Gobekli Tepe

Discussion in 'History' started by river, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

One person suggested that labor intensive projects were looked on with favor because the crops were in and the work helped keep the workers warm. I think that would have been the king's PR people who said that.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

Interesting thoughts

However there is no evidence of agriculture in the area so far .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

The site suggests there must have been on the basis that a hunter gatherer society simply would not have the time ...

If indeed hunters did it that would be interesting.

I would like to dig under what they have found as I bet what is there was built on something earlier.

I have been reading stuff on the monoliths around the world and although I dismissed out of hand claims of very early civilizations I find it interesting many consider history is much different to how we have it figured.

Alex

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

I would like to be there when you dig under , I'm sure it would be fascinating .

at least you have an open mind , easier to have nowadays , thank goodness .

Our history , ancient history , is definitely much different than how we previously figured it to be .

8. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I would like to be able to "dig" where various rivers in the world met the sea when sea levels were down.

I was thinking the other day if sea levels rose today by a couple of hundred feet it would be rather difficult to determine a place like New York or London ever existed...and anything left above the new wayer line would be scavenged by the few hill billies like me who are left...
    I am starting to think current history could be influenced by what was a fundamental belief that the world was only 6000 years old and that white folk led humans into the brave new world.
    As much as folk say that is crazy I do wonder how such a belief firmly held even by scolars may have guided our interpretations.

I heard a claim that I have yet to follow up...that the pyramids were not tombs...that is something from one of the nutters but the claim was no bodies have been found in a puramid...that seems wrong to me but what if that claim is closer to fact than not.

The problem I run into is on the one hand there is an established approach to history and the alternatives are put forward by folk who mainstream write off as nutters and so the "good" points the nutters make get lost in the noise.

However it would not surprise me that humans may have built up a civilization and that it was lost and we in effect started over.

What gets me wondering is the huge mololiths around the place...there are blocks of 1000 ton put in place better than you or I could lay a house brick...They appear to be cut at a time where one wonders what materials or methods would be available.

But wonder should not open the door to unsupported speculation...

And when you do some numbers on but one pyramid...2,500,000 blocks at 2.5 ton each...so conservatively to build one in twenty years you find they must have been quarrying, delivering and placing 10 blocks an hour each hour every hour of every day for the twenty years...not saying it is not possible but it is hard to imagine such a project.

Alex

9. river

wonder is a good state of mind