Gnosticism

Discussion in 'Religion' started by birch, Jun 14, 2017.

1. birch Valued Senior Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharism#Massacre

I can see why gnosticism was suppressed but it's still a shame that it was along with others who were seeking, it's like a blotting out of other's illumination, truth and wisdom. i think the world becomes a little less and loses when these occur whether it's realized or not.

It was ahead of it's time and advanced as it wasn't mundane enough for most people to grasp/understand. Either way, gnosticism had an interesting and different take/view which imo makes even more sense than orthodox christianity. It makes a distinction between the old and new testament god where it's clear that the former was inferior which indicates gnostics were progressives.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. birch Valued Senior Member

This makes more sense. It's understandable why the gnostics thought this. enlightened souls or innocence tends to be predated on in such a system which on some fundamental level sense/know is wrong and this place is arbitrary and temporary. Very interesting because i've always seen it as the god of 'this' place too. No way this god has good standards but it wants to deceive that it is the best. i've always known deep inside somehow that no true creator of me would create such a place as this, otherwise i would agree with it. even when i am well off at times, i still don't agree with it on a fundamental level because it is just not ethical because of the system itself.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. birch Valued Senior Member

This makes so much sense. The very suspicions metaphorically i had. My abusers were so 'different' from me and something evil seemed to empower and protect them. as if the whole system conspired for them. that this was not my rightful home, it was theirs and i was in their turf and their domain. i don't even mean on a mundane level, i mean on a big spiritual all encompassing level like i was a victim of soul trafficking by being incarnated. I even knew on a very intrinsic and deep soul level, they were not my parents but actually soul enemies and that the innocence in me was a juicy target to them.

but the proof of that is also in my son, he is a very, very good, ethical and humble soul. not like the average person. even people have said things like he will change the world. it's about the type of good person he is. i used to worry he would be bullied or exploited if evil people sense he is good. it is sick. i don't know if he will make it or that the powers that be will hurt him too. i hope that i paid for any atrocious dues this heinous place requires so he will be left alone.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wellwisher Banned Banned

Christianity merged with Rome, in the 4th century AD, to form the Roman Catholic Church. This is when Christianity became more formally organized and structured. The new Roman Church became an integrating tool for a world superpower.

Before that key merger, there were seven main Christian churches, with each having its own personality. The church at Philadelphia, which was a city located at an important trade crossroads, in what would be modern Turkey, was the most optimized of the seven Churches. It is not coincidence that the founding fathers of the USA would write the Constitution, in a city with that same name; city of brotherly love. They were well aware of the symbolism.

The original idea of having many churches was connected to the promise of the spirit. The promise of leaving behind a living spirit, by Jesus, implied an organic approach to faith. Religion was supposed to be like life, which grows and evolves. Life also forms distinctions which nevertheless integrate via ecosystems. One does not need a living spirit, if the goal is to carve, one way for all, into stone.

Gnosticism attempted to retain the living spirit of inspiration and change, trying not to reduce God and religion to some linear bureaucracy. The Church at Philadelphia was an example of living faith in action. The members of the Church were able to apply their faith, in new and changing situations. They lived in a place where people of all races, faiths and lack of faith, merged for commerce, along the trade route.

8. kx000 Valued Senior Member

All knowledge is passive, or of peace of mind. The faithful nature creates its own objective omniscience. Wisdom is considerate. And the twin fallen lights; Knowledge, and Virtue bring to mind the forbbiden fruit of Eden. Knowledge rebelled when God gave free will. Because a portion of all things is bad, or evil Omniscience, or Lucifer, becomes fallen.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  9. river

Gnostics have nothing to do with christianity . Nothing at all .