something like that).

11. Tyler Registered Senior Member

My guess is it's probably them letting you down softly. I've never experienced the same thing. And it's the type of thing I'd say to let someone down softly.
    I also will have to pay for my education, a lot of us are in that boat. It doesn't make life any less satisfying.
    If you're any good at acting, just join a company.
    Yes I do. In fact, that is exactly what makes me so satisfied with my life. I have it absolutely insanely easy compared to the majority of people. And so do you Nelson. If that fact alone does not make you happy, not a lot will.
    My parents make a lot of money. However, they have made it more than clear that it's not for me. Chances are they'll give me about $2,000 for education next year. The rest is up to me to figure out, same as you and all the others.
    Once again...
    I have music, friends, love, travel, education (I have access to it, as do you, whether either of takes it is up to us alone). Are there any of these you don't have Nelson? Because I consider the above to mean I've lived a fulfilled life so far.
    What a shame. Often all it takes is a good jam (music, not jelly) to make me feel complete.

12. Shmoo The CzarnaChapka Registered Senior Member

You're right, I guess you didn't mean anything when you said:

What is an insult is that people like you are still around, and the worse is that there are girls/boys that like people like you.

you are still an animal, just like a lion

It is funny how a weak/imcompetent person can have such a philosophy and audacy to challenge the entire system of the entire planet...

Xev is a masochist. She likes getting hurt.

You challenge SHIT my friend, all you do is COMPLAIN- and CRY. Do you see the difference? I don't understand how complaining makes you tough. If anything complaining makes you appear weak. (Needless and incessant whining is closer to what I'm talking about.)
    You pondered earlier why women did not want to be your mate even though you had the looks and "the love".

Last edited: Feb 24, 2004
  13. Silverback Registered Senior Member

Apology accepted.

Ahh, Capitalism vs Anarchy and the education system? Start a thread and I will gladly discuss it there, although you may not find me as agreeable in your way of thinking.

lol,

No, but one of my points in my previous messages and in quoting Shmoo is that don't expect to be able to plan everything, that's all. Take it from me, I am more than twice your age (a gorilla becomes a silverback by age and tenacity) that life has some surprises for you. Some will be great, others will suck beyond belief. Plans change because of problems or because something so much better comes along. Or because you adjust your dreams to match those of someone else because their happiness becomes more important to you.

14. Xev Registered Senior Member

Truthseeker:

Are you still a virgin? Jesus, don't be so obvious about it.

No, but you reek bitterness and misogyny.

Holy shit you're pathetic.
    My dad paid my first three semesters of community college. I've paid for school since then, and my GPA has never dropped below a 3.7. I work at a job that pays just above minimum wage, and it's shitty work - but I've still managed to save enough to attend school and travel to Europe in summer.
    It's all about living lightly and keeping your priorities straight. I don't have a nice tv, or computer, I don't even own a car or a vcr. But I do have several good friends and a wonderful boy, and like Tyler I find myself able to live life very well without needing much money at all.

You pussy, I'd kill to be able to take advantage of the various government programs the Canadian government has for students.

Yes, when your challenge consists of a few posts on a message board and a statement of love for others.
    A real challenge, that you live up to, is strength.
    But why do you hate the world so?

Liar. Name one book by Nietzsche you've read.

Yes, you would not want an individualistic society. Don't worry Nelson, society is nothing but individualistic. It is geared to people like you.

No. They don't feel jealous, they realize how meaningless your affections are.

Your sacrificing having a family would MAKE this world a better place. Sterilization, Truthseeker: just do it.

You're not describing any sort of love but Nelson-love, which only exists in Nelson-land.
    No human would want the "love" of someone who sees them as interchangable with every other human. What you describe as love is an overfull affection, it bears no resemblance to love.

You sacrifice nothing. Anything you give up you get back as an ego trip.

I haven't said one thing about sexual attraction. The fact that you don't realize how intimately linked sexual attraction and love are just shows what an insensitive whore you are.

Love is at heart communication, besides that it is a state of complete empathy. This state is connected with eros for a reason, moron. Why do you think sex is referred to as lovemaking?

Are you still a virgin? Big suprise there.
    Nice evasion.
    No - I don't want a list. I want you to name one good, important thing you've done for humanity. What great works of science and philanthrophy bear the name of Nelson?
    Not a one.

15. Rogue Consciousness Registered Member

Chill, comrade. Intelligence brings as much freedom as anyone could handle. The real slaves are just slaves to their own stupidity and very short-term desires. People won't give up a few of their petty pleasures to get rid of the overwhelming stress of their lives, so I don't pity them.

Our existence isn't just to sustain the rich... if you think that about your own life you have some serious self-worth issues. Nobody is a slave unless they let themselves be controlled.

I want to marry a girl like Xev

16. ScRaMbLe Chaos Inc. Registered Senior Member

Um cosmic, if money is such a big factor for women then how do Ethiopians get any sex?

TS - Most women want an equal provider yes, but not to be provided for exclusively. Most prefer their independance, unless you're still living in the 1950s.
    My list of the items in the "package" they look for (from my personal experience, not speaking for all women, I haven't met em all.)

Strength (physical fitness/mental/strength of character)
    Sense of humour
    Appearance
    Humility
    Security (physical safety/financial safety, not extravegance)
    Inner confidence, not outward arrogance
    intelligence
    Talent - whatever you do, do it well
    Similar worldview and ideals to their own
    Good in bed

Its one hell of a list, I'll stop now before I disenchant myself. We guys have got it rough, all chicks have do is look pretty.

Money is only a small part and only relevant if you have a "small part".

Last edited: Feb 24, 2004
  17. Bells Staff Member

You can have a rich man who's a company director and be a complete dumbarse, and you can have a poor man who works at flipping burgers and be extremelly well read, intelligent and have a sense of humour. One's wage or position says nothing of one's intelligence. Exhibit A, look at George Bush.

Cosmictraveller

Really? Where I live we like to be clubbed on the head and dragged into the cave.

Cosmic, a woman who only goes out with you because of how much you're willing to pay for dinner is a errr.. to be nice... bitch? Could it be that they don't want to go to your house because you can't cook, have unclean fingernails, pick your nose, etc

? You're the only one who can answer as to why they don't wish to spend time with you without you having to pay.

Eluminate
    I'm between 25 and 35. Pick a number. Tell me something, does the girl ask you these questions after she's quoted her price?

And a word of advice. If a girl asks you if you have a car and why not when you say no, just tell her that you have a large motorbike to compensate for a small penis.

Mmmhmmm. And I also have a right to castrate you. Just call it the law of nature or self defence.

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Maybe. Who knows?

At least you have an opportunity to pay for your education. I'm not allowed to work. Btw, lot's of people are in pretty bad situation such as starving to pay the bills and having 3 or 4 part-time jobs at the same time with school.

I don't have time. I need to go to college.

I have something that is called compassion... and it makes me much less satisfied with life...

No, it is not. My dad doesn't make much money. I would say $1000 per month. All the money for my education is the entire money that he economised his entire life. And it will probably not be enough to complete university. And I can't work here. Do you realize I have mny hands tied? Not that I'm not fighting to get them untied, but it is pretty tough. I don't have the same rights as you do.

I consider others.
    Btw, friends are almost like a new thing to me. I don't have much travel. I don't have easy access to education and I can't easily travel. I don't have money. I already said I'm poor compared to you...

It takes me a whole lot more to make me "complete". Well... sometimes it just take me to listen to the birds around... but there's a whole lot more to do...

19. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Here we are. I want you all to bask in the warm glow of a stupid girl. Here:

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/CVArticle.asp?ID=18902&pid=1120

It's not the fact that she has a sex drive that makes her a slut, it's the fact that she sleeps with a ton of men.

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

They said much worse about me. What would you expect?

I said that because he said that we should act like lions...!

I was being sarcastic, saying that I'm weak and imcompetent...

I was talking about myself, not them.

That is true. Just ask her.

Who is complaining? YOU are complaining of nothing at all. I ask a couple of questions and you come here just to say that I'm hit, whining or whatever. Like... Don't you have anything better to do? :bugeye:
    If you are going to say something, say something that is useful, besides sjust bashing me for no reason at all!

Yes, I did...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.