GO NADER! You can do it lol

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Eluminate, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Eluminate Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Eluminate Registered Senior Member

he just came out and said he is running as an independant because of disagrements with the green party.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Esoteric Tragic Hero Registered Senior Member

I wonder which Republican group will secretly bankroll his "campaign".

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stokes Pennwalt Nuke them from orbit. Registered Senior Member

And all around the nation, Democrats are crying.

I dunno though. I think there's such a huge contingent of the "anyone but Bush" bandwagon that those who might've voted for Nader in 2000 will bit the bullet and vote for Kerry this time around.

8. Voodoo Child Registered Senior Member

It's a shame that minor political parties damage the area of the political spectrum that they reside in. America could benefit from having more than two choices. If you are a left of centre person and you don't like Kerry's moderate stance, what do you? If you are a rightee and you don't like Chimpface's spending and injudicious foreign intervention(remember when republicans were the grown-ups?) what do you do? Your only alternative is to stage a coup.

This isn't Bush winning, this is the left losing.

9. Eluminate Registered Senior Member

call it what you will the end result is Bush stays pres. so thats good in my mind.

I get a feeling that Osama is gonna be caught a month before the elections or so and then Nader wont matter much.

10. Undecided Banned Banned

Although Mr.Nader coming into the competition increases the stakes for the demos quite a bit. The experience from 2000 has awoken those voters in 2000 who voted for Nader, they won't do it again en masse like they did in 2000. Dean has brought those disenfranchised liberals back into the fold, and thustly I am not necessarily worried.

11. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

I think that he has been caught and they are going to come out that he as been caught and Bush will win in a landslide.

12. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

No doubt that's what is happening.

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Funny isn't it, when the Democrats see a problem they blame it on the Republicans instead of just pushing on and trying to run a clean campaign.Oh well here goes the mudslinging....I'll duck out of the way until all parties stop throwing the stuff around.

14. Shmoo The CzarnaChapka Registered Senior Member

Just wondering, have there been any popularity polls done yet? Where is Bush standing right now? I imagine Nader can't really do sufficient damage to the Democrats' campaign, but after the close elections in 2000, Democrats are probably worried about splitting the vote. It's a shame, like Voodoo Child said.

15. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Bush recently has been polling worse than Kerry by up to 12%, but the gap is expected because the Democrats have been in the news a lot lately (undecideds favor the candidate whose face they last saw on TV). Bush hasn't started spending in earnest yet. The Nader campaign is perhaps the start of the big push by the Republicans. If he gets enough money from Bush, Nader can deliver Bush the win alright.