Global Warming: Earth can EXPLODE !!!

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by wet1, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CANGAS Registered Senior Member

The thread starter needs to study manmade nuclear reactors THOROUGHLY to come to an understanding of how they work, and, therefore, how a natural, accidental, reactor would work.

Reactors get hotter or colder only because of the presence or absence of neutron moderator material in the immediate proximity to the fuel.

The housing of the reactor certainly may need adequate cooling so that it will not suffer from the heat, structurally, but the temperature of the housing has no influence at all on the progress of the nuclear reaction.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

I heard Global warming is a load of bullshit, and the earth had been warming and cooling for over past year, i.e the mini ice age we had and stuff. And also, some scientists did an experiment to see, if the methane in the seas would react if the seas got warmer and the found that, it would not happen.

I mean how bad can it be? humans have been through all sorts of stuff world war 1 world war 2, ect, ect. We will get through it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

As you can see I'm an optimistic. But if you really want to be worried about something you, should be worried about all those non tracked comets and asteroids. Its more likely that we would die from a comet hitting us then Global warming remember the dinosaurs?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

"Galileo discovered that Earth moves"

lol, how hard was that?

8. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Hahaha. You have no idea how stupid that statement is, do you? The laws of physics apply to EVERYTHING, nub.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  9. kmguru Staff Member

wow...somebody dug this thread out from deep freeze...! Congratulations....did we run out of ideas....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. CANGAS Registered Senior Member

What you mean "we", Registered User?

11. Matt Townsend Registered Member

Looks like something had started, severe cyclones forming around aussie with category 5's!!! Awesome landfall at Innisfail with winds up to 290km/hr, seems worst than Katrina last season! New cyclones forming right now around aussie circle!!!!

Matt

12. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Aww, MattMarrs first sockpuppet. How adorable.

13. Matt Townsend Registered Member

WHAT R U TALKING ABOUT? I feel pissed now as i just joined this forum.

Matt

14. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Pissed? The maybe you should stop drinking

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I aplogise, but there is another poster called MattMarr on this forum who makes a habit of posting nonsense claiming it was the Illuminati. He also occasionally uses pathetic fallacy (weather) as a theme. Your post just happened to seem like one of his going down a different road, and of course your username has Matt in it.

15. Matt Townsend Registered Member

I am different Matt. I from Ballina from Australia. I working on climate and weather, studying at school and learning to be meteorology.

Any comments on my first post?

Matt

16. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Not really, sorry. I'm no meteorologist, or an Australian.

17. I don't know It's the pun police, run! Registered Senior Member

- No one's denying that the global temperatures are affected by nature, what's being said is that there is a dramatic warming that's taken place since the industrial revolution that's on a scale and with a speed that's unprecedented in human existence - this warming can't be explained by natural factors alone, but are explained by human emissions of greenhouse gases.

- I don't think anyone doubts that some humans will survive (unless we act really stupid), but I kind of think we should set our sights higher than that, don't you? :|

18. Andre Registered Senior Member

Relax, there is nothing going on. Just an unprecedent scaremongering campaign like Chalko, the causer of the very first opening post intended to do. There is nothing unprecedent in the rate of warming. It was supposed to have happened 11,600 years ago but then with a rate of 10 degrees in as little as 10 years which is speculation based on biased interpretation, but that's another story. Humans were around by then.

The warming of the last decade is actually surprsingly low (Palle et al 2006), considered the abnormal low cloud coverage which should have induced a theoretical black body warming of 2,8 degrees Celsius but it was only 0,6C without any influence of greenhouse gasses.

The current hype is now stronger than ever due to a positive feedback loop of people wanting to be feared, media that want to scaremonger, climate scientists who need more money for their toy models and governments that seek leadership in fighting against the threat and get happy tax payers in the process.

The warming has already spiked out, the warmest year being 1998 and in a few decades global warming will just be another tick in the series: the eugenics scare, anti-semitism, mutual assured destruction, nuclear waste et al, nuclear meltdown scenarios, the coming ice age, the population bomb, acid rain, the asteroid collision, the clash of the civilizations, radon, microwaves and power lines, Y2K, peak oil etc. It will only costs us a few billion more. Money that could have been used for mitigating the real disasters.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.